• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
I was eleven. I was being physically/emotionally abused by my parents and being bullied in school for not understand social cues and norms.

• Hugs
Reactions: juna and AshersGirl
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I was 10 the first time I self harmed intentionally. When I was younger than that I would get so angry I was start pulling my hair and hitting myself, but I didn't do it with the intent of hurting myself. By the time I was 10 I had already been depressed for a year and I didn't know what to do. I had heard about self harm online and knew people did it when they were sad. I also knew it was a bad thing you were supposed to hide. So I debated it for days, and then one night I took my little safety scissors and starts scissoring my wrist. They were very superficial, it was safety scissors after all, and I was embarrassed afterwards. A couple of weeks later they started to bleed more as I continued to do it and it scared me so I told my mom.

• Hugs
Reactions: juna
X

xhelx

decayed beyond recognition
Mar 1, 2024
Did it the first time at 11, but I only started doing it regularly at 12, and it got from maybe once a week to several times a day. I was a traumatized child and I still can't deal with anything without some unhealthy coming mechanism, and at the time self harming was the only one easily available and somewhat easy to hide. It's been about 2 years since I stopped doing it daily, meanwhile I picked up other bad habits, but I still think about it all the time and I fear that the urge will never go away

• Hugs
bookgirl

bookgirl

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
Mar 31, 2024
I started hurting myself when I was 14

astrals

astrals

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
started when i was 12 in middle school. my sister did it in the past so was curious how it was a good cope. wasn't very often until i was about 16. now i find it hard to go more than 3 days without sh. started likely because it worked as cope for me.

Reactions: Goku Black
ArgentApricot

ArgentApricot

Certified Shamash Hater
Apr 6, 2024
2-3 months ago, i was sharpening my knives for work on this new stone that i imported, it's become a bit of a relaxing ritual for me and so i usually do it when stressed. I de-burred my petty and to test it out i took away some hairs from my arm, i accidentally cut myself. this was the first time this happened in years outside of work, and it felt really good, from there on i tried again and again, just kept cutting while i was getting into some kind of high. since then it's escalated pretty badly.

Should note, i'm very masochistic with my partners, so i think that's how i kept it at bay for so long.

• Wow
Reactions: achb
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Started when I was 12? Or 13, I did it for fun because I liked craving things into my flesh I started doing it as a release later. Then as a self punishment.

L

LifelessStranger

Will be gone 'till the fall
Mar 6, 2024
I've never self harmed. Why? I don't want to add physical pain to the emotional one which I usually experience and I don't want to leave scars on my body just in case I'd get alright.

astrichaoz

astrichaoz

And if I were someone else, would this be easier?
Apr 15, 2024
Started when I was 12 and did it for a while. Picked it back up again at like 16 and I still struggle with it. I like the feeling and the relief it gives me. It's like my mind goes quiet for a brief moment. I also feel like I deserve it ig, idk.

A

achb

Student
Oct 23, 2023
Middle school. I'm not in a habit of it; it's mostly a distraction when I get in the mood to. I cut shallow. Started with being really bored while cleaning, and I found a broken mug. I cut up my hands and parts of my arm. Then I stole some razors. I still use razor blades (safer than alternatives). Usually I get the urge if I'm really fucking bored or if I'm bored and tense so I wanna relax a bit.

I guess I also hit myself? But that feels a bit different. It's like I'm so tense and overwhelmed I need to somehow reset. Hitting my head, hitting something else, or banging my head against the wall does the trick.

xsa

xsa

july 3rd
Oct 7, 2023
I started when I was 12, I think. I was getting bullied, nobody liked me, my parents were treating me like shit. I think my parents knew I was cutting myself, though they've never done anything to sotp it. One time my step father came to me and said I left a bloodied blade in the bathroom and just gave me it. I was young and not in my right mind, so I took that as a permission to cut myself, I guess. I still do it til this day, just calm down a bit

homesoon.

homesoon.

i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶.̶
Apr 15, 2024
I started off and on around the age of 12 with the coming of depression and childhood trauma, then started doing it more heavily around 14-16. I've struggled with it ever since. The longest I've been clean is about 1-2 years, just for something to happened and it starts over. It started as self-punishment, turned into a bad coping mechanism, repeat.

