AndromedaZ

AndromedaZ

Oct 6, 2020
I have bipolar 1, which plenty of people have already posted stats for. I also have dissociative identity disorder, which from what this article says, has an attempt rate of 72%

Birthinjune

Birthinjune

Jan 31, 2021
According to this article 70% of people with bpd will attempt and 10% succeed.
bdp really does feel like you're a burn victim emotionally which is why i tend to avoid people. Also the black and white thinking is horrible. And its very easy to get into something and take it to the extreme. At least in my case.
I wish I realized these stats before losing a partner with BD to suicide.. and knowing his pattern of thinking with our arguments. It would have saved me so much pain

Birthinjune

Birthinjune

Jan 31, 2021
Complex ptsd 3.5% success?
3% for widows
10% for schizophrenia

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I know that those with autism are at greater risk of suicide (3x more than the general population) Apart from that I have physical problems but I think tinnitus has an high suicide risk, there are many ctb associated with that condition, as there is no escape from it and people have it way worse than me. There is no limit as to how bad it can get and there is no help for people with it. Many people who haven't had it themselves cannot comprehend it. Many tinnitus ctb are blamed on depression as people cannot understand the damage that a noise can do. The condition can cause insomnia too.

Reactions: DarkTear
N

N2Narcosis

Jun 5, 2021
Dissociative Disorder: There is a 70% attempt rate for DID, but I could not find relevant data about other dissociative disorders. I don't have DID specifically, so it is plausible that the rate could be a lot lower for other dissociative disorders.
I was looking for that statistic but had no idea where I might find it, thank you.

70% gang represent :sunglasses:

Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
All of my mental illnesses have higher suicide rate than the general population, but the only statistic that scares me because it's so big and was actually studied (some of my mental illnesses just haven't been studied enough to have a completed suicide statistic) is the BPD one. 1 in 10 people with BPD will die by suicide.
I've always known suicide would be the cause of my death, I even remember the moment I knew this in my bones, but this statistic makes me even more inclined to succeed. I've "attempted" suicide by taking more pills than I should and trying to jump off a place while drunk, but I just don't count those because I wasn't 100% serious, just playing with my life. Being another BPD suicide attempt case would make me feel... very invalid.