• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Surfsup

Surfsup

Cowabunga
Feb 1, 2023
When it comes to anime, most people would say their favorite is either One Piece or Naruto, but I'm interested in hearing about more obscure anime that no one talks about. Personally mine is Death Note, which is pretty ironic, but that could change! :)

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
To be honest, I'm not sure what really qualifies as "obscure". My 3 favorites are Cardcaptor Sakura, Black Butler, and Hunter X Hunter, but those are all very mainstream, so I'll list off 10 that I love that I don't really see people talk much about.

Hourou Musuko
Stop!! Hibari-kun!
Super Lovers
Happy Sugar Life
Gakuen Alice
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!
Love Stage!!
Maria†Holic
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Nekopara

Surfsup

Surfsup

Cowabunga
Feb 1, 2023
To be honest, I'm not sure what really qualifies as "obscure". My 3 favorites are Cardcaptor Sakura, Black Butler, and Hunter X Hunter, but those are all very mainstream, so I'll list off 10 that I love that I don't really see people talk much about.

Hourou Musuko
Stop!! Hibari-kun!
Super Lovers
Happy Sugar Life
Gakuen Alice
Love Stage!!
Maria†Holic
Nekopara
Haven't heard any of those except Happy Sugar Life (currently watching!) but I'll definitely check them out :)

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Haven't heard any of those except Happy Sugar Life (currently watching!) but I'll definitely check them out :)
I just recently rewatched Happy Sugar Life, and I bought all the volumes of the manga that are available in English. The only one to not get an English release yet is vol 11, which is a non-canon collection of extras, so I have the full story in my library.

bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
kuzu no honkai is my favourite!

i read more yuri-romance manga nowadays though like:
bloom into you, whisper me a love song, and one that hits home for me is my lesbian experience with loneliness.

Hourou Musuko
Stop!! Hibari-kun!
Super Lovers
Happy Sugar Life
Gakuen Alice
Love Stage!!
Maria†Holic
Nekopara
omg i forgot about super lovers...

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
omg i forgot about super lovers...
Not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting anyone to recognize Super Lovers. I really enjoy BL (yaoi) a lot, but I've been trying to look into more GL (yuri) lately. I recently bought a GL manga called My Cute Little Kitten, but I haven't read it yet.

Hourou Musuko actually has a bi trans girl as its protagonist, and she ends up dating her older sister's friend. There's one scene where Anna (girlfriend) tells Nitori (protag) that she's fine with being considered a lesbian because she just loves Nitori, which I thought was really cute and wholesome. Hourou Musuko hits close to home for me, for obvious reasons.

Also, this may just be my brainrot, but is your username in reference to the main heroine of Tottoko Hamtarou?

Reactions: Rocinante
Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
i will always reccomend the claymore manga - my library has it so i dont know how ""obscure"" it is, but whatever lol.

its basically about a bunch of girls mixed with monster flesh that go around killing monsters, focused on the weakest girl. i will warn that the young kid the protag picks up becomes her love interest by the end of the series??? its rlly fucking weird.

its already completed, long enough to enjoy but short enough to finish (27 volumes if i remember correctly), and the monster designs are really fucking cool.

i thinkkk you can probably find a translation on mangadex? ill have to go check and reread it while im there LOL (edit: first 5 chapters then a skip to chapter 50 of 200... maybe go find a diff website lol)

Last edited:
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
Also, this may just be my brainrot, but is your username in reference to the main heroine of Tottoko Hamtarou?

ah no it's not >.< but i know the anime/manga you're talking about! i just speak some french and it means "jewel"

catowice

catowice

I'm not from katowice!
Jun 17, 2022
Etotama!

I know, it's not Onimai ._. That one I only like the manga, there are well-hidden meanings, and the anime strays too much into the fanservice territory

GeneralPanda199

GeneralPanda199

Feb 1, 2023
Personally i like watching the K-On anime. I haven't finished all the episodes yet but it looks great. Also not sure if it's considered mainstream or not but i absolutely loved Demon Slayer anime along with the movie (Rest in peace Rengoku). And i also used to be (and still kinda am) a fan of Hetalia :D.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Etotama!

I know, it's not Onimai ._. That one I only like the manga, there are well-hidden meanings, and the anime strays too much into the fanservice territory
Maybe I'm just desensitized, but I've been keeping up with Onimai and haven't seen much fanservice at all. My only gripe is that they keep showing gameplay from a bad fighting game when there are plenty of good fighting games that they could've picked (or they could've just chosen to not include any gameplay at all).

Reactions: catowice
catowice

catowice

I'm not from katowice!
Jun 17, 2022
Maybe I'm just desensitized, but I've been keeping up with Onimai and haven't seen much fanservice at all. My only gripe is that they keep showing gameplay from a bad fighting game when there are plenty of good fighting games that they could've picked (or they could've just chosen to not include any gameplay at all).
Maybe I'm misdefining "fanservice", or there are other things I just simply find better in the reading format. It definitely ranks high on my fav manga list.

Etotama still my favorite anime though! ;_; Sorry, and that one doesn't have a manga as well

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Maybe I'm misdefining "fanservice", or there are other things I just simply find better in the reading format. It definitely ranks high on my fav manga list.

