sorella santini

sorella santini

Jan 19, 2021
I envy those who can sleep more than 6 hours straight. I always wake wishing for more.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. Hypnagogia can cause some anxiety for me sometimes but when I realize what's going on and try to stay calm, I can usually redirect the fear back to peace and euphoria. I wish I had that power in my waking life. I do sometimes see apparitions and it is definitely scary. My thing is that it often starts by feeling like I'm floating upward into the sky and into space (or sinking into my bed and falling into space) and I start to kind of freak out that I'm going to fly into the sun or some scary object and it's usually seeing the object getting closer that starts to make me panic. The sensation of total weightlessness (zero G-force) is usually present. It's so crazy you can feel that in your dreams or hallucinations. Also, flying into black nothingness can be equally unsettling sometimes. Then I'll remember it's not real and force myself to enjoy the sensation of flying, and then flying into a star or something will usually transport me to another deeper and more detailed hallucination. Kind of like it's a doorway to the next level. So freaking weird. I notice hypnagogia usually sets me up for a lucid dream, which is pretty cool too. Falling asleep while meditating usually causes both too, which is the only reason I meditate.. to hallucinate haha.
The only time I experience a sense of flying was when I was high and it was fun lol

I've also experienced hallucinations outside of sleep which have scared the shit outta me like one time I was relaxing on my bed and when I opened my eyes 3 seconds later, I saw this weird looking light figure thing that was over my bed

• Hugs
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme
imsorrythatimhere

imsorrythatimhere

They/He
Jan 18, 2021
My sleeping schedule differs a lot, sometimes i get four hours of sleep and sometimes i get 10.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I love sleeping because it's so peaceful. Sadly, I have insomnia and it's really hard for me to get a lot of sleep.

Reactions: Lmd
Tbest

Tbest

Feb 9, 2021
Sleep schedule completely F up. Some nights i dont sleep at all or have only 2-3 hours of sleep and sometimes i just wanna sleep and never wake up, there are days where i sleep for 10+ hours because i didnt wanted to wake up so i keep going back to sleep just so i could go back to my random and weird dreams

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
We're that couple that keeps trying to make it work, but ends up being on again, off again.

I'll sleep 5-6 hrs straight one day, then not sleep for 24-30hrs, then have days where I sleep for 2-3 hrs at a time- consecutive naps.

• Love
Reactions: abruptum, Lmd, Dr Iron Arc and 1 other person
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
You want to know about my relationship with sleep? We keep breaking up and getting back together again, so it's a bit complicated, I must say...

• Love
Reactions: abruptum and NodusTollens
P

Polly1

Jan 31, 2021
Highly adversarial. Can't sleep without meds and wake up between 2-4am. Can't get back to sleep without meds, which will make me too groggy for work.

• Aww..
Reactions: NodusTollens
soap

soap

Pronounced dead
Jan 14, 2021
Full bladder keeps me up most nights, but even before that i never slept well

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I love it. It does not love me.

Whenever I try to sleep, my mind thinks it's a good idea to start bombarding me with memories of things I have done wrong in my life and play them over and over again in my head.

"You want to sleep?" asks my brain at 2 am. "Oh goodie, here's a memory from the 5th grade when you said something stupid. Make sure you think of it for half an hour and feel really bad about ut."

I would probably never be able to catch any sleep without mindfulness. I practise mindfulness to quiet my mind and fight anxiety.

Last edited:
N

nihility

May 25, 2020
Awful. I get 3 or 4 hours a night if I'm lucky. Sometimes I dont sleep for several days at a time. It's part of the reason I want to ctb.

ISeeRed

ISeeRed

Oct 12, 2020
I take 2 5mg melatonin gummies before bed. I would normally sleep 8 hours if I didn't have to get up at least 4 times in the middle of the night to use the restroom(probably tmi)

WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
I always had unorganized sleep habits, i would stay up until morning and sleep during the day, then by the time i somehow get myself to do some basics, it's already night and i can't sleep now, sometimes not sleeping at all and i feel like i like this way better, and when I'm tired due sleep deprivation im not much angry and anxious

nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I sleep a lot ... I face hard time getting out of bed

L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
From now i will try not to sleep until my final day comes

killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
before my injury I used to hate sleep I thought it was a waste of time we could spend enjoying life. However now that my life is living hell, I like sleep, it's like being dead without hurting my family. All I do during the day is waiting for my time to sleep. It's the only thing I have to look forward to. And I hate waking up, the shock of what my reality has become hits me hard.

DunnoWhyButYeah

DunnoWhyButYeah

~*-*~
Apr 3, 2020
Unreliable and unhealthy. He often leaves me alone, promises to come but doesn't come and makes me anxious.
Sometimes we do well and we are together every day for many hours, everything goes so easily but then he starts again that hurtful behavior with me...

I can't leave him and he don't want to leave me, I hope he someday still loves me back and we can be happy together x)

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Get too much of it but still feel I never get enough.

Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I've been having a lot of nightmares and broken sleep recently. Starting to miss the days of depression naps XD

RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
I take sleeping pills so I could experience being awake less. I sleep around 12 hrs a day.

theresonlyonewayout

theresonlyonewayout

Student
Jan 31, 2021
Love - hate. I love it and it hates me.

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I usually only sleep 6 hours at night but then I will have an hour nap in the afternoon. I like sleeping because I very rarely remember any dreams I have so it's sort of like timeout.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Sleep is when the nightmares come

nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
I always was a long sleeper and I still love my 10+ hour naps! Never had energy as a kid into my now adult years due to an eating disorder but the feeling of absolute exhaustion despite sleeping a long time does feel great:) I love to sleep the days away because it keeps me from my negative thoughts, my only downside is my nightmares):

Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
Jan 7, 2021
My relationship with sleep is almost non-existent, now that I have tinnitus.

Reactions: FuneralCry
SheJumped

SheJumped

Student
May 14, 2019
I use to sleep 7-8 hours a night. For the past year and a half, I struggle with falling asleep and will average 4 - 5 hours.

M.M

M.M

Apr 10, 2021
I use sleeping pills once or twice during the week and it has stabilized my sleep.
I sleep around 6-8 hours normally, but 12-13 hours on sleeping pills.

I've always been a long sleeper.

Reactions: FuneralCry
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
When my tinnitus was at its worse last year I think that was an factor in determining my sleep. I have however had periods of hypersomina recently but now i'm more the other way round. At least sleep is a like a trial period of death which is why I like it so much.

Jemo_

Jemo_

No_other_way_outta_this_sh#thole
Apr 22, 2021
For me I think since I feel into depression I have always had an intimate relationship with sleep. I just can't seem to get myself out of bed at times. Can't get enough of it. Guess it's my way of escaping reality.