• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Bit of a doomer post here, but frankly, I'm sick and tired of being told that despite being autistic I'm destined to be this great awesome successful person. When I failed that, I was told that it's because I didn't try hard enough. Kind of triggering to hear that I didn't try hard from someone who was born into a rich family was who now makes $200,000 per year because they were able to go to a nice college to make that kind of money and I had to go through 20xs more crap for just a fraction of the success. I know there are a lot of autistic people on this forum who probably feel similarly. I don't know the exact numbers of those with ASD on this forum but I'm assuming it's a high proportion.

Disclaimer if you couldn't figure it out already - I'm making this post out of a place of bitterness and envy (hence my name). Mainly from the fact that people don't know what we have to go through out how horrible our quality of life is, generally. I'm also irritated at how our issues are largely ignored. Sure, we're about 1% of the world population, but there are other groups of a similar population proportion that have gotten national and worldwide attention while we've been sidelined for years which I personally find frustrating that we're still being ignored. I'm not writing this as a way for attention to be brought to it, because let's face it, people have tried and it hasn't worked out. I'm mostly writing this as a way to say "Look at the shit we have to deal with, don't tell me that I need to try harder." This is the only place I'm allowed to do that without the generic "this is so sad I hope society changes" when we know damn well it won't. I know the people who should see this won't, but at least I'll feel better knowing that a couple of people did. I'm just tired of having all the crap I went through being an untold story.

If this doesn't belong here, feel free to let me know.

Feel free to offer criticisms for this as I'm just some rando and am not the best and research as I've been out of it for a few years. Plus, I have an obvious bias here considering I'm digging for negative statistics. Read at your own peril as this is going to be a very negative post. Also, it's very long.

Life Expectancy & Suicide:

Surprisingly it's been very difficult to find consistent research on this. I've seen some research indicating that some people with autism have a life expectancy of 39 years (first paragraph in abstract). Other sources say it's at around the 50s. Some say it's in the early 70s. I'd like to think it's somewhere in the middle, so I'll go with the 50s. This doesn't mean you're going to die of old age at 50, since life expectancy statistics are often skewed by childhood deaths. On that topic, one of the leading causes of death is accidental injuries such as drowning, especially among children. If it's not that, then, generally from the research I've found, the next leading cause of death is suicide. Yes, that's right, it's the second leading cause of death. Not only that but despite being such a small fraction of the population, they make up 11% of those suicides, particularly among women. You'll see why it's so high in the next part. Here's another source that says the same thing though this one's study is missing, but I've seen it cited by other outlets a lot.

Victimization:

This is perhaps the worst part that I found. And here I thought I was the exception, but no, it's apparently the norm. This source cites several studies that suggest autistic people have about an 89% victimization rate, with 92% being poly-victims, meaning, they're victimized more than once. Examples would include: assault, abuse (physical, sexual, emotional), neglect, etc. Even worse, about 40-50% of autistic adults reported being sexually abused, with almost 9/10 autistic women having been sexually abused. That statistic is so high that I really want to believe that it's untrue, but having experienced it myself and knowing just how cruel people are I'm unfortunately not too shocked. This is just among their childhood btw, this isn't even accounting adulthood. For male victims like myself, I, unfortunately, wasn't able to find anything substantial, nothing unusual since male victims still aren't given much light. I know I wasn't given any. Their 40-50% range is probably a decent estimate considering there's nothing else to go on.
I just want to say that between the 89% victimization rate, and the the rates among women, just. I don't even think I can say anything. How can you have this many people being tortured by others and nobody knows about it? How can you possibly have such a shocking statistic and nothing is done? I fucking hate the world. Starting to see why the life expectancy is so low, and suicide rates so high? And yet...

Bullying, Friendships, Psychological Problems:

This presentation from the UK government says that 70% of autistic children have a psychological problem, with 40% having 2 or more. Bear in mind this is something diagnosable like depression, and that's only if you get it diagnosed. You can still have undiagnosed psychological problems. Unsurprisingly too, lots of autistic people are bullied, over 60%, though I hate to cite autism speaks as a source considering they don't cite their evidence, but I wanted to try to provide readable sources instead of those nerdy academic journals I've been putting in. Even if they're not a good source, most evidence says you're going to be bullied for being born different. That's how people are. They might claim that they're oh so accepting of people who are different, but they're really not. As far as friendships go, "A study of parent reports of friendships indicated 34% of autistic children had at least one good friend, compared to 71% of children with other disabilities and 93% of neurotypical children without disabilities". Have fun being a loner! Part of me wonders if the male loneliness epidemic we've been hearing about is related to autistic traits, considering men are much more likely to be autistic. Can't really say for sure.

Employment:

This is the last one, and I'm done with statistics. It's a quick one. 85% of autistic people are unemployed. Probably has something to do with all the things I have just talked about. I mean, I know I don't want to get a job right now due to my psychological problems. Plus the inability to communicate like normal people, and just generally being off makes you less employable.

My Closing Thoughts:

Remember, you can be just like Elon Musk! Your autism makes you better than everyone else, and your struggles will reward you greatly! If only that were the case. As I said before, I wrote this to show all the people who told me I didn't try hard enough that they were wrong. I, objectively, had to deal with so much more shit for so much less reward. These stats are going into my note once I decide it's time. Maybe that'll finally give it some attention. I mean, a lot of the sources I put down offer so many solutions, but guess what? It's still a huge fucking problem, isn't it? We still have to deal with crushing loneliness. We still have to deal with being victims of people who are more than willing to prey on weakness. We are expected to be successful despite the torment we face, and evidence showing the contrary. I know, that it isn't entirely the fault of the outside world, and that the individual does have some amount of responsibility but I know damn well those people who told me it was 100% my fault are wrong. I'm tired of the idea that we are 100% at fault for our own circumstances. They can fuck off. I'd love to see them live with just half of the experience. I could've listed 5 more points here since there's so much shit to deal with but I figured these were the big ones.

So, if anyone tells you you can be great despite your disability, remind them of how much more you put in, and how much less you get out of it. Maybe then they'll change their tune. I know that there are a lot of people with ASD who haven't had these experiences and are pretty content with their lives, but these are the only examples that are used. They use positive examples of success to hide how much people suffer. I get it, you want people to have hope. But when this many people are suffering you can't just hide it with positivity. In fact, this doesn't even apply to ASD. It applies to everyone. So many people blame you as a person for your suffering. They don't seem to realize just how much luck plays into it.

Will anything be done about these crises? I doubt it. This has been a problem for decades now. To this day very little is done. The only thing to do is just keep coping. Which really sucks. I wish I didn't have to live a life of coping simply because I was born differently. ASD is the reason I'm ctbing. I never realized just how much it affected me. I used to genuinely believe the people who blamed me. I know better now. If you were blamed by everyone, regardless if you have ASD or not, know that it objectively, is not 100% your fault. The people saying it are asses that have their heads in the clouds.

If you read this far. Thanks. I hope you got something out of it.

Joker2003

Joker2003

Feb 15, 2024
Autism is a curse that I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy. It is an absolutely wretched disorder and has ruined many lives, including mine.

I haven't had a friend since middle school, and I have never had a best friend.
I didn't even know what autism was until I got diagnosed at age nineteen, so I had zero support growing up.

I was bullied by my peers, family, and even teachers. I was incredibly naive and my "friends" decided to start bullying me in high school. They made fun of my mannerisms, stimming, my hobbies, and the way I talk. It led to a complete mental breakdown where I missed two months of school.

My family doesn't understand what autism is and think that vaccines cause it. My grandpa thinks that I'll grow out of it, and my dad just thinks I'm a psycho, a retard, and a piece of sh*t (his words). My grandpa knows that I hate being touched so he purposefully touches me, and he told my 4-year old cousin to punch me for no reason.

My dad hates me and expects me to become a successful IT technician. He thinks that people's value comes from their work. One time he asked me if I want to be treated like a b*stard redheaded stepchild, because I wasn't doing what he wanted. He also told me that I act like a girl and that I'm a tit-less woman.

Men/boys have treated me like sh*t my entire life which contributed to me developing gender dysphoria. I know that there are good men, but my brain doesn't trust them. Girls have always been nicer to me. I have an overwhelming desire to be female, but I know I'm just being delusional. I am too ugly and masculine to ever transition. I now feel like the biggest freak and reject on the planet.

I am the failure of failures, and I look forward to finally CTB.
F*ck autism.

4g1vvvven

🔍 Looking for the nicest exit 🚪
Feb 14, 2023
Autism is definitely overrepresented on this forum, as you point out it's hugely overrepresented among people who ideate and CTB.

