• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Most barbiturates are still legal/unregulated in some (many?) countries.
What happened with all the Chinese suppliers fro 6 years back, is it still possible to approach a Chinese chemical company for n
Google is your friend?

It's bc of safety concerns mainly related to accidental overdose rates vs benzos, which from a medical standpoint accomplish the same thing for regular use.
True, the barrier between therapeutic and fatal was very slim.

Last edited:
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
What happened with all the Chinese suppliers fro 6 years back, is it still possible to approach a Chinese chemical company for n
...why would you ask me? I am from Europe, not China.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Yeah so was cocaine and heroin, the non-addictive alternative to morphine, in the first party of the 20th century. You answered your own question why barbiturates were replaced by benzos.

Drugs should be decriminalized, but the ship has long, long sailed on barbs over the counter. It's never coming back.

justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
Depends on the country, In thailand you can buy Xanax and many other stuff over the country and they have to history of people misusing them, same as Amsterdam. Most things are legal and barely you see a drug addict. So that's would be a great idea actually.
Those aren't barbiturates though. Those are benzodiazepines.

They were phased out because people were dropping like flies. They're highly addictive with nasty withdrawal and kill you very easily. Benzodiazepines are the replacement. Just because to don't SEE the drug addicts doesn't mean they aren't there. Drugs are a HUGE problem in Thailand and are rampant.

Benzos should absolutely not be OTC. They have brutal withdrawal that can kill you after making you feel like you want to die. Vomiting, diarrhea, body pain, seizures, etc. Just about every awful symptom possible at once times 3999995457.

Last edited:
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018

They became illegal because people were dropping like flies. They're highly addictive with nasty withdrawal and kill you very easily. Benzodiazepines are the replacement. Just because to don't SEE the drug addicts doesn't mean they aren't there. Drugs are a HUGE problem in Thailand and are rampant.
I was able to get phenobarbital and one place thiopental in India but stupid me didn't know about secobarbital being available. I thought any barbiturates will do.

On a side note how does codeine overdose work. I know they are mixed with paracetamol and caffeine these days but users use cold water extraction with coffee filters papers to extract pure codeine. I want to know if codeine can be used like darvon before darvon got banned.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020

They were phased out because people were dropping like flies. They're highly addictive with nasty withdrawal and kill you very easily. Benzodiazepines are the replacement. Just because to don't SEE the drug addicts doesn't mean they aren't there. Drugs are a HUGE problem in Thailand and are rampant.

Benzos should absolutely not be OTC. They have brutal withdrawal that can kill you after making you feel like you want to die. Vomiting, diarrhea, body pain, seizures, etc. Just about every awful symptom possible at once times 3999995457.
I rather see people taking clean pharmacy products than street drugs anyway. With all respect to your opinion.

Reactions: Skathon
justpeachy

justpeachy

Sep 6, 2020
I rather see people taking clean pharmacy products than street drugs anyway. With all respect to your opinion.
.... You realize they will just end up dead regardless? The opiate issue is the US has shown us that. Pills were huge prior to heroin and fent. Being a pill addict is no safer. People overdose just as easily. I'm in recovery after 15 years of pill then heroin and fent addiction. Drugs should be decriminalized but not just passed out like candy to breed new addicts. So many families have lost people to overdose, why would you ever want to make it easier to get their drug of choice? There's things like harm reduction that are great (free needles, places to safely use in case of OD, free narcan) but just giving it drugs OTC isn't the solution. Thailand is hardly a country you ever want to compare to....

I can also assure you as an addict at a certain point no addict gives two shits about the cleanest drug. They want the strongest and cheapest and that is not coming from a pharmacy. The people that would suffer are young adults who experiment and can buy it OTC so they do with no tolerance and OD.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
.... You realize they will just end up dead regardless? The opiate issue is the US has shown us that. Pills were huge prior to heroin and fent. Being a pill addict is no safer. People overdose just as easily. I'm in recovery after 15 years of pill then heroin and fent addiction. Drugs should be decriminalized but not just passed out like candy to breed new addicts. So many families have lost people to overdose, why would you ever want to make it easier to get their drug of choice? There's things like harm reduction that are great (free needles, places to safely use in case of OD, free narcan) but just giving it drugs OTC isn't the solution. Thailand is hardly a country you ever want to compare to....
Like I said, I respect your opinion.

justpeachy

justpeachy

Sep 6, 2020
I was able to get phenobarbital and one place thiopental in India but stupid me didn't know about secobarbital being available. I thought any barbiturates will do.

On a side note how does codeine overdose work. I know they are mixed with paracetamol and caffeine these days but users use cold water extraction with coffee filters papers to extract pure codeine. I want to know if codeine can be used like darvon before darvon got banned.
It would be really difficult to OD on codeine. It's incredibly weak. I wouldn't say impossible but not worth it imo. You would likely vomit from the amount you would need.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
The long story short on anything that would enable suicide: The people who run your civilization throughout history have always wanted to control and milk you for their own benefit. Look at religion - most of them are thousands of years old and discourage suicide. Less people means less profit for them. So the elite are always gonna regulate these substances