• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
What was your worst ecperincie with a psychologist/therapist? And did the therapy make you more suicidal than before? What was the worst psychlogist/therapist or even psychiatrist you had?

Reactions: Luchs and Klee_
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Absolutely it made me more suicidal. I never needed it in the first place yet I went along with it for five years. What sort of idiot does that?

Reactions: Klee_ and Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Absolutely it made me more suicidal. I never needed it in the first place yet I went along with it for five years. What sort of idiot does that?

Why did it do that?

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Make me more suicidal or why did I go along with it? I went along with it because I thought if I did that to please others they'd do what I wanted. They never did and every day I wonder why I didn't just do it myself. You could say I need therapy now but I'd rather die than ever go back there again

Reactions: Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Make me more suicidal or why did I go along with it? I went along with it because I thought if I did that to please others they'd do what I wanted. They never did and every day I wonder why I didn't just do it myself. You could say I need therapy now but I'd rather die than ever go back there again

No why did it make you more suicidal?

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
It's not really their fault it's mine. Like I say I never even needed to go and I cringe when I look back. It's unfortunate but I've ruined therapy for myself forever. I suppose if they really wanted to help there's things they could have done but they wouldn't have been by the book. I was being treated for something I didn't even have and I didn't even seem to mind

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I'm not trying to challenge you or argue, but your post reminded me of (insured U.S.) adults on this site who've eschewed psychiatric care for the majority of their lives. They're badly in need of even the most antiquated anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds.

I know now you're probably not in the mood to think about all the positives of psych care, but isn't it (i.e., psych care) a necessary evil if one wants access to pharmaceuticals?

And, as much as we all hate shrinks, wouldn't you say that overall drugs have been a net positive for those of us struggling with mental illness?

In all sincerity, I'm asking, if you had a person in your care who was struggling, wouldn't you say psych care/meds should be the first line of defense?

Please let me know.

YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
On my teen years a psychologist tried to make false thoughts about why I thinked that I could be gay (At my 14 years old). To make more shorter the story, she tried to convince me that a an adult woman molested me at some point of my childhood, when I can't figure who could be a suspect, but she insisted on that the fear of heterosexual sex was for apparent abuse episodes who never occurred (Who, as her theory, get me to redirect my sexual and romantic desires to men). I don't accept that bullshit and ask to my mom for another counselor.

• Hugs
Reactions: exhausted
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
The last idiot I saw called my house two dozen times one evening. Then after seeing him the next day, he called the police on me for a welfare check. The police pointed a gun at me and took me to the emergency room in handcuffs. I didn't go back.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I had a therapist when I was a teen who told me I was a tiny depressed little fetus!
The last idiot I saw called my house two dozen times one evening. Then after seeing him the next day, he called the police on me for a welfare check. The police pointed a gun at me and took me to the emergency room in handcuffs. I didn't go back.

Why did he call 2 dozen times?!?
On my teen years a psychologist tried to make false thoughts about why I thinked that I could be gay (At my 14 years old). To make more shorter the story, she tried to convince me that a an adult woman molested me at some point of my childhood, when I can't figure who could be a suspect, but she insisted on that the fear of heterosexual sex was for apparent abuse episodes who never occurred (Who, as her theory, get me to redirect my sexual and romantic desires to men). I don't accept that bullshit and ask to my mom for another counselor.

That's actually a very common belief for why people are gay. I don't think it's true though. I'm a woman, and I was molested by a boy when I was 9 and then raped by a young man when I was 18, but I'm still only sexually attracted to men.

Last edited:
Reactions: Painted Bird
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
I hit mine he was telling me i need to let of my anger i bin bottling up for years never ever letting it out. In the end it ended up like i had sum one else in my head in fact I could chat to it could get quiet vocal at times. Any he was saying that they no one else in my head but me i try to tell him . But would not listen so i let go and out he popped MR anger and hit him a few times then his minders cam running in and try to pin me to the floor. Big mistake they was four of them over six foot and was all muscle but down they went my anger got them to. Then the first i guy i hit work out want was happen and told them to back of and let me cool down. And my self cam back to say he was a little shocked by it all but did not call the police as he new i had warned him what mite happen and it was sorted his fault to . He then told me that there was not much he can do for me and that was it first and last time I saw a srink . lol :)

Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
I fired my pshycologist because when discussing my obsession with the perpetrator of my trauma, she said: "...Well what do you plan on doing just sitting in your room all day and pining and crying over him?"

