potentialbotanist

potentialbotanist

Dec 24, 2019
I know a lot of them are kind of obvious but I'm still curious as to why people picked their usernames.

Reactions: obafgkm, Never Free, TheDevilsAngel and 1 other person
WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

Student
Nov 3, 2019
Hey potentialbotanist, intriguing question. :)

I chose my name WearyWanderer for a couple of reasons. Now that I think about it, I guess it's supposed to be a visual symbol of my life.

I feel like an exhausted traveler, wandering aimlessly through the desert. I have no idea where I'm going but I just keep stumbling forward / around every day.

Weary because chronic pain is tiring, depression, anxiety, and ADD is tiring, life in general is tiring.

I also chose "wanderer" because I like to wander around new places to explore or drive around with no set destination in mind and get "lost."

And lastly, I have a wandering mind and jump from one topic to another when thinking or talking.

Now that I've given a meandering answer (lol), right back at ya- What inspired your username?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, obafgkm, Endex and 7 others
potentialbotanist

potentialbotanist

Dec 24, 2019
I like the idea of someday having enough of a caring touch to keep plants alive. I feel like if I could do that I could learn from them and take care of myself. And a big Little Shop of Horrors fan.

My ideal way out also consists of ingesting a poisonous plant like an oleander. Like a poison salad or a poison tea. So probably all that stuff combined.

Reactions: Endex, Never Free, alwayssearching and 6 others
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Well just look at my user name what does it mean LOL :D . Suits me anyway all ways dress in black every thing I have clothing is black. All so at one point I was going to have it as my middle name .

Reactions: obafgkm, Never Free, alwayssearching and 4 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I have BPD and until very recently had blonde hair, I've always taken some care with my appearance, tried to always look somewhat nice so when I look in the mirror I see me and not my illness. Guessed becuase of that barbie seemed kinda fitting :pfff:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Endex, Never Free, Oyoy and 7 others
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
Just a common name. It's not my real name.

Reactions: Never Free, alwayssearching, LegaliseIt! and 1 other person
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
I am a little owl and my name is Kira.

• Love
Reactions: Never Free, Oyoy, alwayssearching and 8 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
i choose mine because i'm both physically and mentally fragile, i have a very weak and chronically ill body that breaks very easily and a mental state that crumbles every time something happens.

also a fragile life that is already broken beyond repair, just like a porcelain doll or a glass of wine that fell and broke into a thousand pieces and no one could ever hope to fix.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, lofticries, Never Free and 13 others
Edward1

Edward1

Meh!
Sep 18, 2019
I used Edward as my profile name because Edward is not my name.

Reactions: Endex, Never Free, voyager and 2 others
Kaczka86

Kaczka86

Looking for...?
Dec 15, 2019
Just typed the first word I had in my mind. After completing my profile I realized that I have picked this word because before while reading posts I have noticed a girl with this word in her username. :hihi:

Reactions: Endex, Never Free and LegaliseIt!
Enshadowed

Enshadowed

Dec 19, 2019
I didn't want to pick something that could be traced back to me by someone that knew me. I went with mine as it was the name of a guild in a game I played long ago. I guess it just seemed like it fit with how I am feeling.

Reactions: Endex, Never Free, WearyWanderer and 2 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
My name, title and avatar are from my favorite video game. All connected.

Reactions: Endex, Never Free, selfhater and 3 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I was in segregation, I felt marginalized, and the Pink Floyd song would go through my head from time to time. People had written some vile things on the walls so I wrote a few inspirational things. The last thing I wrote was something to the effect of "you're not just another brick in the wall."

• Love
Reactions: Endex, Never Free, BlackPoppet and 6 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
It's my middle name. I should have just used my real name.

