Usako0504

Usako0504

Mar 1, 2020
I started a new job after nearly half a year being out of work. I had another job last week but the call center environment made me have a mental breakdown.

The fucked up thing is I started a new job today, in the same... exact building as my old job, which I loved and was pushed out of due to my racist ex-boss. It was extremely humiliating, there is no way to avoid my old coworkers and I'm currently in a much lower position because I kept getting ghosted by recruiters. I worked nearly a decade to break into tech without a bachelors degree so the humiliation is 100x, because I was good at my job and even had other coworkers admit it was racism and bullying on the part of my superiors.

I have to go into the same offices, use the same escalators, I spent 20 minutes of my lunch break crying in our shared bathroom. In the past few month I put out over 250+ applications, went on 20 different interviews, got to second and third stage rounds of interviews, and suddenly when I showed my face I wasn't "qualified" for most fucking receptionist positions despite working on a key platform as a corporate designer and researcher. I fucking hate this world.

My job was the only thing that was stopping me from ctb, I worked so, so, incredibly hard, and I feel like a complete failure.

I feel utterly humiliated having to go into the same building, through the same hallway, to the same fucking front desk, as everyone. It's genuinely like living a nightmare. I relocated to this city at my own expense to do my last job too. I am stuck here, I lost my last relationship and my ex got another girl pregnant. I hope someone shoots me in the head. I'm starting to lean heavily towards just getting N but I don't know what to do with my cat, but I feel like I'm failing him too. I fucked my entire life up. I want to die.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ChildrensITV, y'ffre, Ki_Nam and 4 others
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I'm so sorry hun. I feel the same way. I have applied to over 100+ jobs that I am qualified for whether it's due to racism and sexism etc and no one wants to hire me like wtfffff. I also have two cats and my bad luck is rubbing off on them too.

As for feeling humiliated about your job in a lower position facing your old coworkers, try to give off a I don't give a fuck attitude. If you show sensitivity, people will use it to attack you. It's what I've learned from my horrible experiences.

If you do plan to CTB just make sure your cat is taken care of first. I wish you all the best.

Reactions: saderaser, Ki_Nam, BornHated and 2 others
Usako0504

Usako0504

Mar 1, 2020
I'm so sorry hun. I feel the same way. I have applied to over 100+ jobs that I am qualified for whether it's due to racism and sexism etc and no one wants to hire me like wtfffff. I also have two cats and my bad luck is rubbing off on them too.

As for feeling humiliated about your job in a lower position facing your old coworkers, try to give off a I don't give a fuck attitude. If you show sensitivity, people will use it to attack you. It's what I've learned from my horrible experiences.

If you do plan to CTB just make sure your cat is taken care of first. I wish you all the best.
I'm trying to figure out a way for him to be happy. I feel like lately I'm bad at taking care of him too. I feel horrible.

Ki_Nam

Ki_Nam

Slow brain turdle
Mar 23, 2023
Yeah call center jobs are really shit. But you get used to the self serving attitudes. For me it's the assholes that listen in to my calls and think it's funny. Or even the ones that prank call assuming fake identities, just to screw with your head. Those are all just fog that I believe you can walk through. Even though it makes me mad sometimes, my ctb goal is completely irrelevant to something of that nature. But I do feel your pain.

Feeling humiliated is okay. Because it won't matter in the end.

Reactions: Usako0504
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like a really awful situation to be trapped in, it's really horrible how in this world humans just create so much harm and suffering. Life certainly is so unnecessarily cruel and there could never be anything fair about existing here but anyway best wishes. It's not surprising that working makes so many people wish to ctb. And by the way if by N you mean Nembutal, then from what I'm aware there is no way to actually obtain it, there are just scams instead.