• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
why do people put up with suffering that lasts for a long period when they could just end it within 15 minutes in a very painful way like hanging oneself or drowning oneself within 5 minutes?

it's not the lesser of two evils because you put up with more pain in the long run even if it's just mild pain then actually inflict huge amounts of pain in the short term by killing oneself

is it just because the pain of suffering is lesser than the pain of killing yourself
so to kill oneself one must be in more pain than is otherwise caused by the act of killing yourself

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Personally, I'm putting up with suffering because ctb isn't guaranteed unless you do something like VAD or MAiD. There's always a risk involved even if your method is said to be 99% successful. You could always fail and be left with permanent damage. Murphy's Law applies to this world. "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."

Last edited:
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
they are just afraid of death. like if so many suicidal people here on ss are afraid of death, imagine how normies must feel

or they could also have a lot of copium, "everything will get better" and blah blah..

Last edited:
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
why do people put up with suffering that lasts for a long period when they could just end it within 15 minutes in a very painful way like hanging oneself or drowning oneself within 5 minutes?

it's not the lesser of two evils because you put up with more pain in the long run even if it's just mild pain then actually inflict huge amounts of pain in the short term by killing oneself

is it just because the pain of suffering is lesser than the pain of killing yourself
so to kill oneself one must be in more pain than is otherwise caused by the act of killing yourself
Yes pain must outweigh your survival instinct. I have severe daily pain from a surgery that left me with severe nerve damage and thereafter unexpected body dysmorphia. I have accumulated so much pain in the matter of one year I thought absolutely inconceivable.
I failed my suicide attempt of asphyxia bc I was found. I'm still kind of upset about it but less than I used to be. I think that's the only way it will happen though. Physical & emotional turmoil.

I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
For me personally, because i know if i CTB, that might end my suffering, but it will cause my parents to suffer greatly for the rest of their lives.

And as others have mentioned, there's a risk of failure and being worse off. Also, it is quite scary to attempt to take your life in my opinion

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I don't understand people who act like suicide is so easy for absolutely everyone, what I'd fear is trying to die going wrong and leading to way worse suffering. Drowning and hanging sound like such risky methods to me, I've read of people ending up with brain damage from a hanging attempt failing. I really wish there's the option to just peacefully and permanently free myself from this existence without any risks involved, it's hellish how humans purposely make suicide so inaccessible.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Only thing stopping me for now is risk of failure and remaining alive worse off

I don't fear Death . I want my Death more than anything. After death is non-existence forever which to me is the best thing by far..

They made assisted suicide and nembutal crimes to take away our right to escape extreme pain and torture and suffering. They turned this evil world into a prison where you cannot escape. They locked the door and threw away the keys

Diy suicide methods are risky.

I guess most humans fear Death i don't

Last edited:
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
I don't understand people who act like suicide is so easy for absolutely everyone, what I'd fear is trying to die going wrong and leading to way worse suffering. Drowning and hanging sound like such risky methods to me, I've read of people ending up with brain damage from a hanging attempt failing. I really wish there's the option to just peacefully and permanently free myself from this existence without any risks involved, it's hellish how humans purposely make suicide so inaccessible.
A bottle of Valium and half a bottle of whisky and panty hose around your neck. I promise you won't fail. It will be uncomfortable though.
Also not trying to be an asshole or anything I'm not saying it's easy. Just….it is possible and if you focus so much on the pain part it makes it harder. Like mentioned earlier one has to be in a lot of pain.

Last edited:
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023

I think you might be right.. I do admire they're courage though but like you said it's probably not such a difficult choice since the pain they must struggle with everyday outweighs the pain on the ctb.

Reactions: Darkover
M

mintgreendolphin

Nov 14, 2023
I guess, I just don't want pain to be the last thing I feel? With the method that I wanted to go with (gun) and the method I'm currently looking into (jumping), you'll be out before your brain can register what has happened (fingers crossed).

