• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
This is what I think.

It is a little bit complicated to know what is needed and how to correctly set it up, and it may be somewhat expensive for some people.

I think also a lot of people know there are major risks involved if inert gas method was to fail.

Full recovery from severe anoxic or hypoxic brain injury is rare.

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
This is what I think.

It is a little bit complicated to know what is needed and how to correctly set it up, and it may be somewhat expensive for some people.

I think also a lot of people know there are major risks involved if inert gas method was to fail.

Full recovery from severe anoxic or hypoxic brain injury is rare.
What do you think is an easy and painless method?

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
I will go out on a limb and say none of them are easy. Painless would include the nitrogen method though.
Do you think pentobarbital is possible to obtain still these days but its difficult? I live in the US

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Do you think pentobarbital is possible to obtain still these days but its difficult? I live in the US

No idea? I honestly never looked into obtaining it, and would not even know the first steps one needs to take?

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I've mentioned it on this site before, but I do not feel like talking about it right now.

It is a very dangerous method.

Reactions: EraseRewind
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Nitrogen has continually been discussed, and in some detail, but Sanctioned Suicide is inherently a revolving door membership.

Here's the discussion about it in late August and early September which first brought my attention to this site in the course of my research, with the key contributions by a truly great and now departed member of this site, along with his own reasons for choosing not to use that method for himself:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/inert-gas-method-and-pain.46853/

bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
I do find it curious that this method is so rarely employed, given that it's painless and supposedly kills you very quickly. All suicide methods come with the risk of brain damage.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Nitrogen has continually been discussed, and in some detail, but Sanctioned Suicide is inherently a revolving door membership.

Here's the discussion about it in late August and early September which first brought my attention to this site in the course of my research, with the key contributions by a truly great and now departed member of this site, along with his own reasons for choosing not to use that method for himself:

It is important to clarify that @LetzteAusfahrt chose not to use the inert gas method for completely personal reasons, and not because of the method itself. In fact, his scuba mask method is among the most effective CBT methods available, literally a couple of breaths and you are out!. (Mind you, you must keep the mask on throughout.)
You probably would have to search the dark web for this stuff. Be prepared to pay top dollar for this stuff.

Last edited:
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
It is important to clarify that @LetzteAusfahrt chose not to use the inert gas method for completely personal reasons, and not because of the method itself. In fact, his scuba mask method is among the most effective CBT methods available, literally a couple of breaths and you are out!. (Mind you, you must keep the mask on throughout.)

Indeed, it must be emphasized that the entire four page thread of this outstanding conversation should be read.

Thank you for gracing this thread with your highly esteemed and respected presence and participation. I humbly defer to you on matters concerning the nitrogen exit method, and rely on posters such as yourself for clarification and the correction of any errors I may be guilty of presenting.

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Indeed, it must be emphasized that the entire four page thread of this outstanding conversation should be read.

Thank you for gracing this thread with your highly esteemed and respected presence and participation. I humbly defer to you on matters concerning the nitrogen exit method, and rely on posters such as yourself for clarification and the correction of any errors I may be guilty of presenting.
You are too kind my friend!

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020

You probably would have to search the dark web for this stuff. Be prepared to pay top dollar for this stuff.
But why didn't he use that method at the end and used SN instead?

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020

Where can I read the four page thread?

What do you mean by SS being a revolving door membership?

• Love
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020

I supplied the link for you to click on above in post #9.

Simply the fact that posters often are only here for a brief while before they "catch the bus," to be replaced continually by new posters who have no idea or context about what was here before they arrived (discussions about nitrogen as a CTB method being among them, as no long time poster would likely created this thread - if you had arrived here over a year ago, for example).

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
But why didn't he use that method at the end and used SN instead?
It was really a personal choice for him. When I contacted him about that, he expressed the need to feel the pain and/or agony of dying. I think for him death needed to be experienced like life.

People come seeking knowledge and leave when they pass.

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
I supplied the link for you to click on above in post #9.

Simply the fact that posters often are only here for a brief while before they "catch the bus," to be replaced continually by new posters who have no idea or context about what was here before they arrived (discussions about nitrogen as a CTB method being among them, as no long time poster would likely created this thread - if you had arrived here over a year ago, for example).
Are old posts automatically deleted when the user is no longer active?

• Hugs
B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
I think the reason why assited suicide organizations are choosing n. -pentobarbital over inert gas is that it isn't such a dignified method to die with a bag over the head, especially if their wife's/ husbands or other family members are with them in the room. The physicians in the rooms can better see what is going on with the dying person and so on.

