• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There are two possible direction. Either the average Jane and Joe would become way more serious about committing suicide. Which seems not to be impossible. People become older and there is an emphasis on life quality over life time. The acceptance of euthanasia seems to grow while religions lose power and followers.
Maybe suicide will be normalized to a certain extent. Something most anti-choice people deeply fear.

On the other direction this forum could adapt to the mainstream. With more emphasis on off-topic and recovery. In the past there were a lot of (?) incel vibes. Nowadays, it is more trans acceptance with which I can live way better than incel content.

I am not sure whether this forum really becomes more mainstream. I would probably describe it differently. However, many mainstream outlets reported about this forum. I think the NYT or BBC reporting was less damaging than Youtube videos considering the very young audience of these channels.

The knowledge that this forum exist spreads more and more. However, there are so many controversial internet websites. I think the wikipedia is rather counterproductive for the goals of the enemies of this forum. It is sort of ridiculous. In my country Germany tries to block search findings of this website. At the same time if you google suicide forum the first thing you find is the wikipedia article mentioning the full name of this website. I am not sure how big this forum actually is. I once read it has 6 million views per month. I don't know the view rates of for example rotten, liveleak or 4chan during their peak. I am not sure how far we are away from becoming mainstream related to knowledge that this website exists.

I am not really content with this thread. Currently my threads are not the best. The clinic takes a lot of energy and I was very suicidal today. I am awake since 4 a.m. once again.

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
many media describe this place as an "incel" site. but i haven't seen any incel, misogynist, or lgbtphobic content.
i think if it became more mainstream, it would become more 'pro-life'. i think in order to avoid too much media focus of it like a pro-suicide forum, which it isn't.

also, idk how young the audience of this forum, but i think most people are in the 18-25 or 40-50+ category. i dont think 18 is young, like everybody develops their brain at its time, its not like we get 25 and suddendly we get conscience.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
This forum will never become mainstream due to how suicide is stigmatized by society. Suicide is like the elephant in the room. It's a taboo subject

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I could see it ending up like some parts of Twitter or Reddit. Maybe mods would go on more of a power trip than they do now, not to say they do at all because they don't.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I hope this site doesn't become mainstream anytime soon.
Mainly because other media will eat us, and great statesmen, i.e. politicians, will want to solve this problem.
Of course, it all depends on how you define mainstream.

Certainly, suicide will not cease to be a taboo in the near future.
This is very inconvenient for countries, among others.

Many people don't know how to talk about such things, so these people will definitely not destroy this wall in the near future.

We have to continue to function a bit like rats in sewers because we are trampled on in other places.

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
I don't think this place will become more popular and mainstream since suicide is still vilified in society, although euthanasia might become more accepted in the future so who knows.

Reactions: sserafim
L

lqpbxeuh

Feb 28, 2024
+1 on /r/suicidewatch. The quality of everything would go straight into the toilet. I can't browse any other mental health forum/site without cringing after finding SaSu.