• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

ali.hamza

Feb 19, 2024
We are all like-minded people from a certain perspective. We're all suffered and depressed. We all want to escape from this life after all. We're like a family who understand each others sorrows. Then, why do we present ourselves anonymously?

Last edited:
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
the majority of users are scared some1 they know might see them on here, or it's just a personal preference.

for me, i have no reason to blur/hide my face, but i do somewhat like the anonymity aspect. eventually it'll bore me, but even then idk if i'd show my face on here. i go back & forth btwn it every day, lol. even when i had reddit, my pfp was me. maybe 1 day i'll just flip a coin to decide🧸

Last edited:
A

ali.hamza

Feb 19, 2024
the majority of users on here are scared some1 they know might see them on here, or it's just a personal preference.

for me, i have no reason to blur/hide my face, but i do somewhat like the anonymity aspect. eventually it'll bore me, but even then idk if i'd show my face on here. i go back & forth btwn it every day, lol. even when i had reddit, my pfp was me. maybe 1 day i'll just flip a coin to decide🧸
I've never used my own picture on any social media platform. I'm very shy. I'm very reluctant to take my pictures and even sometimes it's hard for me to see myself in the mirror but sometimes my friends insist to capture a photo of mine.
I don't know why, I want to use my own picture on my profile here before I CTB (in probably 2 years from now). I'm happy to be here with like-minded people and where I can talk about everything I want to which I cannot do with the people around me.

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
I don't know why, I want to use my own picture on my profile here before I CTB (in probably 2 years from now). I'm happy to be here with like-minded people and where I can talk about everything I want to which I cannot do with the people around me.
well if u want to make it u, you def should!! :) there are 3 users i've seen on here that show their full face, so it won't be just u, if that's what's deterring u from doing so. i think that's a beautiful reason to want to show yourself<3

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Because there's still plenty of bad actors on this site, they just tend to be the ones lurking and not engaging all that much and when they do it's usually with some ulterior motive like scamming.

Also on the off chance someone might recognize me, there's no way I'm going to make it that easy for them.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
There was a picture thread a few years ago when the site was less known but I can't find it anymore so I assume it was deleted for safety/privacy reasons.

Reactions: ali.hamza
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Because anonymity is safer and allows for more privacy. It's basically for online safety purposes. I'm adamant about my safety, I never post any photos of myself on social media or use my real name, I never saw a need to, and I value my privacy deeply. The closest thing to a picture of myself that I've posted is mirror selfies that would obscure my face. I consider myself to be good-looking but idk I never saw a reason to post photos of myself. There are like no photos of me on the internet either. My pfp on here isn't me, it's a celebrity…

Last edited:
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
It is dangerous, a lot of ppl are targeting us, we can't risk getting doxxed here. People will and have done that to members here before.

MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
Doesn't help anything if people know your identity. Only hurts. There are 8 billion people on this planet. If even 1% want to hurt you (just because - something to do, etc.) then you have MILLIONS after you. Good luck. Best to protect yourself.

kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
constantly paranoid people I know will find me it's a bit problemmmm, had some more of my art posted but got too scared so deleted đź’€ I just am worried they would think I'm a monster or awful for being on here

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't really see why I shouldn't be anonymous. For one, pro lifers on other social media tend to dox users and I don't want to get doxxed myself. Also, it wouldn't make a difference if users here knew me personally compared to if they don't know me

A

ali.hamza

Feb 19, 2024
Because there's still plenty of bad actors on this site, they just tend to be the ones lurking and not engaging all that much and when they do it's usually with some ulterior motive like scamming.

Also on the off chance someone might recognize me, there's no way I'm going to make it that easy for them.
Everyone has its own issues regarding their privacy and everyone should be careful about it. But I think I don't have any privacy issue because I think the people around me cannot reach this forum.
There was a picture thread a few years ago when the site was less known but I can't find it anymore so I assume it was deleted for safety/privacy reasons.
I think we don't have any solid reason to consider to agree with it.
Because anonymity is safer and allows for more privacy. It's basically for online safety purposes. I'm adamant about my safety, I never post any photos of myself on social media or use my real name, I never saw a need to, and I value my privacy deeply. The closest thing to a picture of myself that I've posted is mirror selfies that would obscure my face. I consider myself to be good-looking but idk I never saw a reason to post photos of myself. There are like no photos of me on the internet either. My pfp on here isn't me, it's a celebrity…
Well, it's pretty good idea to not show off yourself. A wise person will always do that.
It is dangerous, a lot of ppl are targeting us, we can't risk getting doxxed here. People will and have done that to members here before.
I think you're right.
Doesn't help anything if people know your identity. Only hurts. There are 8 billion people on this planet. If even 1% want to hurt you (just because - something to do, etc.) then you have MILLIONS after you. Good luck. Best to protect yourself.
I agree with it.
I don't really see why I shouldn't be anonymous. For one, pro lifers on other social media tend to dox users and I don't want to get doxxed myself. Also, it wouldn't make a difference if users here knew me personally compared to if they don't know me
You're right.

Last edited: