• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

shinohara

shinohara

Feb 26, 2023
the thought's nice, I've never really had "nice" clothes before
but I think I might get self conscious about it last minute, which is kind of stupid considering it's not like it'll matter what people think

M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
No, because my family will already be thinking I'm a sick person for committing suicide in the first place I don't want them to be traumatised further by seeing I 'dressed up' for it.

Reactions: girlsboysthems
9thFloorAngel

9thFloorAngel

Just Gotta Let Go...
Mar 2, 2023
Funnily enough, I did this today. I had tentatively planned on CTBing this evening and spent a good portion of my day cleaning myself up, doing my hair, nails, makeup, picking out an outfit. As the day went on, I realized today wasn't the day, that I wasn't ready, but now I look good, so that's a plus.

T

TamiyaTiger

Mar 7, 2023
I wouldn't want my body to be found looking embarrassingly unkempt, but I'm not really concerned about looking good. I doubt styling my hair or dressing up would really make me look much better after rigor mortis sets in.

Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
hmm, i'm not sure. i'm planning on doing SN, so i was gonna do it in my bed (although that might change) and wearing cute clothes might be uncomfortable.
on the other hand, while i don't believe in the afterlife, if my ghost was dressed in a hoodie and pjs for the rest of my death and i had the chance to look cool, i'd be pissed!

Yuki K

Yuki K

Student
Mar 9, 2023
Oh yeh, I'm not really going to "dress nicely" per se but I did pick out an outfit that I'm gonna wear during ctb. I've worn that before as well during my previous ctb attempts.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
The only thing that I see as being worth putting effort into is making sure that I succeed in ctb. Everything else would feel so insignificant to me if I was soon to be gone, and anyway, I see the human body as being a disgusting flesh prison, there could never be anything nice about it, it's something so burdensome feeling trapped inside it as of course there is no relief from suffering as long as one stays here.

junko

junko

carving my name in the grave again
Mar 16, 2023
I'd love to, but my top 3 most likely methods are all going to leave me looking ghastly anyway, so there's no point. Besides, if I survive, I don't want to see what few nice clothes I have get ruined.

SunnysSunset

SunnysSunset

it is what it is
Feb 5, 2023
I've daydreamed abt dressing up in a cute dress before CTB lol but realistically I don't know

Reactions: rationaltake
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
The medical examiner (forensic pathologist) will take off the person clothes and wash their face and body. Dressing prior is a waste of time. After he finishes the autopsy, the embalmer or whatever will dress you up based on what the person wishes were and if not given then the family decides what clothes one wear and the style of makeup. If looks are important then one must leave a note and instructions for them to follow.

Reactions: thereisnomeaning
thereisnomeaning

thereisnomeaning

To live here is my nightmare
Mar 15, 2023
Well I did try to dress at least "okay" at an attempt, but the paramedics cut off my favorite shirt and jacket lol, I was disappointed after waking up from a comma, and even more disappointed that I've lost my clothes

Reactions: LateForTheBus
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
Not really. I'd shower and brush my teeth at least. If gunshot ill be in jeans and tshirt. If SN pajamas in bed

Zetsubou

Zetsubou

Friend of Despair
Mar 16, 2023
I think it would depend on the method I'd be using. If I'm going for a more "peaceful" exit, then I would probably wear something nice just because. Then again, I fully expect all of my clothes to be thrown away, so maybe it doesn't matter if I ruin a nice outfit.

CandyK__

CandyK__

Mercy on me, would you please spare me tonight?
Mar 13, 2023
I would dress exceptionally fancy. Even if cloths make me less comfortable, the thought of knowing how I look makes me feel better, and if someone finds me they will first notice the beauty of mine, and see death as tragedy. Remembered as beautiful.

rue

rue

chronically ill
Sep 22, 2019
i cant realistically know, i mean i cant see the future but.. im generally a fan of looking like a mess so probably not, if i manage to get into one of those euthanasia thingies then maybe (i mean never say never amirite)

krxbs

krxbs

a bleeding heart </3
Jan 24, 2023
i've thought abt dying in my favorite outfit, but i feel like i won't have the energy to do that if/when the time comes.
also, relevant song... i think iluvtora can share his take here lol

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
A little. I'm going to clean my apartment and make sure my head is covered so that the person who finds me isn't too shocked. I'll wear something comfortable and clean, though. Nothing fancy.

mondo9k

mondo9k

Feb 5, 2023
Before or if you CTB, would you bother dressing yourself up nicely, etc.? What's your reasoning? Personally, I think I wouldn't. I don't see a huge point in it but i understand why some people would want to. ◡̈​
I saw a documentary where people cleaned their apartment spotlessly beforehand. Really interesting.

teyabutter

teyabutter

Just me
Feb 13, 2023
Before or if you CTB, would you bother dressing yourself up nicely, etc.? What's your reasoning? Personally, I think I wouldn't. I don't see a huge point in it but i understand why some people would want to. ◡̈​
Personally, absolutely not. I'm going to be dressed in comfortable clothes, if any at all. One of my favorite things is falling asleep and feeling cozy, so I shouldn't I try to emulate one of the only parts of life that I genuinely enjoyed?

imcadt99

imcadt99

Feb 23, 2023
I might have to shave to get my exit bag to properly seal around my head, definitely not looking forward to that lol. Honestly I'll probably request cremation and a closed casket if I CTB cleanly shaven, not that I expect it to be honored.

Last edited: