• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Does anyone else wish that on people's farewell posts, they'd reveal their full names?

I understand the importance of anonymity and that it's unlikely people would start doing this, I'm just so curious about everyone on here and would want to read obits.

MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Some revealed their first names, but I don't think a full name is good idea. I'm perfectly fine knowing only usernames, a first name can make it more personal though.

Reactions: bov and sadworld
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
At one point I was considering giving my real name to a trusted member on this site so they would be able to check the obituaries after I post my goodbye thread to confirm to other members that ctb was successful, I thought it could be useful in particular for methods such as SN but of course there are also obvious risks about giving out such personal details

Reactions: sadworld
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Sometimes I'm curious of peoples names, but more so if I've been talking and interacting with them for a long time. I think in total I've given my name out once and have no plans to do so in a goodbye thread. If I did, it would only be on first name terms. Not only does it seem like it's bringing too much attention to the deceased person and their family, but it also makes things too real in my opinion.

Surgeon

Surgeon

anam cara
Mar 2, 2020
The only thing stopping me from being me is the rules on the forum.
I'd be happily transparent in that regard but i can see the problems that could arise.

Reactions: Life_and_Death
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I've only seen one persons obit. They had posted a link to their soundcloud with their name and you could find his obit with a google search.

Reactions: Surgeon
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
No! People who post here have good reasons to hide their IRL identities. Maybe they don't want their families, friends or colleagues to find out what happened; maybe too much attention and too many confirmed suicides would attract trolls and shiny-happy do-gooders, or some of the bereaved would campaign for this forum to be taken down. This is not what we want to happen. Not because we need a site where we go to die, but because anonimity gives a certain safety.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I don't think it would make any difference. I don't need a real name to know there is a real person on the other side.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I'm Joel. I don't give a shit if anybody knows, because no one gives a shit about me. Even if someone I know IRL finds out I've been posting on a suicide forum they'd just say "well, that figures".
I'm Michael. I couldn't care less either. Mind you, my username doesn't leave much to the imagination.