• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
This is the furthest thing from the truth. You basically have to take the PERFECT amount for your height, weight, medical condition, sex, etc. for it to be kind of painless and take less than 30 minutes to kill you (meaning, not fast). Its not like N where the more you take, the faster you die. SN will burn a hole in your stomach if you take too much and may even dissolve your esophagus on the way down. But if you take too little, you're just going to writhed in pain and god knows what else. It will definitely kill you, but if you choose this method, expect suffering and pain for up to 30 minutes before you die.

W

war-is-lost

Student
Apr 15, 2018
This is the furthest thing from the truth. You basically have to take the PERFECT amount for your height, weight, medical condition, sex, etc. for it to be kind of painless and take less than 30 minutes to kill you (meaning, not fast). Its not like N where the more you take, the faster you die. SN will burn a hole in your stomach if you take too much and may even dissolve your esophagus on the way down. But if you take too little, you're just going to writhed in pain and god knows what else. It will definitely kill you, but if you choose this method, expect suffering and pain for up to 30 minutes before you die.

I agree with this. SN is very unpredictable. It is FAR from reliable and painless. There are many cases where it takes up to days to die whilst being in severe pain. Just google it and you will find many such reports. I agree it is easily accessible and dirt trip but it doesn't make it a good method. It's being talked about a lot as PPeH has recently incorporated it in the chapter on inorganic salts. If you don't have access to N, you may consider the inert gases, CO or even chloroquine which I think are all better alternatives.

Azure

Azure

Little Chemist
Jun 13, 2018

I don't know where you got this info from, but most of what you are saying is untrue.
Yes, SN is a worse alternative to N. However, it is easily available for almost everyone and, contrary to what you are saying, doesn't "burn a hole in your stomach". This has absolutely nothing to do with SN's intended effect, which is provoking methemoglobinemia in whoever ingests it. This will, at most, manifest in severe headaches and not in agonizing pain as the mucus walls of your stomach suddenly start to dissolve as you consume a widespread food aditive in ALL cured meat. Yes, it is slower and less peaceful than N, but it's also far from agonizingly painful.
Please do not spread misinformation.

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
I don't know where you got this info from, but most of what you are saying is untrue.
Yes, SN is a worse alternative to N. However, it is easily available for almost everyone and, contrary to what you are saying, doesn't "burn a hole in your stomach". This has absolutely nothing to do with SN's intended effect, which is provoking methemoglobinemia in whoever ingests it. This will, at most, manifest in severe headaches and not in agonizing pain as the mucus walls of your stomach suddenly start to dissolve as you consume a widespread food aditive in ALL cured meat. Yes, it is slower and less peaceful than N, but it's also far from agonizingly painful.
Please do not spread misinformation.

Gasoline and drain cleaners are "easily available for almost anyone" too and they will kill you if you drink them; but I'm going there either. Please do not act like an expert, as most of what you're saying sounds emotional vs. scientific. Good luck to you if this is your method. But as I said, you better measure and calculate the PERFECT amount.

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
Here is what happened to a family who ate accidentally meal seasoned with sodium nitrite:

"On arrival, the first responders found the younger woman unresponsive; all others were awake and alert. En route to the hospital, both women had progressive respiratory distress and loss of consciousness and were intubated; the older woman began having seizures. On arrival at the emergency department (ED), the five persons were markedly cyanotic and had oxygen saturation levels by pulse oximetry of 72%--96% (normal: >92%) (Table). Blood drawn for routine testing was described as "black colored.""

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5129a2.htm

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
Again, you must take the PERFECT dosage or...

"Symptoms of nitrate poisoning can vary depending on the amount and duration of the exposure. Those with very mild methemoglobinemia might not have any symptoms at all, or might appear a little pale and feel tired. Moderate-to-severe poisoning is associated with cyanosis (blueness of the skin), confusion, loss of consciousness, seizures, abnormal heart rhythms, and death. The old toxicology adage by the 16th century physician Paracelsus, "the dose makes the poison," truly applies to nitrates and nitrites. No living thing can live and grow without them, but too much can be deadly."

https://www.poison.org/articles/causes-and-symptoms-of-nitrate-nitrite-poisoning-174

Azure

Azure

Little Chemist
Jun 13, 2018
@LookMomImFlying
SN will burn a hole in your stomach if you take too much and may even dissolve your esophagus on the way down.
This is what bothered me the most about your post and what makes it seem very poorly researched. SN has zero capability of melting any of your tissues and, as you posted right after that, all the "painful" symptoms include headaches and seizures, which shouldn't be a problem at all if you take the right amount of SN to ensure you pass out. About the "dont take too much", I've seen no evidence that more SN causes a more painful death, and the source you cite only conveys that taking too few will be painful and not end your life. Not having enough SN is simply not a possibility since its never sold in less than 100g containers.
Again, SN is NOT the most peaceful of solutions. It's the poor man's N, less quick and less peaceful, but still more peaceful and less mentally straining than jumping off a building, shooting yourself or even hanging for many.

bag.of.cats

bag.of.cats

depressed cats
Apr 10, 2018
"Ah You, who could not stand the pain, called emergency medical services. He survived while the other two died."
The article only mentions they ingested a pill. I don't know if we can compare that with the method described here, which involves a specific dose and other drugs that optimize absorption and prevents vomiting.

YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
The article only mentions they ingested a pill. I don't know if we can compare that with the method described here, which involves a specific dose and other drugs that optimize absorption and prevents vomiting.
Also, the source is China's globaltimes, China's official English state-runned media outlet. I would take anything they say with a grain of salt (pardon the pun). Asian countries have a higher rate of suicide, so there's an incentive for them to fudge the facts.

