N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
That is a difficult question I could name so many, Though maybe I am just too stupid or ignorant to see the beauty in them.

Maybe Call of Duty. I mean it is not that bad but they should invest more time in quality rather than quantity.

The Pokemon franchise is going down. I loved this franchies from the deepest of my heart and now I see how it burns down. Sad.

I am in general not that much into movies. I don't like that they take so much time. More than 2 hours often.

I was kind of into Star Wars as a teenager or child but my interest is gone. I get the allure somewhat. But it cannot catch me anymore. Most mainstream franchises are too superficial. In most cases there is an happy end. If I know the end or depicted wisdom of every film why should I watch it?
Exactly the same thing happend with Harry Potter to me.

In my point of view this 3D Avatar movie was extremely overrated.

Also Spider Man and Hangover.

But honestly I forgot most of their content. I am no expert in movies I cannot really assess their quality. It is rather my gut feeling.

Which franchises are overrated in your point of view?

Last edited:
Reactions: callme and katagiri83
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Definitely The Fast and Furious is at the top of that list. The first two were campy fun. The third one had a new cast and drifting. After that, pure trash.

Reactions: katagiri83
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Kardashians!!!:wink:
The Royal Family (Brittain)
Hamilton
Frozen

Not a franchise but....
Running Up That Hill ... I don't know if it was a hit before Stranger Things but I can't get away from it now.

• Yay!
Reactions: callme and katagiri83
gottablast888

gottablast888

Student
Apr 15, 2022
chipotle

Reactions: katagiri83, callme, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
For the love of all that is good and holy - Marvel.

I was burnt out on superhero movies several years ago, much less now. I don't get the appeal anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and not-2-b-the-answer
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Any franchise really?

Coca Cola - not coca, addicting cola. Santa (jesus for kids) plastered on cola trucks is onoy a relief children don't have to awkwardly stand in front of an altar all night. Nuka Cola ftw

Pepsi - more like, Patsy, as the creator thought he's got the original recipe, even if it tastet better, even if it tastes like capitalism.

Adidas - anybody called Adolf isn't allowed a franchise else they'd start calling it a platoon and more. Anyway,sursrisingly good quality for the working-class masses, good design up to the 90s, wannabe macho, gangster gopnik trash nowadays.

Tesla - pushing the future to new boring, silent, lifeless, made out of the same cluster cars that leave you in the middle of the road because some sensor picked up a speck of dust.

Nestle - fuck Nestle, all tap water drinkers hate Nestle

South Park - the empitome of all stupid, vulgar, low IQ children, that's what started it.

Ikea - unworkable, weird looking, family friendly, ecologically sustainable trash, but trash still. Ugly, emotionless money wasters. I miss Volvo being the trendy export.

Grey Goose - french vodka sounds like greek business and north korean hospitality.

Superheroes - all angry, dark, HD and PC has-been boomers that lost it long ago. Superman died with Cristopher Reeve.

Lego - what child can pump out a hundred bucks for a unit just to keep the illusion of playing with those?

Art - finger painting and ink blots aren't art.

"Psychiatric help" - ink blots aren't psychology.

Any sports franchise needs to be here without any doubt as well.

• Yay!
Reactions: katagiri83
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
If I know the end or depicted wisdom of every film why should I watch it?
For entertainment. Most movies (or books, or whatever) don't have much wisdom in them. But I still watch because it's better than doing nothing. That being said, if you don't like the franchise or genre much, a different movie is probably best.