Etotama still my favorite anime though! ;_; Sorry, and that one doesn't have a manga as well
To be fair, "fanservice" is a term that can mean a lot of different things, but people mainly use it to refer to more sexualized content. I don't really view the nudity in Onimai as being particularly sexual, even though it is clear that the series definitely appeals to a lolicon audience.

I also personally enjoy sexualized content in the media that I consume, and you don't need to apologize, though I'm not certain what you were apologizing for.

I'm not particularly familiar with Etotama, but I know it has something to do with the Chinese zodiac, so my first thought is that it could have some similarities to Fruits Basket.

Surfsup

Surfsup

Cowabunga
Feb 1, 2023
Personally i like watching the K-On anime. I haven't finished all the episodes yet but it looks great. Also not sure if it's considered mainstream or not but i absolutely loved Demon Slayer anime along with the movie (Rest in peace Rengoku). And i also used to be (and still kinda am) a fan of Hetalia :D.
Ooo, K-On is on my watchlist, I heard it's good. Demon Slayer is actually pretty mainstream though, especially with the second season out heh. Very good series nonetheless (yes, rip Rengoku). Haven't heard of Hetalia though, definitely will look into it!

• Yay!
Reactions: GeneralPanda199
circuspeanut

circuspeanut

biggest clown
Jan 24, 2023
currently watching welcome to the nhk cuz its relateable >>;
all time fav is pretty main stream but evangelion is peak
most obscure favs though are ginga densetsu weed, angelic layer, and super milk chan!

Reactions: hungry_ghost
GeneralPanda199

GeneralPanda199

Feb 1, 2023
Ooo, K-On is on my watchlist, I heard it's good. Demon Slayer is actually pretty mainstream though, especially with the second season out heh. Very good series nonetheless (yes, rip Rengoku). Haven't heard of Hetalia though, definitely will look into it!

Personally i usually only consider animes to be mainstream if they are enough well knowned to be liked by non-weebs, like how i always knew people in the past that weren't into anime but still liked Dragon Ball or another famous anime lol.

Oh and for Hetalia is basically anime that personifies countries into anime characters using mostly stereotypes, sometimes mixed with a bit of History Lessons. It's pretty fun to watch even tho each episode is only like 5 minutes each :ahhha:

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
currently watching welcome to the nhk cuz its relateable >>;
all time fav is pretty main stream but evangelion is peak
most obscure favs though are ginga densetsu weed, angelic layer, and super milk chan!
If you like Welcome to the NHK, then I think there's a good chance that you might like Watamote. A lot of people say it's really cringey, but I think it's a result of people relating to Kuroki Tomoko more than they're willing to admit.

circuspeanut

circuspeanut

biggest clown
Jan 24, 2023
If you like Welcome to the NHK, then I think there's a good chance that you might like Watamote. A lot of people say it's really cringey, but I think it's a result of people relating to Kuroki Tomoko more than they're willing to admit.
ngl im scared to watch it because i know i'll relate to the mc LMAO

Reactions: borderline-feline
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
ngl im scared to watch it because i know i'll relate to the mc LMAO
Honestly, I was in that same boat before I watched it. Tomoko is the most realistic representation of a person who sucks at social interaction I've ever seen in media, yet people just argue over Komi and Bocchi while ignoring the queen just because Tomoko is an awkward fujoshi who at any given moment, has not showered in months.

Reactions: nembutal
Surfsup

Surfsup

Cowabunga
Feb 1, 2023
Personally i usually only consider animes to be mainstream if they are enough well knowned to be liked by non-weebs, like how i always knew people in the past that weren't into anime but still liked Dragon Ball or another famous anime lol.

Oh and for Hetalia is basically anime that personifies countries into anime characters using mostly stereotypes, sometimes mixed with a bit of History Lessons. It's pretty fun to watch even tho each episode is only like 5 minutes each :ahhha:
That actually sounds entertaining lol, I don't mind short anime, as long as it's good :))

• Yay!
Reactions: GeneralPanda199
Zegers

Zegers

Misfit
Dec 15, 2021
welcome to the nhk cuz its relateable
NHK is very interesting even if you are not into anime, its about isolation (very increasing nowadays) depression, anxiety, lack of perspective and purpose, lack of a support network, its genuine, but sometimes you don't have a couple of friends to uphold you.

ic945yuie1e71.jpg

Satou-Tatsuhiro-quotes-4.jpg

tumblr_lgu6ucnt4c1qzqleuo1_500.png

Last edited:
ExtraItem

ExtraItem

Too Tired To Try
Feb 3, 2023
One of my favourites was Magi, a little because of the nostalgia I get from it. Best moments of my life were me waiting for new volumes of it to come out. Currently reading Bungou Stray Dogs which I don't know whether that's mainstream or not I don't really keep up with anime and what is popular that much anymore.

Reactions: Surfsup
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Monster, Golden Kamuy (the manga is far better, however), B: The Beginning, Wolf's Rain, Cat Soup.

Reactions: Surfsup
anx_out

anx_out

Anx
Feb 9, 2023
Bungou stray dogs, Durarara, and (well, the more mainstream one) Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood are my all time top three. if you've seen them, i guess you can tell i have a specific taste; i love large interconnected casts and plotlines, and urban fantasy