Would you crossdress out in public/school/work?

• Yes, I would

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No, I wouldn't.

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I am a woman and the number of pants I own is zero. Figure it out from there.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
What do you mean that it looks odd?

Well, it just looks weird. It depends on the man, but most people can't pull this off. Both genders dress differently, women clothing is designed with a female body in mind, both to compliment it and to accentuate this type of body. Those features don't often translate to a male body, not to mention that female clothing is more expressive than male clothing, which tends to be bland and with far less variants.

it may be cultural, the way have evolved to see each other, or simple bias. But that's the way I feel, and unless you live in a very progressive area, I can guarantee you that most people will think similarly. This is something out of the ordinary, so they'll think that you look odd and then move on, some may ask why you dress that way.

Most people will think positively off you regardless of how you dress or look like if you are close enough to them anyway. This would only be an issue in an extremely conservative place.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with this, I just know how people think about you if you dress or look different.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I'm definitely "brave enough" to, and I've cross dressed for a skit in grad school, dressed up as a female cheerleader in high school, etc., but I have no interest in cross dressing just for its own sake, as personally it offers me nothing to do so.

For those who do it, for whatever reasons, more power to them. Nice to see people uninhibited and willing to break societal norms.

Reactions: Red, Deleted member 19654 and greebo6
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Probably not since that would require me to be in public and I don't really like that

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Hm: Do people assume this man is gay and/or on his way to being transgender?

What's brave about the teacher at my uni who wears dresses and high heels on a daily basis is that he's challenging stereotypes and risking getting the shit beaten out of him by jackasses, also on a daily basis.
It depends understanding is linked in some parts to levels of empathy and somewhat intelligence, I met a crossdresser who was the IT person at a former client place of business, they made real fun of him when his back was turned, but understand this that the client was a courier company with real thug like mentality so different from uni where people would be passionate, liberal and understanding if not accepting needless to say he wasn't working there on my second visit. It all depends on the eyes of the beholder whether they are capable of real understanding or not.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
It depends understanding is linked in some parts to levels of empathy and somewhat intelligence, I met a crossdresser who was the IT person at a former client place of business, they made real fun of him when his back was turned, but understand this that the client was a courier company with real thug like mentality so different from uni where people would be passionate, liberal and understanding if not accepting needless to say he wasn't working there on my second visit. It all depends on the eyes of the beholder whether they are capable of real understanding or not.

Indeed, but he has to get to work every day, do his shopping, run errands, etc. And even within the liberal-ish confines of the university, he has to deal with fresh students every year and somehow prove he's worth not being killed with a shovel.

Reactions: Deleted member 94
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Indeed, but he has to get to work every day, do his shopping, run errands, etc. And even within the liberal-ish confines of the university, he has to deal with fresh students every year and somehow prove he's worth not being killed with a shovel.
At least he probably has respite for 7 to 10 hours maybe more at university, that guy didn't it may have been 24/7 for him, a battle that never ends or takes a break. I admire your teacher for his courage I once saw on television a crossdresser was chased all over town by a bunch of teenagers, frightening thing to watch even if it was just TV mythology. Most parents will say they're just kids but don't realise I'm having a go at the parents upbringing not their kids.

Reactions: Soul
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Often heard women say that we should have to fully dress as a woman for a day ,including the uncomfortable bra and heels , to know what they have to go through.
It'll probably happen one day.... !
If you believe in reincarnation you might come back as the opposite sex.

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I wouldn't. These social issues don't really concern me in my day-to-day and I have absolutely no desire to wear heels. I have no qualms with anyone that wants to. It does seem more like a statement than pure sincerity though, like a lot of these "hard hitting" social issues of the times

Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
Cross-dressing is perfectly fine, wearing clothes that don't fit you well stands out more as a sore thumb to me. I'm really tired of seeing guys in frumpy t-shirts and cargo shorts. This guy has had the skirts tailored/bespoke, it looks great on him.

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Cross-dressing is perfectly fine, wearing clothes that don't fit you well stands out more as a sore thumb to me. I'm really tired of seeing guys in frumpy t-shirts and cargo shorts. This guy has had the skirts tailored/bespoke, it looks great on him.
I have done it a few times and its been for specific things - a lost bet - a dare - a fancy dress party -a charity event . It really was a lot of fun each time . Good laugh. And the women involved respected us for being willing to get 'out of our comfort zone' for a good charitable cause. I'd do it again in the same circumstances.
But to do it seriously , full time, both in and out of public as a part of your real everyday life is not easy in our intolerant society and for this reason I respect this guy a lot and would so anyone the same.

Reactions: Red