D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
This is what governments are doing world wide. A directive from the WHO. These are the people running the world right now, not our elected representatives.
There are substantial differences in the pattern of suicide methods inter-nationally. These reflect the interplay of different determinants of suicidal behaviour,6,8 primarily the availability of suicidal means. The present findings indicate that restricting access to the means of suicide is more urgent and more technically feasible than ever. Re-striction would help to prevent mainly unplanned impulsive suicide.

Reactions: Final Escape
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
What do we need? Massive efforts in suicide reduction? Or mass information of suicide methods?

Reactions: wilderj and Final Escape
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
What do we need? Massive efforts in suicide reduction? Or mass information of suicide methods?
Information on methods is what most on this site look for. You?
I had you on ignore, sorry Red. I knew there was a block button, but not ignore anyway. I am going blind and tend to miss a lot. Again my apologies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape
RedDEE

RedDEE

May 10, 2019

I'm talking about humanity as a whole. What does the world need? Suicide prevention, or suicide instructions?

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I'm talking about humanity as a whole. What does the world need? Suicide prevention, or suicide instructions?
I would think that would depend on whether or not one is suicidal. What bothers me is they have complete power over everything we do and there is nothing we can do about. That means democracy is dead.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Good4Nothing
I

inflammed123

Student
Sep 9, 2020
We need instructions, and easier access. Seems a crime against humanity to limit peoples choices to violent ends.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, wilderj, Spitfire and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
We need instructions, and easier access. Seems a crime against humanity to limit peoples choices to violent ends.
Yep. The WHO report expects an increase in hanging due to the difficulty they have created world wide getting necessary equipment to have a reasonably peaceful end. Best I could do with the link. It is titled Who.....suicide. Hope that can help at least those serious about following through on dying. /https://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/86/9/07-043489.pdf?ua=1

I

inflammed123

Student
Sep 9, 2020
Yep. The WHO report expects an increase in hanging due to the difficulty they have created world wide getting necessary equipment to have a reasonably peaceful end. Best I could do with the link. It is titled Who.....suicide. Hope that can help at least those serious about following through on dying. /https://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/86/9/07-043489.pdf?ua=1
"This analysis showed that PESTICIDE suicide and firearm suicide replaced traditional methods in many countries." -from the article. People using pesticides because governments took other means, that's terrible.

• Aww..
Reactions: littlelady774
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I am not on this site for the world. I am on here for me. You?
"This analysis showed that PESTICIDE suicide and firearm suicide replaced traditional methods in many countries." -from the article. People using pesticides because governments took other means, that's terrible.
Yep. They expect hanging to become the most popular way, although construed as a violent method, because there is not much else left for people to use. Explains why it is so difficult for so many to get SN, Metoclopramide, decent charcoal, lime sulphur, etc., etc.
Sick isn't it?

Last edited:
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
they need more people to work to death. how will they have any workers to exploit if they all kill themselves?

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

Aug 10, 2020
We no longer have any rights. Did you read it Vib.?
yeah, i just did. i could practically see them at their little table, discussing what else they can take away from us. it was never about getting people help. it's only about getting more sheep.

the thing is, though, we'll always find new methods. they'll just be more violent and painful than necessary.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and overcomingfear
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
We need to be heard, we need our suffering to be taken seriously and not just dismissed. We need access to the least painful and most peaceful methods currently available.

Reactions: Spitfire
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
yeah, i just did. i could practically see them at their little table, discussing what else they can take away from us. it was never about getting people help. it's only about getting more sheep.

the thing is, though, we'll always find new methods. they'll just be more violent and painful than necessary.
Actually they know that, and according to my interpretation that is what they want. Most people would rather go peacefully in sleep. The WHO apparently figures that people will be forced to think more/longer thus seek help, but they also stated there will be an increase in hangings.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

Aug 10, 2020
Actually they know that, and according to my interpretation that is what they want. Most people would rather go peacefully in sleep. The WHO apparently figures that people will be forced to think more/longer thus seek help, but they also stated there will be an increase in hangings.
i just wish they'd just give it up already.