Myers

Myers

I just want a hug please.
Apr 15, 2023
Earliest memory I have of self-harm is from when I was 5 . I had a lot of family issues and being 5 was tough for me because that was when I got molested by my uncle.

chobonzi

chobonzi

heartbroken
Apr 13, 2024
I started with 12 and it was out of hatred for myself and my friends. I just needed to let energy out.
when i was like 12 or 13 i started cutting after my dad CTB. not too much longer was my first attempt. i'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you

AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
I think I started with trichotillomania when I was 6/7… the drs didn't seem to have a name for it then, they just knew I was pulling hair out, and they made me sleep in mittens. Nobody really questioned WHY though.

I was probably 12/13 when I started burning myself, then cutting. The physical pain quieted my mind. My emotions would get so heightened that it felt like there were insects crawling under my skin and I just wanted to scratch and scratch and scratch to get them out: self harm was a release, it for a brief time, it gave me respite from the emotions I wasn't able/equipped to process. It was my default coping mechanism for several years.

Root cause is BPD and difficulty with emotional regulation/intensity, but the BPD manifested as a result of early trauma (abuse/abandonment).

gingermacie

gingermacie

head in the clouds
Apr 5, 2024
I started picking at my skin at 10 when I first got acne. The OCD kicked in.

yxmux

yxmux

¥~¥
Apr 16, 2024
never cut, but i'm thinking of trying it. i tend to cry a lot, even when i'm bored, and that's usually enough of a relief, but it's starting to not feel like enough.

cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, bad writing ,often missing words
Apr 8, 2024
I fall out of line as I don't cut, but I started punching myself on the head a few years ago.

ArgentApricot

ArgentApricot

Certified Shamash Hater
Apr 6, 2024
never cut, but i'm thinking of trying it. i tend to cry a lot, even when i'm bored, and that's usually enough of a relief, but it's starting to not feel like enough.
I can't say it doesn't provide relief, what i can say is it's incredibly addictive and it escalates quick. It's like smoking, you don't have to quit if you don't start.

J

juna

Death is the only truth...
Mar 4, 2024
Cutting takes a lot of courage. I have never tried self harming, although when I used to get angry as a kid, I used to take a knife and lock myself in my room, while my mother used to ask me to not do anything and come out. But I was very logical. I knew I wasn't going to die by cutting, so why bother. On the other hand, if I had a sure shot way of dying then, I know I would have taken it.

Denza

Denza

breaking down woohoo
Apr 15, 2024
I started earlier this year after my girlfriend broke up with me.
Just recently got back into it after I got a razor again

It's sorta relieving in a fucked up way. Atleast the rush it gives me is something that overpowers how sad I feel when I look back to my relationship

Ash

Ash

Warlock
Oct 4, 2021
12 or 13, I think. Possibly younger. But I didn't know what self harm was until much, much later. I just knew that it helped when I felt low. I did it off and on in my 20s but not so you'd really notice. Then things got really bad in my 30s and I started doing it with a sharp blade. So many scars now it doesn't seem worth the energy to stop. 🤷

• Hugs
Reactions: lixt
lixt

lixt

Entropy guides me until death reaches me.
Dec 14, 2023
I started at 10-11 by pulling out hair and I then moved to cutting. I believe I've done it because I deep down knew I somehow deserved it. It is so addictive I can't stop harming myself, although I have to force myself out of cutting in the summer for reasons I think are obvious.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash
xoirse

xoirse

caffeine overdose
Feb 15, 2024
i was 11, i think everything i've done to keep myself calm and keep myself from thinking of the reason i was so miserable wasn't working really well anymore and my bottled feelings just built up and i felt like i wanna unleash it somewhere. it was so fast, i wasn't thinking really clear. i was hyperfixated on how bad everything feels inside of me. i've been struggling with it ever since. it was my way of coping things because i have no one else to talk to or other ways that are satisfying and relieving enough to actually release how i feel.