• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Hi
You see the problems everytime and everywhere. Many of them are things you can't do anything about.
This world is shitty and everything is a mess. Why bother and struggle to face all of this shit? Why do extraordinary effort when everything will just end and no real improvement will happen.
World is a mess, humans are a mess, nature is a mess, so why we should try to confront the inherently bad things?

I'm trying to minimize the shit as much as I can by avoiding toxic people and their shitty rules and messy world.

Ctb is always a logical answer to this world and the fucking countless endless problems

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Just to add,
Hardness also is a relative and not absolute thing. Some people have courage or some have good methods. Its like how some people put their life in something (being a soldier or doing extremely risky work). It will look hard and impossible for some people but some people will do it at the end.

Comparing a relative hardness to the impossibility of overcoming some problems as a single human (many examples like poverty, health issues, political problems and wars..etc).

Comparatively, getting N or nitrogen tank is an easier process (even if it needs traveling or takes time to make money) than trying to solve the inherent problems in this life which is an impossible task and in some situations can make you live in a hell like prison or getting a horrible death. Its like comparing little amount ( about zero) to infinity.

One can also wait for death to come but not everyone can withstand waiting

Last edited:
EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
I'm pretty sure that most people are alive because they've been indoctrinated by parents, extended family and other in society that ending your life is the "easy way out" or "incredibly selfish".

In other words, emotional reasons which gives me more reason to want death. I've seldom heard of people giving non-emotional reasons to live.

Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
Apparently, most people are happy with doing the same shit every day (enjoying their work enslavement, chatting about celebrities, listening to the same music, going out for a walk and seeing that as the most rewarding experience in the universe, falling prey to delusions just to keep the ship afloat, etc.). They don't go beyond the surface.

Bless their ignorance, what else could we say. The only thing that gives me a bit of solace in this world is reading about scientific topics, because BS is not allowed, only the cold hard truth

T

Tiburcio

Apparently, most people are happy with doing the same shit every day (enjoying their work enslavement, chatting about celebrities, listening to the same music, going out for a walk and seeing that as the most rewarding experience in the universe, falling prey to delusions just to keep the ship afloat, etc.). They don't go beyond the surface.
This kind of posts make me thing I'm not so insane as I used to think.

M

Maggotymaggots

Apr 18, 2018
I'm pretty sure that most people are alive because they've been indoctrinated by parents, extended family and other in society that ending your life is the "easy way out" or "incredibly selfish".

In other words, emotional reasons which gives me more reason to want death. I've seldom heard of people giving non-emotional reasons to live.

See, I never understood why suicide being "the easy way out" was seen as a mark against it. Should we jump out a window every time we want to exit a building, because leaving through the front door would be too easy? What exactly's wrong with taking the easy way out?

M

Michel Angelo

Jul 5, 2018

You are right - This is what is generally called a categorical error, ie you can't actually find non-emotional reasons, as these sorts of questions/issues/reasons for living fall outside of reason, and belong squarely in emotion/instinct. Think of rationality/reason as instrumental (typically called instrumental reason - it's a tool, an instrument you play to get a desired outcome - but you can't play a smell on a violin. Also otherwise known as the is/ought fallacy) All normative issues necessarily involve emotion/instinct; and aren't purely rational - anyone who says that is no better than the corner preacher.