• Hugs
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
I think the reason why assited suicide organizations are choosing n. -pentobarbital over inert gas is that it isn't such a dignified method to die with a bag over the head, especially if their wife's/ husbands or other family members are with them in the room. The physicians in the rooms can better see what is going on with the dying person and so on.
But why aren't they using it on animals Instead of butchering them in slaugterhouses? Or for euthanasia for pets?
But why aren't they using it on animals Instead of butchering them in slaugterhouses? Or for euthanasia for pets?
A
also wouldnt a debreather work?

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Well, first is practicality. Putting masks on animals would be a real chore. And filling an enclosed space -- however small -- with nitrogen gas can get expensive over time. Lastly, if the method goes mainstream, the general public would be aware of it and may make use of it as the main path to CBT. The powers to be (think government) want us to be as ignorant as possible on this subject matter.

A

Oddly enough, almost all countries subscribe to the notion that people have the right to live, but not necessarily the right to die.
Well, first is practicality. Putting masks on animals would be a real chore. And filling enclosed space -- however small -- with nitrogen gas can get expensive over time. Lastly, if the method goes mainstream, the general public would be aware of it and may make use of it as the main path to CBT. The powers to be (think government) want us to be as ignorant as possible on this subject matter.

Oddly enough, almost all countries subscribe to the notion that people have the right to live, but not necessarily the right to die.
The debreather is a product collaboration with Dr. Philip Nitschke. It is currently in its second reincarnation to the marketplace. It uses soda lime to "scrub" exhaled gases of CO2 and leave only N2. Soda-lime though not expensive is very caustic and would introduce another occupational hazard to the abattoir.

Last edited:
B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020

A

Do you mean pentobar. or nitrogen?

- They are using gas in the meat industry which is unfortunately CO2 - a very agonizing experience for the animal. Pure helium or nitrogen would be to expensive for them if they want to keep those low meat prices.

- pentobarbital is being used on animals.why inert gas isn't I cant tell but I think it is a question of practicality.

But please don't compare euthanasia to self chosen death - it is a difference like black and white.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
As someone said (excuse my brain not working), nitrogen is too technical a method for me. I also think my SI would pull the mask off.

My method will be CO plus a second method to ensure it works

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Do you mean pentobar. or nitrogen?

- They are using gas in the meat industry which is unfortunately CO2 - a very agonizing experience for the animal. Pure helium or nitrogen would be to expensive for them if they want to keep those low meat prices.

- pentobarbital is being used on animals.why inert gas isn't I cant tell but I think it is a question of practicality.

But please don't compare euthanasia to self chosen death - it is a difference like black and white.
No I mean euthanasia of humans. If I had the choice for pentobarbital, I would definitely take it but I guess everyone is different. Sorry if anything I said offended you, wasn't my intention at all
W
As someone said (excuse my brain not working), nitrogen is too technical a method for me. I also think my SI would pull the mask off.

My method will be CO plus a second method to ensure it works
What is CO? Isnt it painful?
Well, first is practicality. Putting masks on animals would be a real chore. And filling an enclosed space -- however small -- with nitrogen gas can get expensive over time. Lastly, if the method goes mainstream, the general public would be aware of it and may make use of it as the main path to CBT. The powers to be (think government) want us to be as ignorant as possible on this subject matter.

The debreather is a product collaboration with Dr. Philip Nitschke. It is currently in its second reincarnation to the marketplace. It uses soda lime to "scrub" exhaled gases of CO2 and leave only N2. Soda-lime though not expensive is very caustic and would introduce another occupational hazard to the abattoir.
I feel like I don't trust philip nitschke anymore, heard bad stuff about him. Can the debreather be purchased from him these days? Wouldnt the soda-lime be sealed in a way so that people dont harm themselves while using the debreather? Also can it be shipped to the US?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
No I mean euthanasia of humans. If I had the choice for pentobarbital, I would definitely take it but I guess everyone is different. Sorry if anything I said offended you, wasn't my intention at all
W

What is CO? Isnt it painful?

I feel like I don't trust philip nitschke anymore, heard bad stuff about him. Can the debreather be purchased from him these days? Wouldnt the soda-lime be sealed in a way so that people dont harm themselves while using the debreather? Also can it be shipped to the US?
I really do not have an update about the debreather. The soda-lime is encased in plastic containers. Please note that is not yet a commercially proven product. I do not want to throw cold water on it, but I have yet heard of a documented case of its effectiveness. Dr. Nitschke has a tendency of throwing products to the wall and seeing what sticks. Another one of his developments is the Sarco. Go figure!

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie