• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

⚰️
Apr 17, 2023
Other customers at stores, people you don't need to talk to

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
It depends on how I am feeling, and what I am doing. Certain individuals can become aggressive if you look at them for even a millisecond, and others will be offended if you do not look at them at all; this is why generally I prefer to keep to myself.

Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Varies. Its funny, when I'm at my worst I tend to smile and look people in the eye

Reactions: cgrtt.brns
psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
I don't like making eye contact with certain people and I find it hard to but I still try my best so then they don't think I'm not listening or paying attention or I just look at their forehead or shoulder but I hate when people stare at me or make eye contact with me for no reason so if I stranger were to do that again I think it would be funny to give them a stare like the bear costume scene in The Shining or a A24 stare or an It Follows stare

Float On Okay

Float On Okay

I won’t be okay.
May 13, 2020
I struggle with it but out in public I try not to think about it too much.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I attempt to make a dubious effort to look people in the eye, but it's extremely difficult to both actively listen and maintain eye contact at the same time.

I feel almost nauseous just looking at people. Eyes are like the gateway to the soul, and the only way I can describe it is that it's like I'm staring into the eyes of a lover…which feels way too intimate for me.

CloudyNight

CloudyNight

Wake me up before you go go
Apr 15, 2023
Ya, I look people in the eyes just what I was taught from a young age.

• Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1
hag

hag

Mar 29, 2023
Yes, and smile, and often ask how they are, or make a small joke depending on circumstances. I've always been excruciatingly shy, and have to force myself to look at people and say something. It's gotten better over the years, but still difficult.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I probably do if I talk to them but otherwise- no- that feels a bit intrusive.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

⚰️
Apr 17, 2023
I have PTSD and look every passer-by in the eye. I hate the anxious feeling.

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i used to believe everyone was staring at me so i would look at everyone in the eyes to make sure they werent, but the funny thing about that is when someone feels you are looking at their eyes they will immediately look at you. i still believe everyone is staring at me but i have to remind myself not to check bc i know logically its less likely they will stare if i dont look at them, but its really hard and makes me feel really insecure and scared in public. i wish i could wear sunglasses and a mask all the time but then people would definitely stare at me, but at least they wouldnt be able to recognise my face or look into my eyes so it would feel less invasive.
during conversations tho i hate looking people in the eyes, i make the effort to sometimes just to make sure they know im paying attention but its so painful.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
I'm awful with eye contact but that may just be the autism talking. I have attempted to do so after being told it's the socially acceptable thing to do, but when I do it I have to force myself and it makes me look like I'm on drugs or even crazier than I already am. I tend to lean towards extremes, either staring creepily at people or not looking at them at all.

Reactions: cgrtt.brns