Like bitch what the fuck? If I wanted to hear that I could go tell my story to a random person on the street. Not someone who charges 200$ for a 45 minute session. (My co pay was only 20$ but fucking still)

Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
I fired my pshycologist because when discussing my obsession with the perpetrator of my trauma, she said: "...Well what do you plan on doing just sitting in your room all day and pining and crying over him?"

Like bitch what the fuck? If I wanted to hear that I could go tell my story to a random person on the street. Not someone who charges 200$ for a 45 minute session. (My co pay was only 20$ but fucking still)
Is it like seeing the doctors they have to keep stuff between you and them if so can he she be done for it ?

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Its a money game in the USA its disgusting they will not lift a finger unless you have insurance and can pay a copay of you have one. The sick, disabled, and dying are what the healthcare scam targets

Reactions: HGL91 and Baskol1
E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
My first year in university I was meeting with the school therapist as it is a very small town and that was my only option for therapy. She started off my telling me that her specialty was eating disorders, something I do not suffer from.
For the first month things were okay, but she would ask me a lot about how much I was eating and whether it was affecting my ability to function. Eventually it got to the point where she was trying to diagnose me with anorexia (I'm not overweight but I'm far from anorexic) and was trying to treat me for that, completely ignoring my worsening symptoms and the fact that I was starting to develop psychosis and having psychotic episodes.
I ended up telling her to stuff a chicken pit pie up her a** (not very mature but felt damn good) and walked out. Then j was left with no options for therapy until I moved home for the summer. Now when I return I won't have any options for therapy again.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
My first year in university I was meeting with the school therapist as it is a very small town and that was my only option for therapy. She started off my telling me that her specialty was eating disorders, something I do not suffer from.
For the first month things were okay, but she would ask me a lot about how much I was eating and whether it was affecting my ability to function. Eventually it got to the point where she was trying to diagnose me with anorexia (I'm not overweight but I'm far from anorexic) and was trying to treat me for that, completely ignoring my worsening symptoms and the fact that I was starting to develop psychosis and having psychotic episodes.
I ended up telling her to stuff a chicken pit pie up her a** (not very mature but felt damn good) and walked out. Then j was left with no options for therapy until I moved home for the summer. Now when I return I won't have any options for therapy again.

Lol! What the heck?? It's as if she was thinking "Crap! I don't know how to help this person, but I gotta do my job, so I'm just gonna make them believe they have anorexia and help them with that!"

Did she at least give you any advice?? Though, I wouldn't have wanted to return to her when she had that attitude anyway!

Last edited:
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Without trying to retype everything, here is my post in another thread about my therapist/psychologist experiences. In short, I would say it has done very little if anything for me, and at the worst, it raised the risk and consequences of what could have happened. I am much better troubleshooting my problems on my own and then referring to friends and/or other people for practical solutions rather than going to a therapist/mental health professional to find a objective solution to an objective problem.

F

Frank

Aug 22, 2019
A couple years ago I was seeing a therapist Who always asked these vague questions and when I asked to elaborate he would Just sit there and go like "hmmm". This ended up in half of most sessions being an awkward silence which was a waste of over 200€ an hour but my parents had "a good feeling" about him so I kept going there untill i attempted to ctb. After that I wasted 7months in a psych ward but atleast that gave me some peace of mind.

coma-baby

coma-baby

Misanthropic Drunken Loner
Aug 21, 2019
Not me, but my friend had a therapist through his college. The guy didn't really listen to my friend. He told my friend to come out to his family as transgender and gay (as opposed to staying in the safety that the closet was providing him).
He did as he was advised by his therapist and his family immediately disowned him. He told his therapist that he had never felt closer to suicide than he did in those days after coming out.
You know what his therapist did?
The therapist dropped my friend. Stopped seeing him. Severed the professional relationship. Because he had made the situation so dramatically worse due to his refusal to listen to his client.
Some people are in the wrong line of work.