S

sleepless

Aug 1, 2018
I was thinking about sn, but then I did some research. I found this article.

"Ah You, who could not stand the pain, called emergency medical services. He survived while the other two died."

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/530790.shtml

I do have nitrogen and I think it is much better than sn. Preferably, I would use n as I do not like the idea of a bag over my head.

The article referred to the substance used as Sodium Nitrate twice, and Sodium Nitrite once. Given this, I don't think this article could be used as a credible source of information for those who wants to use SN. I have helium and SN on hand at the moment, I am still contemplating which one to use when the time comes.

F

Freesan

Student
Jul 3, 2018
The ppeh says nothing about sn burning holes in stomaches and such, so I think its very unlikely that it does so.

Also gasoline and drain cleaners are failed comparisons. Do you find gasoline and drain cleaners recommended anywhere in the ppeh?

I prefer a possible 30 minutes of pain from sn like f.e. headaches and very maybe a seizure, over many additional years of suffering. Not a difficult choice really.

Exactly.
And possibly sleep medication too.

Besides the article doesnt say anything about the amount of sn, the condition it was in etc. The article is also old (2010).

accidentaldeath

accidentaldeath

Student
May 29, 2018
I feel like some people in this forum just try to "sell" their method and all the other methods are bullshit. Please investigate more before talking about a topic, as you say you can't take as much SN as you want, but is not as difficult as you say. more than 3 grams is lethal, so somewhere between 15 and 20 grams should be ok, depending on your body type. Also, each person should choose their own method, according to their needs and requirements. So please, stop trying to fuck everybody's method and let everyone decide I would never choose harakiri as my method, however there is some people which still do it nowadays, just a matter of preferences and we should everybody respect each other's decission. This forum should be to help each other and give support, not to scrue everybody's plan.

S

sleepless

Aug 1, 2018
Likewise, though nitrogen not helium. Will be a tough choice.

I still have this nagging skepticism at the back of my head about SN being swift and painless. If you think you have no issue finding comfort having a bag over your head, I would say go with gas. I did a trial run on helium once, I find the exit bag-over-head quite uncomfortable, and it seem to change my state of mind during the process. If I were to ultimately use this method, I will most likely be intoxicated when I do it. I am also considering charcoal now, where I could just lay down relaxed while I slip away.

F

Fixin’ToDie

Jun 11, 2018
I still have this nagging skepticism at the back of my head about SN being swift and painless. If you think you have no issue finding comfort having a bag over your head, I would say go with gas. I did a trial run on helium once, I find the exit bag-over-head quite uncomfortable, and it seem to change my state of mind during the process. If I were to ultimately use this method, I will most likely be intoxicated when I do it. I am also considering charcoal now, where I could just lay down relaxed while I slip away.
Thanks, I really appreciate your comments. For me it comes down now to whichever one carries the least risk of failure, and the least serious consequences of failure. At the moment I'm leaning more towards the gas, however, as you've experienced yourself, carrying out the process before even pulling the bag down over your head would require enormous courage and determination. Getting past the survival instinct would be the major stumbling block. Perhaps too, as you say, "a little something" to steady the nerves might help, but not too much that it impairs my coordination (all important when using the gas method). In any case if I become the slightest bit apprehensive with the gas and find I cannot go through with it, my plan would then be to switch to SN.

S

sleepless

Aug 1, 2018
Thanks, I really appreciate your comments. For me it comes down now to whichever one carries the least risk of failure, and the least serious consequences of failure. At the moment I'm leaning more towards the gas, however, as you've experienced yourself, carrying out the process before even pulling the bag down over your head would require enormous courage and determination. Getting past the survival instinct would be the major stumbling block. Perhaps too, as you say, "a little something" to steady the nerves might help, but not too much that it impairs my coordination (all important when using the gas method). In any case if I become the slightest bit apprehensive with the gas and find I cannot go through with it, my plan would then be to switch to SN.

I agree. Overcoming your survival instinct with such methods are no means an easy feat. There are clearly many paths which we could choose to take to CTB, leading to the ultimate goal. Some are so desperate, their courage to die simply takes them off a building. For me, I have not reached that stage. I feel that I want to CTB before then, with a method that has low risk of failure, moderate amount of peace and comfort, and minimal mess of the aftermath. I believe to have read another thread, where someone mentioned using a double method, consuming SN in addition to gas or something else as a backup. Whatever it is, I hope you find your right path.

throwaway777

throwaway777

一人、部屋で、独り。
Oct 3, 2018
I feel like some people in this forum just try to "sell" their method and all the other methods are bullshit. Please investigate more before talking about a topic, as you say you can't take as much SN as you want, but is not as difficult as you say. more than 3 grams is lethal, so somewhere between 15 and 20 grams should be ok, depending on your body type. Also, each person should choose their own method, according to their needs and requirements. So please, stop trying to fuck everybody's method and let everyone decide I would never choose harakiri as my method, however there is some people which still do it nowadays, just a matter of preferences and we should everybody respect each other's decission. This forum should be to help each other and give support, not to scrue everybody's plan.

therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
People are promoting it because it's really cheap and easy to get. Of course it's not as peaceful as N but not everyone can get N. And many people are willing to go through a bit of pain to achieve their goal. Plus there are no serious consequences from a failed attempt which cannot be said of most methods.

J

JohnDoe1

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2018
Chloroquine is way superior to SN...but, I don't see people talking about it...maybe, because it's a prescription drug and need other prescription drugs to be successful and peaceful...