• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
My mom always wanted me to be a meteorologist or an accountant. I don't have the looks, so I guess I'd be an accountant.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I'd be a teacher if I never got in the stock market. My health and money never recovered.
I'm sorry to hear that. I honestly believe that the stock market is just legal gambling

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
I'm sorry to hear that. I honestly believe that the stock market is just legal gambling
It depends on how you treat it. For many people it is indeed a gambling, but that does not talk much about stock market itself. Read The Intelligent Investor by Graham if you want to learn more.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
My parents wanted me to be a doctor, so I probably would have become one
My mother pushed my younger brother into becoming a doctor. It was a disaster. His personality just wasn't suited to the profession. He would have done much better in something like IT. Don't ever let people push you into something (unless it's something you might well have chosen for yourself anyway, but you needed a bit of a nudge).
Not if you do it right. "Buy and hold" is a sensible investment strategy. Lots of buying and selling is not.

Last edited:
mainlanders_son

mainlanders_son

Apr 4, 2024
I achieved my goals of becoming a software engineer, I've been programming professionally for about 15 years. After my mind ripped open on a combination of anxiety attacks and Zoloft, my life is gone.

BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
I love mechanical engineering, especially about finite element analysis. I always think that this's cool to be able to calculate the strength of a structure using software. I really want to learn more about this but unfortunately im living in a 3rd world country where this type of skill isn't really nedded, not to mentioned the tight competition for this job which cause me moderately depressed

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
as a kid i wanted to either be a vet or an animator. lost motivation to be a vet when i heard that u cant self harm or have mental illness (idk if this is still true or even was true to begin with) and the thought of having to put animals down and what to do if i couldnt help an animal etc. just made me sad, as well as the low pay and stress and suicide rates among vets. lost motivation to be an animator when i heard how shit theyre treated and also became unmotivated to practice art bc my parents told me to take my drawings down from my wall and just depression and anhedonia in general. now i dont have any motivation to be or do anything. if i wasnt trans my mum used to think i would be a tall sexy deep voiced business woman bc i was always the tallest in school and had a kind of tom boyish voice, now im short and ugly bc my growth was stunted from an eating disorder as a teenager and hrt has made my hair thin lol. its weird to think how different my life would be if i wasnt trans, just as weird to think how different it would be if i wasnt mentally ill. realistically id probably still be in higher education or have some low paying job that i hated.

karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Arcanist
Mar 25, 2024
If it wasn't for mental illness/physical illness, what do you think you life would be like? What kind of career would you have gone into? Ect
I don't have mental or physical illness but I still want to kms.
If it wasn't for mental illness/physical illness, what do you think you life would be like? What kind of career would you have gone into? Ect
im already hygienist but my family opened hair salon for me as a gift so I used to like doing hair and makeup-it makes money specially when we have weddings and graduations so I'm not practicing hygienist anymore but I keep my license up to date. Ofc now everything is upside down so..

natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
Honestly hard to say. I guess I had big dreams to be an indie musician and/or indie games developer as a teenager, but those aren't exactly realistic career paths. Before that, I didn't really aspire to any particular jobs as a kid. And now I only look into jobs based on nothing more than well, what ones accommodate my mental conditions best.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
camp counsellor , just arts and crafts and games all day lol , and you'd get lots of sunlight which I think I am 100% deficient in.

Or psychiatry / psychology

Also I don't know if I'm a lazy bastard , or I just don't conform to society , but most of the time a lot of jobs don't interest me and I find them to be extravagantly useless and boring in a grand scale , I'm like what's the point of working if we will all die anyways … I'm always wondering what the point of anything is …. But that's another story …. I feel myself losing it lol
There is a lot of pressure for people to find their passion and something they love , I wish for pure dystopia where none of us have to work and total societal collapse

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Pretty sure no matter what, I was damned to be damned, so its hard to even think of what could been now.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
I would've probably become an artist/musician with some major clout. I almost made it. like 99%. Health issues took away that last 1% so I never made it to 100. Well maybe that is how it's supposed to be for me. It sucks.
Do you play or sing?

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Student
May 9, 2024
I probably would have studied computer science at a good school, and then taken some biology courses and applied to medical school. Best case scenario, I would have gotten in, and worst case scenario, I would have pursued a career in tech. I wanted to become a plastic surgeon. I always had really steady hands (which actually helps me at my current job), and I wanted to help people fix aspects of their appearance that they were insecure about.

I'm not doing that bad in the grand scheme of things though. I got into a mid-tier school after graduating from high school and studied a major I didn't want to make a career out of, then dropped out and got into blue collar work. I'm financially stable and was able to move out a few years ago. Currently, I rent an apartment in a high cost of living area and live generally below my means without being overly stingy to myself. I also work part time as a model, which is an exhausting job as well, but I enjoy it. Starting from later this year, I'm quitting my full time job and going back to school, but I'll likely still be working as a model. I got accepted to a good (but not top tier) school and I'm going to study a major that leads to good job prospects. I won't say exactly what the major is, but it's largely math-based. Things didn't turn out the way I wanted, but I reserve the right to still be satisfied with where I am in life.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
I think that I became who I wanted to be, at least partly. The fact that I didn´t grow up in the royal house is because I wasn´t born in that family. However, I don´t understand why the royal family isn´t abolished. I have done my best under the circumstances and more can´t be expected with my inheritance and bad luck. The problem is that life is too long. I wouldn´t have to write here if I could have euthanasia.

Reactions: Yuki_03
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
Maybe I would had found love in what I do, a partner, maybe start a family (adopting obv, I don't want more suffering), and become a teacher. But I can't, as I have no ability to love or be loved, always to hurt those around me and wish for them the most,

cowboypants

cowboypants

May 7, 2024
It's hard for me to chose one as my interest comes and goes.

Chef, trucker, brewer, something in cybersecurity