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkover
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Logically, yes, 15 minutes of awful pain is far better than an entire life full of mild pain (in comparison to the extreme pain caused by a risky suicide attempt) but there are more issues as to why we don't just endure the suicide method instead. Firstly, it isn't even guaranteed to die and there are ways in which it can get wrong. I'm not sure about the exact statistics regarding suicide but I'm sure that out of those who attempt, those who succeed are significantly less and for good reason too. The idea of failing the suicide method is scary and can happen. We've already had the misfortune to suffer to where we have to be on this site so what's to say we won't be cursed with even more misfortune by failing a suicide attempt? Also, in my case, I have way too much executive dysfunction for a suicide attempt which only increases my chances for failing

Raindancer

Raindancer

Experienced
Nov 4, 2023
One of the biggest life lessons I have learned is that it always can be worse. The last thing I could want or handle would be to attempt and end up worse off. That terrifies me.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023

Suicidal people don't want to die, they just don't want to continue suffering.

Buddha teaches that all life is suffering, in one form or another.

You sacrifice 8 hours a day to work so that you can relax/play/whatever afterwards.

Only you can decide if your life is worth the suffering.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Suicidal people don't want to die, they just don't want to continue suffering.

Buddha teaches that all life is suffering, in one form or another.

You sacrifice 8 hours a day to work so that you can relax/play/whatever afterwards.

Only you can decide if your life is worth the suffering.
What's the point of being born then if life is suffering?

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Because CTB just feels uncomfortable, or even scary to some people. So it always becomes a "I guess it doesn't make a big difference if I just delay CTB until next week or month"

And then this cycle keeps repeating, until it becomes a habit. And before you know it, years or decades have already passed, and we're still stuck here

I always think to myself, if I just jump in the river, stay in there for like 1-2 minutes maximum, everything will finally be over in a few quick minutes. But if I don't do it, it will be decades more of this bullshit. And yet I still haven't had the courage to make that jump

Life is damn complicated. The best is just to never have been born, to save all this pointless headache

Q

qsocdu

Oct 9, 2022
One of the biggest life lessons I have learned is that it always can be worse. The last thing I could want or handle would be to attempt and end up worse off. That terrifies me.
No shit, recently a guy I know jumped from his building in a impulsive bad day, dude survived and is all messed up. It just made everything worse for him and his family.

fantastic_unicorn

fantastic_unicorn

Mar 23, 2024
People put up with suffering for the simple reason that suicide is inaccessible.
Yes. I would have ctb'ed months ago if it wasn't so inaccessible after extreme and traumatizing torturous physical pain I am still enduring. The following months have only been filled with more pain and anguish and agony with no end in sight here. Everyone around me has suffered because of what happened to me. It's only getting worse - I see it only getting much much worse so going out on my terms soon vs. dragging this out 50 years is, to me, a no brainer

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Yes. I would have ctb'ed months ago if it wasn't so inaccessible after extreme and traumatizing torturous physical pain I am still enduring. The following months have only been filled with more pain and anguish and agony with no end in sight here. Everyone around me has suffered because of what happened to me. It's only getting worse - I see it only getting much much worse so going out on my terms soon vs. dragging this out 50 years is, to me, a no brainer
Why are you in pain?

fantastic_unicorn

fantastic_unicorn

Mar 23, 2024
Why are you in pain?
I got physically hurt. debilitating facial nerve pain, tinnitus, hyperacusis, vision problems, body pain, etc. can barely take care of myself. had it all, extremely happy with life to having nothing what so ever in a few months and no one has been able to help alleviate symptoms. shit situation but I'm tired af of being sick

• Hugs
Reactions: dggtscccvfd
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
I got physically hurt. debilitating facial nerve pain, tinnitus, hyperacusis, vision problems, body pain, etc. can barely take care of myself. had it all, extremely happy with life to having nothing what so ever in a few months and no one has been able to help alleviate symptoms. shit situation but I'm tired af of being sick
Were you in an accident?

H

Hunter2005

Student
Apr 15, 2023
Survival instinct is a bitch unfortunately

kilowatt

kilowatt

A gun is the greatest negociator
Sep 9, 2023
Because it's not that easy. Some people have a lot to leave behind or not enough balls to do it.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
even the most painful death would bring less suffering than a full life. But survival instinct and fear speak louder

Reactions: divinemistress36