Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Platitudes are often useless, but most of the time well intentioned. But then there are people who treat people with depression or similar illnesses like shit. What is the worst thing someone said to you, because of your problems in life? What was the most hurtful comment youve ever heard?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Crazy4u, Luchs and 7 others
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
After my husband died of cancer when I was 37, a « friend » called and offered condolences and all and asked if I regretted not having kids or freezing his sperm to have them after he died... WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously?

• Hmph!
  • Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Sweet Tart, orange and 15 others
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
After twenty years together; "I don't love you anymore".

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, eve2004, blitz and 23 others
Zer0

Zer0

Nem sempre se pode ser Deus
Sep 14, 2018
Few years back the only person I could trust called me toxic. It hurt me because I'm sure he was being 100% honest.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Sweet Tart, completely-done and 11 others
deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
The worst stuff is imaginary (voices), but it has happened many times. Before that, I was bullied when I was a teenager (I don't even remember anymore).

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can, LivideLamb and 1 other person
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
"You can be anything you want to be"
One thousand crushed dreams and hopes later I realized this was a lie. It would've spared me from a lot of suffering if they were honest with me when I was a kid and told me to not have any expectations from this life.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can and 12 others
coma-baby

coma-baby

Misanthropic Drunken Loner
Aug 21, 2019
My parents have been miserably living together since they were first introduced to each other as step siblings in the 80's.
My mother has BPD and knows what to say to cut people deep when she sees fit.
(Obviously not everyone with BPD is manipulative or mean, but due to her cycle of acting out versus acting in, she's gotten a real hang of shit talk and insults.)
She was upset with my dad in this moment. They were fighting and she wanted to say something to hurt him, but used me as a part of her insult.
I was playing a video game. I was eight years old and I was just sharing a fun moment with my dad. I made some smart ass remark in the way that kids do because they hear adults talk like that and think it's cool.
So she looks at my dad and said, "She sounds so much like Pat, it's disgusting."
Pat is my dad's father. At this point in my life, I was still another seven years away from even meeting that man. I had no idea what she meant. I just knew in that moment that my mother thought I was disgusting because she said so herself.

I think about this moment fairly often. Not all of my problems stem from this one moment, of course. But it's one of those moments that echo inside of your skull when you're trying to sleep. Someone that's supposed to love you unconditionally uses your existence as fodder for an argument. Someone that's supposed to adore you calls you disgusting to your face, pretending that you aren't even able to hear it.
It was a split second, less than ten words, but it still shatters me when I remember it at direly low points.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can and 9 others
?

?Death?

Aug 27, 2019
You have a small dick.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, RollingKinematics, Zegers and 10 others
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
My parents have been miserably living together since they were first introduced to each other as step siblings in the 80's.
My mother has BPD and knows what to say to cut people deep when she sees fit.
(Obviously not everyone with BPD is manipulative or mean, but due to her cycle of acting out versus acting in, she's gotten a real hang of shit talk and insults.)
She was upset with my dad in this moment. They were fighting and she wanted to say something to hurt him, but used me as a part of her insult.
I was playing a video game. I was eight years old and I was just sharing a fun moment with my dad. I made some smart ass remark in the way that kids do because they hear adults talk like that and think it's cool.
So she looks at my dad and said, "She sounds so much like Pat, it's disgusting."
Pat is my dad's father. At this point in my life, I was still another seven years away from even meeting that man. I had no idea what she meant. I just knew in that moment that my mother thought I was disgusting because she said so herself.

I think about this moment fairly often. Not all of my problems stem from this one moment, of course. But it's one of those moments that echo inside of your skull when you're trying to sleep. Someone that's supposed to love you unconditionally uses your existence as fodder for an argument. Someone that's supposed to adore you calls you disgusting to your face, pretending that you aren't even able to hear it.
It was a split second, less than ten words, but it still shatters me when I remember it at direly low points.
As Winnie-the-pooh said: « sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart ». In this case in a bad way... :heart::heart:

• Aww..
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, OreoWellington, woxihuanni and 1 other person
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I can't remember every horrible thing someone has said to me, but as of late, my 2 female cousins that I grew up with, that were like older sisters to me, told my (ex-boyfriend/long distance boyfriend/it's complicated) behind my back that they didn't want to hear from him and that they weren't close with me anyway. :( :( My heart was in my stomach when he told me that!!

Spending holidays, birthdays, family vacations, deep discussions and support for about 27 years isn't being close?!?

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can, waitingforrest and 2 others
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
over heading people calling me weird and strange at work. still hurts :-(

• Aww..
Reactions: Sweet Tart, sadnessnsuicide, Weeping Garbage Can and 3 others
Slate128

Slate128

May 5, 2019
"Don't say anything about suicide if you don't know what you're talking about"

After a 10-year history of suicide attempts...

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Crazy4u, sasshimi and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
"MorbidAngel never liked you"

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Pony and Baskol1
E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
After telling my mom how I was feeling and that I needed to go to a hospital on Christmas day when I was 13, her bf responded with "why don't you keep it to yourself and not make the rest of us upset about it. Just go do it then" talking about suicide.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Sweet Tart, Kristicide and 9 others
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
After telling my mom how I was feeling and that I needed to go to a hospital on Christmas day when I was 13, her bf responded with "why don't you keep it to yourself and not make the rest of us upset about it. Just go do it then" talking about suicide.
Wow. ❤️❤️❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, EmptySteph62 and Baskol1
ScorpiusDragon

ScorpiusDragon

Mage
Mar 25, 2019
"I care about you" *then ghosts me*
^said by a bunch of IRL "friends" after they found out I was suicidal

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others
I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
"You're Crhisthian now, son. Oh, and stop behaving that way, people could think you're one of those disgusting homosexual."

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can, Morphosis and 2 others
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
"You make it impossible for people to love you long term."

• Aww..
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can and 7 others
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
"Please go ahead and die"
"Go fuck your friend"
"Why do I even bother to give birth to you"
"You deserve to be bullied"
"There she goes (crazy) again, just ignore her"

Plenty more, these are just some off my head that I heard over the years. And all from family.

"Whore, pig," - childhood bullying in school from school mates.

"Look at all these women here, do you think they behave like you did?" When I made the mistake of sharing about being intimate with a guy to a church senior

"There's only so many times we will save a cat that's stubbornly trapped in the tree" - from my high school teacher.

Someone wishing me happy birthday on my birthday, and then ghosting me and blocking me on WhatsApp 12 hours later.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can, Mixo and 4 others
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
'don't ever have children they f**k up your life' ...to me as that child & 'your father doesnt give a shit about you' ... which I didnt want to believe...but had to admit was in the end pretty much true...

& one thing I didnt hear once in a 5 year relationship 'i love you' ....I know i was stupid - I should have left them- im not the sort of person that needs or would want to hear that daily or all the time, but retrospectively not being told that once over that length of time..is kinda not ok and should of rang alarms bells really...

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can, anaschariac and 1 other person
trynacbt

trynacbt

Arcanist
Sep 28, 2019
"All I want is to see my daughters happy. That's all I ask for. Is that really so much? How is it that my life has ended up here?"

My 70 year old, widowed (to suicide) father, on his two depressed daughters. He truly expects nothing of me but serenity, and I cannot even give him that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can, PDAnnie2610 and 1 other person
D

deadalready1969

Nov 5, 2019
My father told me he hoped I ended up living in the streets when I left my abusive ex-husband.

My father told me to stay and deal with it because my ex was a good provider for our family. Never mind my or our children's safety. I was then disinherited because I wouldn't reconcile my relationship with my father after he said that and other terrible things to me.

He's a cause of my severe PTSD. I've been no contact with him for years.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Spock87

Spock87

Nov 6, 2019
Get over yourself and grow the fuck up

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, it's_all_a_game, Elri and 2 others
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
They told me they loved me

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
BrokenAngel8

BrokenAngel8

I'm so lonely, broken angel
Nov 7, 2019
"You are trash. I dated you because I was pity you, but then my friends keep making fun of me for having such a low standard."
-an ex bf in highschool, around 2 yrs after breaking up, but still in touch with him at that time for helping him make any romantic progress with my chairmate-

I've forgiven him long ago. We even started hanging out again as friends, he got a longterm gf, I did had a longterm bf around the time we started hanging out again, but I can never forget the hurts and damage he caused back then. He knews he was wrong, he tried to apologize many times and he still guilty until now (from what he said), but I also told him that I need time to heal. I loved him genuinely back then, and what he said crushed my heart so bad. I broke up with my bf of 5 years earlier this year, and god it hurts so bad, but word wise, nothing top that literal trash talk from that ex. My mom also verbally abuse me during my childhood but I've come to peace with her, the damage is under conciousness so I cannot recall what she said that hurts me most.
"All I want is to see my daughters happy. That's all I ask for. Is that really so much? How is it that my life has ended up here?"

My 70 year old, widowed (to suicide) father, on his two depressed daughters. He truly expects nothing of me but serenity, and I cannot even give him that.
Your answer hits me home, but in my case it is my mom. Wish I could talked back to her, that my existance is just a prolonged misery for both of us. I wish you well, mate.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can, thequiet1 and 1 other person
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
I honestly don't even want to talk about it because this one phrase still echoes in my head to this day... the worst thing in my life...

• Aww..
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can, Crazy4u and 3 others
metalchic_74

metalchic_74

Gone Girl
Oct 26, 2019
I dated this guy last year. He texted me to kill myself nobody would care

• Aww..
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Weeping Garbage Can, Crazy4u and 2 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
before my first psychiatric hospitalization in high school, I had confided in my ex best friend (though he was romantically obsessed with me for years) my plan to end my life, in great detail. A few months later, we had had a falling out and I reached out at some point trying to make amends. Mind you, at this point I was harboring much guilt and was far from realizing how manipulative and abusive he was. Anyway, his response was along the lines of:

"I don't want to hear from you. This world would benefit from being rid of your poison. I wish, last year, that you had drawn up that hot bath; grabbed that razor; cut into your skin and felt the coldness overcome your body as you bleed out into the water.

Do not ever contact me again."

anyway, it took me years to finally escape this person. even then, a year after ghosting this dude, he made sure to send me a message just as I was beginning to get over the first phase of post-abuse trauma. I had even moved to a new town to escape the stalking and reminders. anyway - it read, approximately:

"hey, I just wanted to reach out and remind you that you really are terrible, and I hope that I never run into you or see your face again."

not as terrible as the former, but still enough to re-expose all of the right wounds and remind me that he was still there.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Circles
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019

to me that seems like the most beautiful and warm thing to say in the whole world...but I can see how to hear that given how you feel could be v.painful! was it yr mother that passed to suicide?

• Hugs
LiftedOut

LiftedOut

Self Distructing in 3....2.....
Oct 31, 2019
"I've lost interest in you"

• Aww..