• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

RobynHood

Aug 23, 2019
I don't really know what I want out of life. But I know I'm in serenity when I'm driving at night with someone in the passenger seat, or being driven by someone, through empty streets. Little things like holding hands while driving and listening to music makes me look forward to tomorrow. I can't really think of anything else at the moment that makes me feel more alive, perhaps I haven't experienced that much yet. I don't know, but being in a car with someone you like is such a personal experience. Thinking back to every time I held hands with a beautiful girl in a car, I remember just feeling like I was right for the first time. I would really love if someone I admired took me for a ride right now.

But it reminds me of this old poem from a few years ago: You Are Jeff by Richard Siken

"You're in a car with a beautiful boy, and he won't tell you that he loves you, but he loves you. And you feel like you've done something terrible, like robbed a liquor store, or swallowed pills, or shoveled yourself a grave in the dirt, and you're tired. You're in a car with a beautiful boy, and you're trying not to tell him that you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling, and you're trembling, but he reaches over and he touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist, and you feel your heart taking root in your body, like you've discovered something you didn't even have a name for."

The author really describes the feeling well. Anyway. When do you feel most at peace?

Last edited:
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I guess I felt most at peace when I used to go for walks in the middle of the night. Empty streets make me feel warm inside.
Love that too I actually came back half an hour ago from an hour long walk (although just walked at a football field recording a vlog) it´s so nice and quiet in the night the world is just paused for a moment and the cool night air is so refreshing and I love the beauty, nostalgia and wonder of the star clear sky the nights where they are visable.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Sometimes the most mundane activity can be tonic - for example, a simple rubber band powered model airplane can take one's mind off shit - assuming one enjoys model airplanes, but with the accompanying music in this presentation, I swear that it feels like time stops for 4 and a half minutes:

Reactions: ThreeJack
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Only when I'm asleep these days. The only way I feel peace is when I don't feel anything at all.

Reactions: Egddios
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
when there is no sound in the world but music, when the house falls silent, when the only sounds of life are breaths through the night. when music breaks through the silence, just calm, dark, warmth, nothingness but losing myself in the sound of epic country/rock (Jennymusic on you tube is my go to playlist)

Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
When I'm playing a Zelda game, late at night when no one will bother me.

Reactions: Egddios
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I don't really know what I want out of life. But I know I'm in serenity when I'm driving at night with someone in the passenger seat, or being driven by someone, through empty streets. Little things like holding hands while driving and listening to music makes me look forward to tomorrow. I can't really think of anything else at the moment that makes me feel more alive, perhaps I haven't experienced that much yet. I don't know, but being in a car with someone you like is such a personal experience. Thinking back to every time I held hands with a beautiful girl in a car, I remember just feeling like I was right for the first time. I would really love if someone I admired took me for a ride right now.

But it reminds me of this old poem from a few years ago: You Are Jeff by Richard Siken

"You're in a car with a beautiful boy, and he won't tell you that he loves you, but he loves you. And you feel like you've done something terrible, like robbed a liquor store, or swallowed pills, or shoveled yourself a grave in the dirt, and you're tired. You're in a car with a beautiful boy, and you're trying not to tell him that you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling, and you're trembling, but he reaches over and he touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist, and you feel your heart taking root in your body, like you've discovered something you didn't even have a name for."

The author really describes the feeling well. Anyway. When do you feel most at peace?
At night in bed, with my cats. I love to listen to creepypastas and music while drifting into sleep.

alexithymia

alexithymia

Student
Sep 18, 2019
In bed at night.

I've always felt safest in my home at night. It's like the darkness outside is a massive blanket. I feel worse during the day. I spent most of my days waiting for it to be night again.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'd say I'm the most content when I'm listening to Vangelis or I'm outside on a nice day and no ones around

Reactions: Susannah
B

brain problems

defective
May 31, 2019
Not necessarily "at peace" though whenever I really get into a book, movie, video game ect. I can tune out from reality and live in another universe for awhile. Not having to hear my own thoughts is the best! ^o^/

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
When thinking about catching the bus.

Reactions: Nem
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
Music and dancing is my favorite therapy. I love to "escape" into the forest, on my own, or with my dog. I also love the sun, but living in a cold country, I read/watch lots of travelling stuff, and dream away.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Sometimes listening to opera can also stop time: