• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
I mentioned that I thought it possibly made my agoraphobia worse but also I seemed to develop a fear of driving after the Nitrogen attempt but I was told to just do some therapy around the issue and I'd be fine. Plus I'd just gotten out of a really traumatic situation that could have caused my fears. But I thought I may have hurt my brain and had to read aloud for a while to get my confidence back. People say I ought to read for the radio but for a little while my reading was slower. Scared me.

wannagohome

wannagohome

Jan 6, 2021
Just some thoughts from my side regarding the failed attempt of makingsure4 as I did some extensive tests the last 2 weeks learning a lot (after i learned a lot from the community here before).
The only thing maybe I didn't do well enough was let the whole bag fill up with nitrogen first. Before pulling down.
I do not belive this was an issue as you wrote later you passed out after 30 to 45 sec so the starting point was good.

It may have been leaking before.
Very well possible - happened to me also. The valve at the canister must be 100% closed (needs some force) not to loose some gase over the time (days)
Could smell something and got a headache after assembling it
During my tests i never smelled anything (Purity 4.6 = 99.996%). And i spent about 400 liters for testing. If you smelled something the gas was not pure maybe? Also it should not cause headache as the air we breathe is already 80% Nitrogen. Doesn't make a difference if it's 81%. Again: Purity?
Though it still said 100 % full on the gauge.
Depends on the original pressure of the cylinder. If it was filled to 2000 psi it was full. If it was a 200bar cylinder the display should have been at 2900 psi to indicate that it was full

I also if I ever did it again would make sure the neck bag was tighter because your head falls back making it more open.
Discovered the same issue here and put a pillow behind my head to solve this.
Recovery...it may or may not have made my agoraphobia worse. Not sure. People die and come back to life having had no oxygen to their brain for a while
I'm happy that you are back with almost no consequences.

Max dog brewing co. is where ppeh says to get your regulator valves from. If you look at the brewing co. pics online 2000 is in green meaning full.
Did you use mds regulator or a different one?
I tested some regulators/flow controls by collecting the Nitrogen in a balloon and calculating the actually flown amout (during 15sec) out of the circumfence of the balloon. Not 100% correct but the results were clear. escmode did hit the target perfectly as well as an industrial one with a flowmeter calibrated for nitrogen (range 0-16 lpm). Another industrial one with flowmeter calibrated for Argon did clearly overfill the balloon by more than 30%. See also Greenbergs blogspot where he has a conversion table. Not knowing this will empty you gas tank 30% faster than expected. But 80 cf=2160 l should have been more than enough (it the tank was full). As i do not have the mdb reulator i do not know it's actual flow rate.
Cyber weld is where they said to get the 80 cf tank from but their designs on 80 changed and looks like it wouldn't fit the valve. So other places to get the tank might be better.
Did you use the mdb regulator ? In the pph it's described to tie the regulators connector (screw nut) to the valve of the tank only with your hands. But this depends to the local (international) version of the connector. If it's the O-ring version thats correct if you have some strength in your hand. For other countries/connectors a wrench is definitly required (and again some strengh). Maybe some gas was lost at this point.

Regarding tubing : mdb and escmode regulators both have the same type of hose barbs for medical oxygen tubing. Did you use this kind of tubing or a PVC one.?

After all a lot of "might' and "maybe". Only makingsure4 can review his equipment by himself.
Just re-read ppeh: They recommend a cyberweld 20cf cylinder (also linking to one) specified with CGA 580 valve
80cf would be quite heavy and quite big

Last edited:
M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Just some thoughts from my side regarding the failed attempt of makingsure4 as I did some extensive tests the last 2 weeks learning a lot (after i learned a lot from the community here before).

I do not belive this was an issue as you wrote later you passed out after 30 to 45 sec so the starting point was good.

Very well possible - happened to me also. The valve at the canister must be 100% closed (needs some force) not to loose some gase over the time (days)

During my tests i never smelled anything (Purity 4.6 = 99.996%). And i spent about 400 liters for testing. If you smelled something the gas was not pure maybe? Also it should not cause headache as the air we breathe is already 80% Nitrogen. Doesn't make a difference if it's 81%. Again: Purity?

Depends on the original pressure of the cylinder. If it was filled to 2000 psi it was full. If it was a 200bar cylinder the display should have been at 2900 psi to indicate that it was full

Discovered the same issue here and put a pillow behind my head to solve this.

I'm happy that you are back with almost no consequences.

Did you use mds regulator or a different one?
I tested some regulators/flow controls by collecting the Nitrogen in a balloon and calculating the actually flown amout (during 15sec) out of the circumfence of the balloon. Not 100% correct but the results were clear. escmode did hit the target perfectly as well as an industrial one with a flowmeter calibrated for nitrogen (range 0-16 lpm). Another industrial one with flowmeter calibrated for Argon did clearly overfill the balloon by more than 30%. See also Greenbergs blogspot where he has a conversion table. Not knowing this will empty you gas tank 30% faster than expected. But 80 cf=2160 l should have been more than enough (it the tank was full). As i do not have the mdb reulator i do not know it's actual flow rate.

Did you use the mdb regulator ? In the pph it's described to tie the regulators connector (screw nut) to the valve of the tank only with your hands. But this depends to the local (international) version of the connector. If it's the O-ring version thats correct if you have some strength in your hand. For other countries/connectors a wrench is definitly required (and again some strengh). Maybe some gas was lost at this point.

Regarding tubing : mdb and escmode regulators both have the same type of hose barbs for medical oxygen tubing. Did you use this kind of tubing or a PVC one.?

After all a lot of "might' and "maybe". Only makingsure4 can review his equipment by himself.
The tubing came with the md regulator and it was perfect. Kind of like oxygen tubing. Sticks right on the nub. Taped it inside the bag. I put the regulator on 15 like they said. Possibly it flowed out too quickly. They say now on the md websight to only use with a 20. I do not remember that requirement being there before. I ordered the US regulator but it crossed my mind maybe they sent me a different one. I ended up having ordered two 80 nitrogen tanks. The first one I put the regulator on and tested that it was full and then closed it again and just left the regulator on for months in my closet. I thought did that wear it out? I moved and had to toss the cylinder and just bring the regulator so got the second 80 at new place. Last spring got just the tank out of my closet set the whole thing up a few hours before attempt. Smelled something but I smell like everything it seems. Headache was probably just from stress. I thought I stored the regulator properly but now probably would have left it in its faux velvet box. Really I think the first tank I set up felt better to me even though I checked the valves over and over on the second one. Fairly strong so no tools needed. Maybe the md regulator just doesn't go with an 80. I don't know why. And/Or maybe mine got damaged.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Waxeye6661

Waxeye6661

May 30, 2023
I personally do not have a problem with him making a profit from his sales; it is the fact that he markets his regulators as true nitrogen regulators which in fact they are not, thereby intentionally misleading the public. As a medical doctor, you would presume that he would have the decency not to deceive.
MDB not selling regs overseas anymore, strictly in Australia, maybe was me asking too many questions.

Attachments

• madashe.JPG
    madashe.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 0