Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
When I was a kid, I once put on my avatar a candle with a dark background. It was some mourning day. One of my classmates did it, and I mimicked her behavior. I still don't know why I did this.

Blueman

Blueman

Student
Aug 13, 2020
Agreed. Everyone I know posts so much bs like that, but try to talk to them about your mental health and they'll be halfway down the block before you've even managed to finish your sentence. People don't truly care, they just pretend to to make themselves look good.
I think people(at least the people I know)truly do care it's just an extremely difficult thing to talk about and understand if you've not had mental health problems yourself and even if you have everybody's situation is slightly different

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
R

Ready2GoNow

Sep 10, 2020
I think people(at least the people I know)truly do care it's just an extremely difficult thing to talk about and understand if you've not had mental health problems yourself and even if you have everybody's situation is slightly different
The people I know genuinely don't care. They only care about hitting me up when they need something (usually money), then ignore my entire existence for months until the next time they need something.
I also don't think 'they can't relate because they've never been through it' is a good enough excuse, personally. I've never broken my leg, but if I saw someone with a broken leg I'd still care enough to try and help as best as I can. The reality is no one cares if you're suicidal. They only care when you're dead.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, crybaby, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Well I've got some good news. I e-mailed someone and told her it was suicide awareness day (I know, I got it wrong, it's actually suicide prevention day, but hopefully that's not important) and suggested she did something to decrease my desire to kill myself. I got an e-mail from her yesterday for the 1st time since April. So that cheered me up a tiny bit. It remains to be seen whether she'll keep sending me e-mails this time.

• Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Christmas
It would bloody feel like Christmas lol if they did
Well I've got some good news. I e-mailed someone and told her it was suicide awareness day (I know, I got it wrong, it's actually suicide prevention day, but hopefully that's not important) and suggested she did something to decrease my desire to kill myself. I got an e-mail from her yesterday for the 1st time since April. So that cheered me up a tiny bit. It remains to be seen whether she'll keep sending me e-mails this time.
I bloody hope so if that's what you desire. Hugs.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm late to this thread, but my two cents is that I agree that it's mostly full of virtue signalers who "don't really care" but want to "act like they care" in order to score brownie points with their fellow peers and society. As for them trying to make CTB'ing harder by limiting effective methods and what not, I wouldn't underestimate them for trying to restrict access to reliable means since over the years they have done that with certain methods (one example would be 'Helium' in those Toy balloon kits by making the helium tank less than pure and adding another gas into it, thus diluting the gas inside. There are more but that's just one that comes to mind).

Furthermore, the sad part is that I don't see anti-suicide, anti-choice rhetoric lightening up in overall society (sure, in some circles there may be more open discussion and dialogue about it, mainly the end-of-life, terminal illness/death with dignity circles and some philosophical circles, but hardly much in the voluntary euthanasia, self-deliverance aspects). While it may be possible that progress will eventually get there, it's not likely to happen anytime soon, at least not within the near future... I just remember "we are NOT free" when we have to secretly obtain the resources and methods while remaining under the radar (not raising suspicion, red flags, and what not), preparing ourselves for the attempt, and finally, trusting that our method is reliable, execute it properly, and overcoming SI to find peace. All of that would not be necessary if only voluntary euthanasia is legalized and/or allowed to be accessed freely (with some restrictions to prevent abuse of course).

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Skathon
thirdwitch

thirdwitch

Oct 10, 2019
It makes me so mad that so many people want us to keep suffering.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, AJ., crybaby and 5 others
Hanna Backer

Hanna Backer

A pecadora
Sep 10, 2020
It makes me so mad that so many people want us to keep suffering.
Querem escravos sociais, é tudo uma engrenagem, ja ouviu falar da corrida dos ratos? Tudo o que importa é a porcaria do papel moeda, por isso não nos deixam morrer. Bem vindo a black pill!

lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
In Singapore, two mothers started the "Please Stay" campaign. Of course they went straight for the guilt trip.

I think the Jewish community is trying to start the "Suicide Will Kill Your Poor Mother" campaign.

Arabs have the "Honor Killings Prevent Suicides" campaign.

The US is heading toward a "Make Suicide Great Again" campaign.
I am in Singapore and I had heard absolutely nothing about suicide prevention on the 10th.... I guess no one around me really gave a shit. When I finally stop being scared of failing it, and successfully leave, I bet they won't care either

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, GoodPersonEffed and Homecoming
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
fucking loada shite!!

Here's some typical responses:

Society: "If you're feeling low, for goodness sake tell someone!"

Person: "I'm feeling suicidal"
Society: "You're attention seeking"

Person: *attempts suicide*
Society: "A cry for help"

Person: *kills themselves*
Society: "There were absolutely no signs" :(

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: lovelyheartz, it's_all_a_game, AJ. and 3 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020

someone shared this earlier in this thread

Photo 2020 09 10 01 20 47 1

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, lobster salad, BipolarGuy and 1 other person
B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
This thread is insane in the membrane ;
Im still smiling when i think about it

• Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and GoodPersonEffed
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020

This is true :notsure:

Even if there are signs, it's either ignored or seen as attention-seeking too.

people often believe 'genuinely suicidal people don't talk about it; they just do it'. That means that if you do talk about it, you're clearly not genuine...

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
This is true :notsure:

Even if there are signs, it's either ignored or seen as attention-seeking too.

people often believe 'genuinely suicidal people don't talk about it; they just do it'. That means that if you do talk about it, you're clearly not genuine...

this part is a mindfield, some people do talk about it as they actually do want help, which is when sometimes attention seeking comes into it, as if they are cured and no longer sucicidal, then what was the issue BUT sometimes, someone may talk about it, get accused of attention seeking, get ignore, they ctb, bam what was it then, where they wanting help but failed, did they really want to ctb or other?

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
No way of knowing in that situation.