• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
im under the impression that eccentric people are the ones who are able to turn their weirdness, lack of conformism into something productive, in a way they can enjoy life. many are said to be mental ill, and maybe they are, but perhaps in a carefree way?

i don't know if this makes sense, it's just a thought.

i believe to be weird, clearly not fitting in on the pattern, but i am the kind of weird that doesn't actually make something out of this weirdness. i might be eccentric in my head, but regarding real life i am nothing but plain and simple, i am weird because I am not functional, not because I have something extraordinary within me, not because I am authentic.

anyway. just random thoughts.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I wish so too, there's something wrong with me but I can't make anything of it. Idk if you watched Bojack Horseman but there's a episode dedicated to a character called Diane and it's very emotional and strong. She went through stuff and has "baggage" but she doesn't feel like it's good baggage. No potential, just a sick person with a bad past/mental issues. Can't make anything of it. I recommend that show in general but that one episode really hit me, I think you could find something in it to relate to too

• Aww..
Reactions: Sensei and ecmnesia
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
I wish so too, there's something wrong with me but I can't make anything of it. Idk if you watched Bojack Horseman but there's a episode dedicated to a character called Diane and it's very emotional and strong. She went through stuff and has "baggage" but she doesn't feel like it's good baggage. No potential, just a sick person with a bad past/mental issues. Can't make anything of it. I recommend that show in general but that one episode really hit me, I think you could find something in it to relate to too
never watched it, but i sure do feel like Diane. maybe I'll find some strength to watch it, if only to identify with something.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
never watched it, but i sure do feel like Diane. maybe I'll find some strength to watch it, if only to identify with something.
Really enjoyed it, here's a quote from Diane:

If I don't write my book of essays now, that means all the damage I got, isn't good damage. It's just damage. I have gotten nothing out of it, and all of those years, I was miserable for nothing. I could have been happy this whole time and written a book about girl detectives and been cheerful and popular and had good parents, is that what you're saying? What was it all for?!

• Love
Reactions: ecmnesia
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
about being eccentric: once in the famous "mad" magazine was a cartoon. it was something like that.
when you are poor you are crazy. when you have money you are eccentric ^^