Reactions: Endex, Never Free, LegaliseIt! and 2 others
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
The character on my pfp is a queen of sorts and I relate to her, and I cried while I was making a profile on SS so there ya go.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, LegaliseIt!, Sensei and 1 other person
ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019

Reactions: LegaliseIt! and TheDevilsAngel
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I have no idea I absolutely hate it it makes no sense too me nor is it a reflection of me...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, Oyoy, voyager and 3 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Squidward was taken and I love Squidward, so I was like Squiddy it is

• Love
Reactions: Endex, Wolfjob_dayjob, voyager and 1 other person
F

Forever or never

It's okay not to be okay
Dec 18, 2019
I ve choosen my usernsme "Forever or Never" because its the only think why i hsvent ctb yer. CTB is a permanent solution and FOREVER.
Since i am not 100% sure if i wamma Take my SN or not, i habe picked Forever or Never. Cause I am right on the way to decide

Reactions: Endex, voyager, LegaliseIt! and 2 others
listen before i go

listen before i go

Sep 22, 2019
Mine is a song by Billie Eilish. It's about suicide. I'm not a huge fan of her, but I like that song.

• Love
Reactions: Endex, LegaliseIt!, 134340 and 1 other person
F

Forever or never

It's okay not to be okay
Dec 18, 2019
Mine is a song by Billie Eilish. It's about suicide. I'm not a huge fan of her, but I like that song.
Thanks! I will listen to it now. Do you have other songs aout suicide? Would appreciate if u post or pm them

passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
Iggy Pop and my favorite number.

Reactions: RollingKinematics, Endex and LegaliseIt!
Return2Dust

Return2Dust

Experienced
Sep 28, 2019
I (unfortunately) grew up in a fundamentalist Christian family.
'Ashes to ashes' - " till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, Oyoy and LegaliseIt!

Student
Aug 23, 2019
I enjoyed reading all the replies to this. Mine is the title of a song by BTS, it has nothing to do with suicide but I love the song so here we are

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Endex, Oyoy and 4 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Self-explanatory

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RollingKinematics, Endex, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I live in a country with "legal" Medical Assistance in Dying. For the physically ill.
Because society does not recognize the excruciating pain of mental illness that I endure every.single.moment!
No, I am "lacking in courage."
I "lack resilience."
I need to "pull myself up by my bootstraps!"
I am exhausted.
Back to the physically ill:
Sadly, in the cold northern city where I live, terminally ill people who qualify for MAID are forced outside of Catholic hospitals to a nearby BUS STOP to meet with their MAID providers! Temperatures reach minus 40 C/F here in the winter. The "Good Christian"
Tax payer funded Hospital Administrators are using my tax dollars to abuse terminally ill people seeking legal euthanasia !
If Bill 207 becomes law in Alberta, this barbaric "Christian" cruelty will be an everyday occurrence.
Pro Life Christian Hate motivates my username. In the time that I have left, I will fight for fair euthanasia laws for all of us.
We are not criminals!

Last edited:
Reactions: Endex, potentialbotanist and Skyview
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
See mine is because I have never used it anywhere, just searched for "names of nebulae" and set the avatar thing to the nebula, and the name is of it.

Basically few letters have any commons with my name, except the vowels, and one consonant. I made it so it's harder to link it to me compared to my other social media. And considering I may have my face with videos on other sites--I did that intentionally. Oh, and I use my actual name everywhere else too... given things, it would be hard to find me, but also easy. I just kept it completely different here just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Endex
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I think mine suits how I feel about my life and how I feel 24/7.
it describes my life in a nutshell...

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex and Grendel
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
...I like morphine

Reactions: Endex and Grendel
FracturedSeraphim

FracturedSeraphim

Dec 22, 2019
A Seraphim is a angel in human form. A wanderer of the world not truly being part of it. I see myself as a fractured Seraphim because I made a connection though I knew I don't belong here and every time I try to it ends up hurting me in some way. Now I have a daughter and her middle name is Seraphina. Seraphina is supposedly the strongest of the Seraphim. Her temper bringing swirling tempests of fire in it's wake... I've known since I was a kid I was going to likely be my own death. My only hope is that she is stronger than me when she gets older.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex, chloramine, voyager and 1 other person