But don't let that story scare you, OP. I'm about a month into counselling and I adore my therapist. I mean. I'm still wanting to CTB every single day, but my counselor is doing what he can to help me.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Not me, but my friend had a therapist through his college. The guy didn't really listen to my friend. He told my friend to come out to his family as transgender and gay (as opposed to staying in the safety that the closet was providing him).
He did as he was advised by his therapist and his family immediately disowned him. He told his therapist that he had never felt closer to suicide than he did in those days after coming out.
You know what his therapist did?
The therapist dropped my friend. Stopped seeing him. Severed the professional relationship. Because he had made the situation so dramatically worse due to his refusal to listen to his client.
Some people are in the wrong line of work.

But don't let that story scare you, OP. I'm about a month into counselling and I adore my therapist. I mean. I'm still wanting to CTB every single day, but my counselor is doing what he can to help me.

I've always said, if someone doesn't have good friends or family, they're screwed. Money doesn't necessarily pay for people to truly care about you. :/

Glad you have a good therapist that is helping you out though. Too bad your friend wasn't as lucky.

coma-baby

coma-baby

Misanthropic Drunken Loner
Aug 21, 2019
I've always said, if someone doesn't have good friends or family, they're screwed. Money doesn't necessarily pay for people to truly care about you. :/

Glad you have a good therapist that is helping you out though. Too bad your friend wasn't as lucky.
My friend is okay currently. I'm actually planning on marrying him in January. If I don't CTB before then, that is.
He was able to pull through. He's been able to pull through a lot of things without the proper support. He's the main reason I'm still kickin' currently. I'm glad he's here for me but I'm also not because I feel like I'm just dragging him down and ruining his future by not being able to plan for it.
But I'm going on a tangent here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love
Reactions: Pony and Baskol1
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
My friend is okay currently. I'm actually planning on marrying him in January. If I don't CTB before then, that is.
He was able to pull through. He's been able to pull through a lot of things without the proper support. He's the main reason I'm still kickin' currently. I'm glad he's here for me but I'm also not because I feel like I'm just dragging him down and ruining his future by not being able to plan for it.
But I'm going on a tangent here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's probably grateful to have you too. Especially if he doesn't have a big support system and you two have helped each other out tons.

Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Oooh good topic! You guys wouldn't believe the worst experience I had so which T should I tell you about?

The one that told me the reason why I wasn't getting better was because I didn't want to get better?

The one that told me my situation wasn't as dire as I was claiming after he spoke to my abusive parents and chose to believe them over me?

The one that showed up at my house without announcing himself a few days after I told him that that would be our final session and I no longer wanted to continue seeing him, to which he agreed?

The one that kept staring at my boobs? Not just glancing, staring without looking away. I was 16.

The one that kept chain-smoking for the entirety of every single session we had despite me sitting just opposite the desk from her and being a minor? This one also told me I read too much, because encouraging intellectual pursuits in at-risk teenagers is a recipe for disaster, clearly. She also administered tests designed to prompt completely subjective answers from the patient, then proceeded to get mad at me for my answers.

I have so many stories, one more unbelievable than the next. None of them made me more suicidal, but they did make my life significantly harder than it already was. Not a single positive thing came out of me being in therapy, zero progress, zero useful techniques learned.

E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019

Exactly... I have a psychologist and a psychiatrist. I see them both regularly. However I am grateful for their persistance up to now but I feel like they have given up on me (hence me being here on SS). They aren't bad per se, but legally limited in the ways they can help you. Therapy is very useful, but not for all issues/conditions/problems. Suicidality is very complex stuff, very misunderstood by therapists who have never been suicidal. There is a book called « why people CTB » (I'm paraphrasing the CTB part because I don't want it to link back to here) by a dude with the initials TJ. It's an interesting read, and it helped me understand some of my reasons. Obviously hasn't solved my problem but it's an interesting read if you can go into it with an open mind. Reading about it, maybe just like talking about it openly like this place allows us to do helped calm the CTB thoughts and impulsivity in me.

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
What was your worst ecperincie with a psychologist/therapist? And did the therapy make you more suicidal than before? What was the worst psychlogist/therapist or even psychiatrist you had?
Though it didn't magically cure me it definetly helps. My therapist is a warm, middleaged woman and one of the nicest and most intelligent people I have ever met. I am happy that I have a therapist.