• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

missmyworld

missmyworld

Feb 18, 2024
You might be seeing a biased view when you say "TV/Social media" because the crazy personal stories always go viral. Most people from what I've observed at least try to have a basic curtain of secrets. Like you don't want your relatives seeing your offputting jokes, alt accounts/spam accounts are typical. I live in the states but I'm not native, maybe it's different culturally wherever you are

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Yeah that's true. I'm just so surpised how superficially they sometimes speak about so important or serious things. That wouldnt happen here in the same way.
I live in the states but I'm not native, maybe it's different culturally wherever you are
Oh ok and where are you from originally?

Reactions: Homo erectus
missmyworld

missmyworld

Feb 18, 2024
Yeah that's true. I'm just so surpised how superficially they sometimes speak about so important or serious things. That wouldnt happen here in the same way.

Oh ok and where are you from originally?
I'm from the U.K, I prefer it over here though. A lot more opportunity I suppose.
I don't remember much of a difference online back when I lived there, though, so maybe we're seeing entirely different things.

Reactions: Meteora
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
It's not really just Americans who do that so to single them out is kind of weird. Sharing private things publicly on social media and television is something that happens all over the world.

Most people like sharing stories and their own personal experiences and feelings with those around them and sometimes this can extend to things that should be kept private. It might partly come down to us being a social species, idk. One thing I do know is that Americans are far from the only people I've seen to do this shit. It's common all over the world.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
... tell their very private things publicly on television, Social Media etc? It so astonishing that they seem to have little shame or wish for privacy. Or is it just my impression?
While many care about privacy & dignity, there's a theory that celebs are US's version of aristocrats

Celebs need to say some dumb pseudo-shocking thing to keep eyeballs on them

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
@EvisceratedJester hm I think the media is very different in Europe than in the U.S. Its for example akward that media is allowed in court. Seems like data protection is rated much higher in my country.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
@EvisceratedJester hm I think the media is very different in Europe than in the U.S. Its for example akward that media is allowed in court. Seems like data protection is rated much higher in my country.
This doesn't just apply to the US. From what I know, other countries like Australia also allow court cases to be recorded. The UK started to allow court cases to be recorded back in 2020.

With that in mind, sharing things that should be private, especially on social media, is a worldwide issue that isn't specific to the US.

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
... tell their very private things publicly on television, Social Media etc? It so astonishing that they seem to have little shame or wish for privacy. Or is it just my impression?
I mean, I don't use the stuff(social media).
But many Americans do.
Idk why, it seems that living a fake online life is preferable to living a real life to many.
I don't get it. But I'm old. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love
Reactions: Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I mean, I don't use the stuff(social media).
But many Americans do.
Idk why, it seems that living a fake online life is preferable to living a real life to many.
I don't get it. But I'm old. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
same. and i m old, too : )

The American culture is not easy to understand for me. Seems like it's a nation of (fake?) extroverts.

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
same. and i m old, too : )

The American culture is not easy to understand for me. Seems like it's a nation of (fake?) extroverts.
That is pretty close.
The culture forces us into that role due to extreme competition for everything, such as menial jobs, daycare, housing, etc.
If you don't play the game you are shunned.
It is not my favorite, but all I've ever known, so it's difficult for me to compare it to anything else.