• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
One can get upset. Many of them don't deserve their wealth.

Here are sone I don't like. Mark Zuckerberg, Silvio Berlusconi, Rupert Murdoch, Putin, Musk, Jeff Bezos.
Maybe there is a reason why many of them are this hated. You cannot really earn billions of dollars. Noone "deserves" this insane amount of money.
I think the more difficult question is: can you name some billionaires you like.

I don't trust many philantropists. Also not Bill Gates but I also don't think he is genuinely evil. In my point of view he is neither a saint nor the devil.

These people have so much money they can literally buy good publicity. Money often corrupts people. I think only a tiny minority stays humble. You could help so many people with this amount of money. One can see it as immoral per se if you don't donate a lot of it. Noone needs so much money to be happy.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
These people have so much money they can literally buy good publicity. Money often corrupts people. I think only a tiny minority stays humble. You could help so many people with this amount of money. One can see it as immoral per se if you don't donate a lot of it. Noone needs so much money to be happy.
But the thing is, unless they let their wealth compound, they would never be able to donate as much. I think it would be much better for someone to accrue as much wealth as they can throughout their lives, then pay most of it in taxes when they die. Like 90% or something like that. If Musk has about $500B when he dies, and $450B taken in taxes, that's way more than if you left him with $5B today, and taxed his earnings going forward.

If you look at the list of billionaires, I think some started and did great things. Honestly, we all love Amazon, even if we hate how they operate. Paypal (created by Musk) was a complete game changer. I think SpaceX (and private space exploration) vs government programs will be the way of the future.

Some musicians/rappers have become billionaires. Jay Z comes to mind. Like his music or not, he brought joy and entertainment to millions of people. I bet Taylor Swift becomes a billionaire at some point. Same for her.