M

Muri

dead and gone
Nov 6, 2018
I often spend days awake so my sleep schedule is all over the place. I typically sleep 3pm - 7 pm most days.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Jodes and Weeping Garbage Can
Thoughtforms

Thoughtforms

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
I have 2 rounds of sleep

10pm-3am then 5am-8am.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Jodes, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I sleep minimum 12 hours. When really depressed that goes up to 14-16 and I top it off with as many more hours as I can tolerate under the covers desperate for less awareness. It's not sustainable, I'm worthless.

Obviously it's to avoid life and I've got a bit too good at it maybe, so naturally I'm a night owl. I rarely see another human bieng if I don't want to.

OMFG someone shoot me now I'm a disgrace beyond words. I can't live with my shame. But there really no

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, dysfunctional and Deafsn0w
E

Essie

Student
Oct 20, 2018
When do you go to bed/fall asleep and when do you wake up?

For a couple of months now I have been staying up so late and fall asleep usually between 4-6am but in the last week it´s more closer to 5-6am and I wake up between 12-2pm. I just want to know if I am the only one doing this it would make me feel better knowing I am not the only one doing this, it´s 4:10am now in Denmark and I don´t feel tired at all and can´t get myself to bed even though I have absolutely NOTHING to do.

I have lived my whole entire adult life basically on your schedule--20 yrs. The norm would be going to sleep around 6-7am and getting up about 3p. (Now I go to sleep 7am, wake 7-9pm b/c I am injured and need more sleep.) I revolve my schedule, though, so I can be up at anytime and go to sleep at anytime, but the NORM is basically that. My husband was the same as me till we started a business a decade ago, and he needed to be up, so he started going to bed earlier--first 4am, now 1am w/ a toddler.

I do have insomnia that keeps me up for up to 72 hrs, more likely 24. So that messes up "the schedule," but I always naturally get it back. Go to sleep whereabouts when it gets light...

I am a creative person, and I read that creative people tend to do this. They also said that scientifically, it could be a small percentage of the population are "night owls" so that they can be "lookouts" and save the tribe from harm during the night, so they are genetically programmed to do this. Not sure if I buy that, but my brother is a lot like me and works late nights to accommodate; whereas his wife is "normal." My parents also used to stay up late--my mom till 1am minimum till she got a different job.

But NOTHING I do changes it for more than a few weeks. My body goes to GREAT lengths to always get this night owl schedule back, even if it needs to keep me up 72 hrs.

If it is not interfering with your life, it is all right. It was much better for me to work with no distractions and much nicer to grocery shop at off hours, lol.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Weeping Garbage Can and Deafsn0w
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
They also said that scientifically, it could be a small percentage of the population are "night owls" so that they can be "lookouts" and save the tribe from harm during the night, so they are genetically programmed to do this.
Save from harm from the likes of ME!! Mwahahaha I give myself the creeps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Deafsn0w
Deafsn0w

Deafsn0w

I will buy you a dog if you like my posts
Sep 4, 2018
I'm basically dead for 9 hours everyday.
12am-9am

Reactions: Red star, Weeping Garbage Can and Jodes
muretax

muretax

Alien
Nov 13, 2018
For me it really depends, my sleeping patterns are rather unstable but on average I'm in bed between 11pm-1am and awake by 9-10am with the occasional sleeping in until 12pm

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
3/4am and wake up around 11am/12pm.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
I wake up at 6-7 pm every morning, and go to bed 11 am. I love to sleep. When sleeping I have no pain, no dreams, no worries. I wish I could sleep through the winter. It's so cold and dark in Norway now. No sun, no snow. I'll spend most of today in bed, that's how cold it is (luckily I have a dog, so I'll have to take him out in the forrest).