"help" is just another word for "we're going to make you think the world isn't so bad, so you become another happy member of society".

the H in WHO makes me laugh. as jiddu krishnamurti said, "it is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society".

Reactions: Deleted member 1768
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I have to go with assisted suicide.
This is what we want.
To make assisted suicide as easy as getting a abortion or a boob job.
Imagine guys, this can be a international business.
On one place on the planet you can kill yourself at a decent prize legally.

But wait, there is more: you are assisted by professionals so you can choose to go however you want. Coke overdose, drawning in liquor, sexual overstimulation, glutton menu(eat till you belly bursts) or fight to the death.

I'm telling you, this sounds promising.
No offense to anybody here. It's a idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spitfire
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
The world consists of individuals, and it does not matter what the world needs. What difference would that make anyway? Everything dies eventually, so I do not fully understand what you mean.

RedDEE

RedDEE

May 10, 2019
The world consists of individuals, and it does not matter what the world needs. What difference would that make anyway? Everything dies eventually, so I do not fully understand what you mean.

Does the world need to live, or does the world need to die?

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Does the world need to live, or does the world need to die?
May I recommend reading some books on Zen? The world is...period...it just is. As for the world's need? I would think the answer would be dependent on who was asked. Unfortunately humans do not speak, dog, cat, bird, bee, moth, flower, tree, so we shall never know the consensus. I do not think our planet thinks though, and it would have to to have a need.

Reactions: RedDEE
RedDEE

RedDEE

May 10, 2019
May I recommend reading some books on Zen? The world is...period...it just is. As for the world's need? I would think the answer would be dependent on who was asked. Unfortunately humans do not speak, dog, cat, bird, bee, moth, flower, tree, so we shall never know the consensus. I do not think our planet thinks though, and it would have to to have a need.

I'm a Buddhist, I know Zen. The world just "is", but people are not like the world. People are crazy. Let me reframe my question.

Do people need to live, or do people need to die?

M

mmt

Sep 3, 2020
I am not on this site for the world. I am on here for me. You?

Yep. They expect hanging to become the most popular way, although construed as a violent method, because there is not much else left for people to use. Explains why it is so difficult for so many to get SN, Metoclopramide, decent charcoal, lime sulphur, etc., etc.

Sick isn't it?
Poof, could you please explain what you mean by decent charcoal? Have they done something to charcoal so it doesn't lead to as much CO?

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I'm a Buddhist, I know Zen. The world just "is", but people are not like the world. People are crazy. Let me reframe my question.

Do people need to live, or do people need to die?
Thank you. I was not sure how to explain is. I think most of my trouble is the word 'need'. That is a requirement of ego, and is singular. I can not answer for the planet/the world. Nor do I think anyone can. I do not see humans as being different from any other animal, and again need is personal. All natural things that exist have a function, but how you view their function is also personal. In short it is a question that can only be answered by acceptance. That means one accepts that life and death exist side-by-side, and balance comes to the earth by natural events. Volcanoes to clean the air. Earthquakes to fix unseen stressors, etc.

M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
There are probably a lot of people who are suicidal who don't "need" to be suicidal...as in they don't seek death but life for them has become unbearable. I think it would be good to try and prevent the "life becoming unbearable" part as part of a greater initiative, which sounds idealistic but I think many of the unbearable life stuff is a community problem in the end. It would be less keeping people from killing themselves and more removing the conditions that make people want to kill themselves.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Deleted member 1768
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
There are probably a lot of people who are suicidal who don't "need" to be suicidal...as in they don't seek death but life for them has become unbearable. I think it would be good to try and prevent the "life becoming unbearable" part as part of a greater initiative, which sounds idealistic but I think many of the unbearable life stuff is a community problem in the end. It would be less keeping people from killing themselves and more removing the conditions that make people want to kill themselves.
Completely agree Maple.