Seems quality of life outcomes are more extreme, people focus on tech billionaires but I've seen it said that autists are much more likely to be homeless, incarcerated, and of-course institutionalised.

I've spent a lot of time focused on such topics, got a diagnosis as an adult and it's just another variable to try make sense of when I'm depressed I suppose.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
I have Asperger's/autism too and I hate it. I don't know why I had to be cursed with this condition. Why me? Why not someone else? It's unfair that I had to have it, if I had a choice, I never would've chosen to have it. The worst thing is that I look normal, and people expect me to be normal and to be able to do the same things as normal people, but I just don't have that many spoons of energy. I don't know how normal people can handle so much without being burnt out. I've been in a state of burnout after college, I failed to launch into the workforce/real world and I'm in freeze mode right now. I wouldn't wish ASD on my worst enemy, it's a struggle, it makes life infinitely harder. It's like playing a video game on hard mode. They really need to develop a cure for this disease.

Last edited:
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
My grandpa thinks that I'll grow out of it,
Fuck, I completely forgot about this. I think this is a really common experience but I'm not sure. This was the same thing my parents thought, that I'd just grow out of it. Yeah, no you don't just suddenly be cured of it but they don't understand that.

expects me to become a successful IT technician. He thinks that people's value comes from their work.
My parents thought the exact same thing. That I was going to graduate college and become this super cool computer wizard and make millions of dollars. Yeah, no. I also just hate the fact you're judged so much on your work, and not based on what kind of person you are. Beginning to think that we might be doppelgangers.

I have an overwhelming desire to be female,
I partially relate to this. I don't have gender dysphoria but I wished I was born female because for some reason I think it would've made my life better because then maybe I wouldn't have been expected to keep all of my pain to myself. I doubt it would've made much of a difference, I would've just been worse off in other areas and better in a few places.

Autism is a curse that I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy. It is an absolutely wretched disorder and has ruined many lives, including mine.
And that's why so many hate their lives. It truly is just horrible. We're given so few resources as well. We're just taught to adapt to everyone else. Which I suppose is fair advice, but I don't want to play by everyone else's rules and spend so much effort doing that.

Seems quality of life outcomes are more extreme, people focus on tech billionaires
Many of those are born with an advantage, usually a financial one from rich parents. I don't really see many stories of pulling yourself up by the bootstraps.
homeless, incarcerated, and of-course institutionalised.
I did think about adding those statistics but I was already going on the 4th hour of research by the time I hit unemployment and decided to be done. It's fucking terrible that so much is set against us and we're expected to be perfect regardless.
It's like playing a video game on hard mode.
I like to think of it as turning on the Elden Ring randomizer mod for someone who's never played a video game before. Everyone else seems to know the rules of the game and can adapt easily, but you're struggling really hard and nobody tells you the rules, they just expect that you know how to play and tell you that you suck for not knowing how to play.
They really need to develop a cure for this disease.
If only. Sadly, I don't think it's possible. We're expected to just cope.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Yeah, fuck autism. I'm worn out by years of years of neurodivergence. I know I'm echoing sentiments here but I hate that it was imposed on me and I was forced to experience the universe and human society in particular through this condition and I hate that escaping it not only isn't facilitated but actively impeded.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I got to know quite some people with autisim, some live happily but especially having rich or performance-orientated parents brings a high risk for autists to suicide or end up in addiction, I think.
I myself am not sure if I m autistic or pseudo-autistic due to severe neglect as a (small) child. But I feel that. Isolation, never really fitting in, envy.....

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, living with autism is difficult and, because of this, I know that I won't live long regardless of whether I ctb or not. Hopefully a cure develops for autism soon

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Boy, a lot of those stats hit very close to home...

One thing that bothers me about having autism is that people will view anything I do as me behaving in a poor way and just "making excuses" when I explain that I can't help it and it's part of my condition. It's only ever mental/neurological disorders that get treated this way. After all, no reasonable person is ever going to get mad at a blind person for not being able to see. And yet, if I engage in a social faux pas, now I'm the bad person. No compassion. No understanding. No accomodations.

All this and more makes me feel like I'm just not meant to be interacting with other people or having close relationships. Why bother, when I'm just going to be judged and mistreated. I'm not meant for this world...

FadingDawn

FadingDawn

Jul 18, 2023
I've also been diagnosed with ASD, when i was about 15, and it's fucking miserable, and hell, and probably a good contribution to why oversall i want to die and can barely function.

C

cursedbynature64

Feb 23, 2024
Men/boys have treated me like sh*t my entire life which contributed to me developing gender dysphoria. I know that there are good men, but my brain doesn't trust them. Girls have always been nicer to me. I have an overwhelming desire to be female, but I know I'm just being delusional. I am too ugly and masculine to ever transition. I now feel like the biggest freak and reject on the planet.

Can relate to this alot. I'd never thought of that as a possible influence on having gender dysphoria, but it totally makes sense. I could never transition either though, it's hard enough trying to fit in as a human, much less a woman.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
One thing that bothers me about having autism is that people will view anything I do as me behaving in a poor way and just "making excuses" when I explain that I can't help it and it's part of my condition. It's only ever mental/neurological disorders that get treated this way. After all, no reasonable person is ever going to get mad at a blind person for not being able to see. And yet, if I engage in a social faux pas, now I'm the bad person. No compassion. No understanding. No accomodations.
One of the only good things one of my therapists said was "It's not you who doesn't understand the world, it's the world who doesn't understand you." Our condition lets us see through some parts of the societal bullshit while other pieces are veiled. People don't seem to like that being pointed out though. People also don't like it when you don't want to play by their rules.

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Student
Jan 11, 2024
Some days the reasons I stay is because of boards and communities of other autistic people - it feels like one of the few 'tribes' where people understand. I don't know if NT folks will ever understand us and I am tired - I'm just tired.

I see a doctor for meds every couple of months and she did the usual list of questions - the 'any suicidal ideation' and I lied through my teeth as i have for so many times before. It kind of gives me some joy that I have my plans and can keep on faking it just a little longer to get the ADHD meds to keep me focused on my plans. So meta :)

The whole irony is the autism that is killing me doesn't have treatment so if there were meds we'd likely all still want to live. You'd think this would be a public health crisis that people have an identified minority with damning statistics around both employment and life expectancy. You'd think people would care. There would be campaigns to help diagnose and do so for free (I had to pay thousands to get mine done). You'd think there would be support knowing so many of us CTB. What I read is a) we don't matter and we're always going to be seen as weird, and b) there are more profitable diseases so why spend money fixing the 'aspie kids'.

I wish I could move and find other ASD friends to help my last year calm and supportive and even some joy before my exit. I've already checked out of society, but having friends would be so lovely. I miss having them.

Last edited:
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Bit of a doomer post here, but frankly, I'm sick and tired of being told that despite being autistic I'm destined to be this great awesome successful person. When I failed that, I was told that it's because I didn't try hard enough. Kind of triggering to hear that I didn't try hard from someone who was born into a rich family was who now makes $200,000 per year because they were able to go to a nice college to make that kind of money and I had to go through 20xs more crap for just a fraction of the success. I know there are a lot of autistic people on this forum who probably feel similarly. I don't know the exact numbers of those with ASD on this forum but I'm assuming it's a high proportion.

Disclaimer if you couldn't figure it out already - I'm making this post out of a place of bitterness and envy (hence my name). Mainly from the fact that people don't know what we have to go through out how horrible our quality of life is, generally. I'm also irritated at how our issues are largely ignored. Sure, we're about 1% of the world population, but there are other groups of a similar population proportion that have gotten national and worldwide attention while we've been sidelined for years which I personally find frustrating that we're still being ignored. I'm not writing this as a way for attention to be brought to it, because let's face it, people have tried and it hasn't worked out. I'm mostly writing this as a way to say "Look at the shit we have to deal with, don't tell me that I need to try harder." This is the only place I'm allowed to do that without the generic "this is so sad I hope society changes" when we know damn well it won't. I know the people who should see this won't, but at least I'll feel better knowing that a couple of people did. I'm just tired of having all the crap I went through being an untold story.

If this doesn't belong here, feel free to let me know.

Feel free to offer criticisms for this as I'm just some rando and am not the best and research as I've been out of it for a few years. Plus, I have an obvious bias here considering I'm digging for negative statistics. Read at your own peril as this is going to be a very negative post. Also, it's very long.

Life Expectancy & Suicide:

Surprisingly it's been very difficult to find consistent research on this. I've seen some research indicating that some people with autism have a life expectancy of 39 years (first paragraph in abstract). Other sources say it's at around the 50s. Some say it's in the early 70s. I'd like to think it's somewhere in the middle, so I'll go with the 50s. This doesn't mean you're going to die of old age at 50, since life expectancy statistics are often skewed by childhood deaths. On that topic, one of the leading causes of death is accidental injuries such as drowning, especially among children. If it's not that, then, generally from the research I've found, the next leading cause of death is suicide. Yes, that's right, it's the second leading cause of death. Not only that but despite being such a small fraction of the population, they make up 11% of those suicides, particularly among women. You'll see why it's so high in the next part. Here's another source that says the same thing though this one's study is missing, but I've seen it cited by other outlets a lot.

Victimization:

This is perhaps the worst part that I found. And here I thought I was the exception, but no, it's apparently the norm. This source cites several studies that suggest autistic people have about an 89% victimization rate, with 92% being poly-victims, meaning, they're victimized more than once. Examples would include: assault, abuse (physical, sexual, emotional), neglect, etc. Even worse, about 40-50% of autistic adults reported being sexually abused, with almost 9/10 autistic women having been sexually abused. That statistic is so high that I really want to believe that it's untrue, but having experienced it myself and knowing just how cruel people are I'm unfortunately not too shocked. This is just among their childhood btw, this isn't even accounting adulthood. For male victims like myself, I, unfortunately, wasn't able to find anything substantial, nothing unusual since male victims still aren't given much light. I know I wasn't given any. Their 40-50% range is probably a decent estimate considering there's nothing else to go on.
I just want to say that between the 89% victimization rate, and the the rates among women, just. I don't even think I can say anything. How can you have this many people being tortured by others and nobody knows about it? How can you possibly have such a shocking statistic and nothing is done? I fucking hate the world. Starting to see why the life expectancy is so low, and suicide rates so high? And yet...

Bullying, Friendships, Psychological Problems:

This presentation from the UK government says that 70% of autistic children have a psychological problem, with 40% having 2 or more. Bear in mind this is something diagnosable like depression, and that's only if you get it diagnosed. You can still have undiagnosed psychological problems. Unsurprisingly too, lots of autistic people are bullied, over 60%, though I hate to cite autism speaks as a source considering they don't cite their evidence, but I wanted to try to provide readable sources instead of those nerdy academic journals I've been putting in. Even if they're not a good source, most evidence says you're going to be bullied for being born different. That's how people are. They might claim that they're oh so accepting of people who are different, but they're really not. As far as friendships go, "A study of parent reports of friendships indicated 34% of autistic children had at least one good friend, compared to 71% of children with other disabilities and 93% of neurotypical children without disabilities". Have fun being a loner! Part of me wonders if the male loneliness epidemic we've been hearing about is related to autistic traits, considering men are much more likely to be autistic. Can't really say for sure.

Employment:

This is the last one, and I'm done with statistics. It's a quick one. 85% of autistic people are unemployed. Probably has something to do with all the things I have just talked about. I mean, I know I don't want to get a job right now due to my psychological problems. Plus the inability to communicate like normal people, and just generally being off makes you less employable.

My Closing Thoughts:

Remember, you can be just like Elon Musk! Your autism makes you better than everyone else, and your struggles will reward you greatly! If only that were the case. As I said before, I wrote this to show all the people who told me I didn't try hard enough that they were wrong. I, objectively, had to deal with so much more shit for so much less reward. These stats are going into my note once I decide it's time. Maybe that'll finally give it some attention. I mean, a lot of the sources I put down offer so many solutions, but guess what? It's still a huge fucking problem, isn't it? We still have to deal with crushing loneliness. We still have to deal with being victims of people who are more than willing to prey on weakness. We are expected to be successful despite the torment we face, and evidence showing the contrary. I know, that it isn't entirely the fault of the outside world, and that the individual does have some amount of responsibility but I know damn well those people who told me it was 100% my fault are wrong. I'm tired of the idea that we are 100% at fault for our own circumstances. They can fuck off. I'd love to see them live with just half of the experience. I could've listed 5 more points here since there's so much shit to deal with but I figured these were the big ones.

So, if anyone tells you you can be great despite your disability, remind them of how much more you put in, and how much less you get out of it. Maybe then they'll change their tune. I know that there are a lot of people with ASD who haven't had these experiences and are pretty content with their lives, but these are the only examples that are used. They use positive examples of success to hide how much people suffer. I get it, you want people to have hope. But when this many people are suffering you can't just hide it with positivity. In fact, this doesn't even apply to ASD. It applies to everyone. So many people blame you as a person for your suffering. They don't seem to realize just how much luck plays into it.

Will anything be done about these crises? I doubt it. This has been a problem for decades now. To this day very little is done. The only thing to do is just keep coping. Which really sucks. I wish I didn't have to live a life of coping simply because I was born differently. ASD is the reason I'm ctbing. I never realized just how much it affected me. I used to genuinely believe the people who blamed me. I know better now. If you were blamed by everyone, regardless if you have ASD or not, know that it objectively, is not 100% your fault. The people saying it are asses that have their heads in the clouds.

If you read this far. Thanks. I hope you got something out of it.

Honestly I'm so sick of people deciding what's best for me and what I need without ever asking me or listening to a single word I say. Coz how could I possibly know what I'm talking about? Not to talk about all the times nt's bagatalizes it when I say that I either can't or don't have the energy to do something and then procceeds to pressure me to do it just coz it's easy to them. Well fuck them coz I'm not nt, it's not fucking "quick and easy" to me just bc it is to them!

trytrytryagain

trytrytryagain

Nov 30, 2023
I used to be happy for the fact that I was able to figure out what I had, and then get diagnosed at 19... But I think knowing, and furthermore, knowing that there's nothing I can do to change the world into treating me better makes me feel so much dread.

I was bullied by peers, 'friends', teachers, partners... I feel like no matter how much I change, I can't make people see me as not 'off'.

Not to mention, the SA statistic... to me, it's absolutely true. Not only does it happen more often to autistic women (and I feel like that statistic is not far off for men and others too), but it's been shown to happen more often a second time or more. It's like whenever I get better, something like that happens again.

I wish people were kinder, I wish I could be like NTs and hide from being victimized, but I just can't.

I don't think I want a cure, because despite everything, I like me (kinda). But obviously, nothing will change.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Bit of a doomer post here
This is great research. I have always suspected a mainstream conspiracy to cover up the harsh reality of this condition. Even anecdotally, ASD is grossly over-represented on this forum.

Also worth pointing out that being subjected to constant maltreatment is a recipe for C-PTSD, which will further multiply the symptoms like difficulty in making authentic social bonds.

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
It makes me angry when I hear neurotypical people say "there's nothing wrong with having autism!" and "we shouldn't be looking to gene therapy to 'cure' autistic people!" This stuff ruins people's lives. You may not understand what it is like to be castigated by society for being different but we do. Not giving our disorder the benefit of treatment consideration is belittling and harmful. It IS a disorder that negatively impacts us all. They're fine with treating ADHD, OCD, and depression which are all hereditary (50% hereditable for severe depression; ADHD can also be caused by lead exposure). Why is autism suddenly not a contender? Autism is inherited (60-90% of it is genomic) (source). I have sickle cell trait which means half of my blood cells are sickle shaped and can't transport oxygen efficiently. I can't run as long as others because of it. There is gene therapy now available for it to fix that gene. Why should not autism be on the list of things to fix? My life would have been so much better had I not been born with autism. I'm not saying it would have been best if I'd not been born at all. But life would have been better if my autism had been fixed.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
This is great research. I have always suspected a mainstream conspiracy to cover up the harsh reality of this condition. Even anecdotally, ASD is grossly over-represented on this forum.

Also worth pointing out that being subjected to constant maltreatment is a recipe for C-PTSD, which will further multiply the symptoms like difficulty in making authentic social bonds.
I suspect that rather than being a conspiracy, this is a fact.

Imagine this: MSM extensively starts to push that autistic people have terrible lives, are inferior to normal people, and do not fit in.
Normal people now perceive autistic people as inherently different from themselves, leading to further discrimination against them. Why? To eliminate them from the gene pool. It's the same reason you might care more about your relatives, friends, etc., surviving rather than some random dude who does not share anything in common with you, blood, ideology, etc. (I am exaggerating, but let me know if the idea is not clear...)

~~~

To the OP, thank you for your research.

I'm not writing this as a way for attention to be brought to it, because let's face it, people have tried and it hasn't worked out. I'm mostly writing this as a way to say "Look at the shit we have to deal with, don't tell me that I need to try harder."
No one will read about it if they don't want to care, just as no one will buy a product if they don't want it...