• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Mount Everest
Tibetan name: Chomolungma, Nepali name: Sagarmatha
Unlike Mariana Trench, it's a popular place among adventurers in the world and sometimes experiences "traffic jam" :ohhhh:
D9bzCVeZLHQnZ6bUWvAkrW.jpg

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
White Sands (prehistoric "traffic jam")
Trails of footprints called "ghost tracks" have been seen in the White Sands area New Mexico … revealed as both the earliest known footprints and the oldest firm evidence of humans anywhere in the Americas, showing that people lived there 21,000 to 23,000 years ago — several thousand years earlier than scientists once believed … suggesting that they may have arrived up to 30,000 years ago, thousands of years before the height of the ice age 🙀

Last edited:
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Sep 27, 2022

A photo of humankind's space junk + satellite traffic in our orbit is not very interesting … so here's a substitute of what else might be 'out there' ✨🙃✨

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Sep 27, 2022
Wandering Aengus ✨💛✨

(The Song of…) By YEATS

I went out to the hazel wood,
Because a fire was in my head,
And cut and peeled a hazel wand,
And hooked a berry to a thread;
And when white moths were on the wing,
And moth-like stars were flickering out,
I dropped the berry in a stream
And caught a little silver trout.

When I had laid it on the floor
I went to blow the fire a-flame,
But something rustled on the floor,
And someone called me by my name:
It had become a glimmering girl
With apple blossom in her hair
Who called me by my name and ran
And faded through the brightening air.

Though I am old with wandering
Through hollow lands and hilly lands,
I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among long dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done,
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.

✨💛✨🌸✨🌞✨💕✨🌙✨

Source: The Wind Among the Reeds (1899)

Last edited:
slugcat

slugcat

Student
Mar 14, 2023
Fruit Tree ( Arbre fruitier in french) 𓆱𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

~ okei this might seem like an odd choice at first glance so let me explain myself~
~ W.B.Yeats' song made me think of my favorite poet, Apollinaire ~
~ In his poem "Saltimbanque" (which can be lossely translated to "mountebank" in english, he opposes the never ending wandering of the musicians and the stilness / stagnant nature of the fruit trees (abres fruitiers)
~ thats why i thought a tree could be a good anti-assotiation to "Wandering Aengus" as trees never leave the place they grow at, they can only wave their branches at the travelers ~

" Et les enfants s'en vont devant
Les autres suivent en rêvant
Chaque arbre fruitier se résigne
Quand de très loin ils lui font signe." (
its really far from being my favorite poem of his but i thought i would work pretty well !)

(@Per Ardua Ad Astra : o my god ! i just noticed that you had a W.B Yeats quote as your pfp ! i don't know his works very well but form the few poems i read of him, i think he might be one of the greatest poet iv ever read heheh. thank you for sharing his song "Wandering Aengus", just the title is absolutly beautiful (had never heard of the Aengus before !) and the whole song is absolutly beautiful, i want to print it and stick it on my wall !!)

PABLO PICASSO THE FAMILY OF SALTIMBANQUES 1 ................................. Apollinaire c0d20249 2d76 48c8 af4c e68fea5ff991 ........................ Un fruitier basse tige est un bon compromis entre les grands sujets et les petites formes phot

༺☾🌿✧ ˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕯🕊.⋆。༶❀ ༘ ع˖⁺ 🍃☁⋆ .⋆。𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹ ࿐༺☾🌿✧ ˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕯🕊.⋆。༶❀ ༘ ع˖⁺ 🍃☁⋆ .⋆。𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹ ࿐༺☾🌿✧ ˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕯🕊.⋆。༶❀ ༘ ع˖⁺ 🍃☁⋆ .

Last edited:
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Sep 27, 2022
Dun Aengus ~ Ancient Irish Hill Fort

Dún Aonghasa (Unofficial anglicised version Dun Aengus) is the best-known of several prehistoric hill forts on the Aran Islands of County Galway, Ireland. It lies on Inis Mór, at the edge of a 100-metre-high (330 ft) cliff.

The 19th-century artist George Petrie called Dún Aonghasa "the most magnificent barbaric monument in Europe". Its name, meaning "Fort of Aonghas", may refer to the pre-Christian god of the same name described in Irish mythology, or the mythical king, Aonghus mac Úmhór. It has thus traditionally been associated with the Fir Bolg.

(@slugcat ~ This is a bit rushed tonight ~ it doesn't do it justice :(

Anyway ~ I visited there in 2001 …
Sorry these wonky pics don't convey the majestic location and full height of the cliffs !
Good pics online ~ but not able to post here :(

Such a lovely poem and images you wrote above ~ I love all trees ~ especially fruit trees 🌿✨🌸✨🙏✨💛✨

*As you can see ~ there are no trees on this barren windswept stony island landscape !

I'm glad you like the Yeats poem / song ~ it has special meaning for me 🌙🌸

Yes my pfp is the Gravestone of Yeats + his very succinct epitaph 🕊️💫🦋

🙃
🌊

Last edited: