• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe people are sick of politics. Maybe it is the culture which is simply toxic. Maybe some people just spam over an over mainstream talking points which can easily be found in the media? ;)
Or the world is just in crisis mode. People are already fed up by the news. Always negativity (doom-scrolling phenomena), inflation, war etc.

Moreover this is a suicide forum. Many vulnerable people are here who probably don't need more arguments in their life.

Maybe this sub-forum was never really alive in the first place. But I think there was more traffic in the past.

What is your theory on it?

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I do not read a newspaper or watch tv news channels since two years. My wife from time to time gives me some "important" piece of information. Overall I do not care much about COVID, war, elections. I used to like philosophical discussions but I also do not feel that much motivated anymore. Sure let's talk about god and religion...
personally i dont partake because either is nothing more then an opinion. why share my opinion just to basically be told im wrong?
Some people use to like the games and the arguments... I used to be that kind of person. This tendency to always want the last word did not do me any good, and I am still repeating the same mistakes these days both on line and IRL. I feel like a train that cannot be stopped.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Probably because basically everyone who joins this website joins it for methods and/or suicide related discussions. I do think that most of the users just want to learn about ways to die and then just leave, they don't have the energy or interest to discuss things like politics. It's a suicide forum after all and it makes sense that there would only be small amounts of people who have an interest in discussing other things. I personally know nothing about politics, and I'm not interested in the news and stuff like that. I'm focused on the suffering in my own life and I come on here to read about suicide.

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
I'm sick of politics and see no future in current scheme of everything. I'm only interested in philosophy of suicide, though I regard myself not really a thinker, my opinion only matter to myself, just a layman loving what I want to love -Legal Options of Voluntary Euthanasia.

Harari on one of his article wrote "Death Is Optional" but in a sense of bio-hi-technology of immortality which deemed by the big boy billionaires who want to live forever. This technical bullshit is being fed up to the society, not in a sense that people can choose to die in painless and peaceful manner.

So yeah, seems to me we're lacking in philosophy (or living philosophers) in harmony with the nature of life and death.

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Maybe people are sick of politics. Maybe it is the culture which is simply toxic. Maybe some people just spam over an over mainstream talking points which can easily be found in the media? ;)
Or the world is just in crisis mode. People are already fed up by the news. Always negativity (doom-scrolling phenomena), inflation, war etc.

Moreover this is a suicide forum. Many vulnerable people are here who probably don't need more arguments in their life.

Maybe this sub-forum was never really alive in the first place. But I think there was more traffic in the past.

What is your theory on it?
To be fair, the entire site looks not so active to me and, since this is not a main subforum, it's expected to be even less active.

personally i dont partake because either is nothing more then an opinion. why share my opinion just to basically be told im wrong?
We are all wrong in the end and discussing helps us become less wrong together.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
This forum is only truly active in one regard, and we all know what regard is that. It's not a massive surprise that this subforum didn't flourish.

Reactions: newave3
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I'd guess it's because the number of people who want to use this forum to talk politics and philosophy isn't as high as was anticipated, it just appeared there was a larger appetite for it because a small handful of posters were routinely dumping their politics into various threads.

novem

novem

Experienced
May 9, 2022
Because if you are banished for a wrong opinion here it would affect your death.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'd guess it's because the number of people who want to use this forum to talk politics and philosophy isn't as high as was anticipated, it just appeared there was a larger appetite for it because a small handful of posters were routinely dumping their politics into various threads.

Hit the nail on the head here.

Reactions: hungry_ghost
DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
I think it definitely has to do with the fact that this tag has been turned into its own subforum, where people have to explicitly go, instead of the posts being in the general off-topic forum.
I think that's quite sad.

Reactions: katagiri83
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I guess I could liven it up by starting thread after thread about how much I hate the left. You know, topics like massive illegal immigration, radical feminism, racial quotas in every facet of life, gender affirming surgery and drag queen shows for children, covid mandates,etc, etc. It's too much work. I'm not going to change any of your minds and you sure as hell ain't going to change mine.

• Love
Reactions: Maudlin
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Love how frequently people say they hate "the left" as an umbrella term before going on to describe "the left" as being the foreigners, the women, the blacks and the transgender.

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Actually, they consist mainly of the woke whiteys like you.

Reactions: Maudlin
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Actually, they consist mainly of the woke whiteys like you.
Again, would love to know what people mean by "woke" when they wield it, it's become a catch-all umbrella which is used as a pejorative to describe those who don't share the individual bigotries of its user.

Reactions: affinity
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Again, would love to know what people mean by "woke" when they wield it, it's become a catch-all umbrella which is used as a pejorative to describe those who don't share the individual bigotries of its user.
I wish I could be as virtuous as you. You're such a fine person, pure in thought and deeds, free of any prejudices.
Tell me, do you walk on water?

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I wish I could be as virtuous as you. You're such a fine person, pure in thought and deeds, free of any prejudices.
Tell me, do you walk on water?
You've confused *not holding the belief that people should hold fewer rights and privileges based purely on their demographic* with *being the second coming of the actual messiah*

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
There is massive government imposed and corporate sponsored discrimination against the straight, white, heterosexual, Christian male here in the US.
What do you feel is being systematically taken from you and given to others?

(btw 'straight' and 'heterosexual' are the same thing, are heterosexuals being deprived of rights? Which ones?)

Reactions: Gloom
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Yes, I saw that I said the same thing twice, but I didn't feel like changing it.
It's not really myself who feels discriminated against, since I am more or less a recluse and refuse to participate in this backwards society.
It's family and friends, who despite having impeccable education and work history credentials struggle to find employment. They have seen less qualified "minorities" ( a joke of a word) get hired and in some instances promoted over them.
We will never come to a consensus on anything myself and you. We are from completely different worlds and upbringings.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
We will never come to a consensus on anything myself and you. We are from completely different worlds and upbringings.
You're probably right regarding a consensus, l accept this, but you don't know anything about my upbringing.

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
This is true. We are complete strangers and I made an uninformed assumption.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chinaski
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I guess I could liven it up by starting thread after thread about how much I hate the left. You know, topics like massive illegal immigration, radical feminism, racial quotas in every facet of life, gender affirming surgery and drag queen shows for children, covid mandates,etc, etc. It's too much work. I'm not going to change any of your minds and you sure as hell ain't going to change mine.
Why start thread after thread about what you hate instead of talking about your political ideas, which are unclear as you speak?

And are you sure hate is the best reaction to something you dislike?