R

Remember-Me-Not

I think I'm going to be okay.
Dec 10, 2019
It was the opposite of the "Forget-me-not" flower. (There is no Remember Me Not flower btw)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, whitefeather, Ame and 2 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020

• Love
Reactions: whitefeather, Callie Arcale, Ame and 1 other person
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
Bedrock, not to dissimilar to "rock bottom" or any other phrases people use to describe feeling at their lowest. Been at my lowest a lot recently including when I originally made the account.

• Hugs
Reactions: filthyrottendirty, whitefeather, Ame and 2 others
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
I stayed away from Undertale at first due to its fan base being less than reputable, but relented and played it in 2019 and it turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time. Sans is perhaps my most relatable character, being a skeleton (fitting since I'm dead inside) who's constantly cracking jokes and being a wise ass. He also speaks in the Comic Sans font, hence the name and why I do the same.

• Love
Reactions: whitefeather, Ame, Elysium Searcher and 5 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Now that you mention it, yellow is kind of a nice word as well. How funny that we had a similar experience with the same word in two different languages.

I found the setting, thanks! All should be yellow now :)
Glad you figured it out, I got excited when I saw your name was yellow in the notification Lol

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ame, Pookie and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I stayed away from Undertale at first due to its fan base being less than reputable, but relented and played it in 2019 and it turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time. Sans is perhaps my most relatable character, being a skeleton (fitting since I'm dead inside) who's constantly cracking jokes and being a wise ass. He also speaks in the Comic Sans font, hence the name and why I do the same.
I've never played it but the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic, I especially like His Theme and Bonetrousle.

Deadlyroses

Deadlyroses

Sad Millennial
Mar 28, 2021

I love Soundgarden and Chris Cornell (RIP) is one of my favorite singers of all time.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ame and Pookie
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
Before my teens, I was the happiest person many people said they knew - I used to smile all the time, was full of energy, and just LOVED laughing and making others laugh. Then laughter and jokes turned into coping/defense mechanisms. Nobody really noticed the transition though.

That's why, when creating this account, I knew that my suicide will be completely unexpected to most people. In their eyes, I'll be going from being a happy person to being dead without any intermediate stages. Thus: haha -> bye.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whitefeather, puppet_nihilist, Ame and 3 others
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
When I first started learning Spanish, I simply liked the sound of the word "amarillo". I was already depressed back then. Learning Spanish eventually led to me moving to a Spanish speaking country, which I thought would either mean a new start for me or the deciding factor in my contemplation to ctb. Somehow, "amarillo" became the word that represented this situation. Spoiler alert: moving abroad didn't fix me (surprise surprise), so, albeit four years later, suicide has become the only remaining option.

Also, my username fits with my profile picture ("amarillo" means "yellow"), which is a painting by Van Gogh, who was from my country and also struggled with mental illness and ended up committing suicide.
Interesting... I learned something new today.

And the story of Van Gogh is just heartbreaking :( Sold one painting in his entire life and now that he's dead his paintings are worth millions. Typical.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: whitefeather, Ame and Elysium Searcher
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
It's not always gonna be this grey.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ame, Elysium Searcher and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
That's funny! Pookie is quite a funny name. Hidden Base is the name of one of the stages in the game Sonic Adventure 2 which was a game I spent countless hours time playing in my childhood, and relish the memories to this day (it also has a wicked soundtrack). My old username Manoban was referring to the kpop idol Lisa Manoban who I crushed on intensely (and still do!).
I just wish Pookie had some meaning.

I Googled Manoban - very pretty.

Reactions: Superdeterminist
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Quite simple for me. It means to avoid living a long and drawn out life suffering more and more each year as my mind and body deteriorate due to age. On a more metaphorical level, it means to avoid the slow and ugly descent into madness I suffer everyday due to living a harsh and trauma filled life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: taylor321, puppet_nihilist, Ame and 1 other person
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
The name came from my fav song by purity ring. the video for it is disturbing (showing ppl in traumatic situations where they react in a stoic manner) and the meaning behind the lyrics are even more disturbing (song about two kids who murder their abusive father). but the lyrics in general are pretty and so is the name. Which I'm guessing is a word which means laughing and crying combined in one word. Purity ring likes to make up song titles by combining words.

Header title is obedear which means 'oh but dear'.
I listened to it. I like.

I love Soundgarden and Chris Cornell (RIP) is one of my favorite singers of all time.

Talented, loaded, good looking... Chris Cornell seemingly had it all. Goes to show that depression doesn't discriminate.

A user on here actually got angry with me for saying that depression doesn't discriminate. Good riddance Amumu. :pfff:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lofticries
Owl of Minerva

Owl of Minerva

It is absurd
Jan 3, 2021
A lesser known Boards of Canada reference.

The CD release of the album says "I OVERFLOW MAN" around its rim. One anagram of this is "Owl of Minerva"

My ctb soundtrack..

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ame, Elysium Searcher, avoid_slow_death and 1 other person
A

Aloha

Jul 31, 2020
Aloha is Hawaiian and means hello and goodbye.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ame, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Elysium Searcher and 3 others
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020

My ctb soundtrack..

Haunting and heartbreaking to know that this is what you'll be listening to when you close your eyes upon this world one final time.
Aloha is Hawaiian and means hello and goodbye.
Hello-bye!

Reactions: Elysium Searcher
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I like the Marvel X-Men films ...

Reactions: Ame and Pookie
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020

My ctb soundtrack..

LOVE BOC. Nice choice...

Reactions: Pookie
happyhappyfunny

happyhappyfunny

Sep 16, 2020
I wanted something satirical

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, Elysium Searcher and Pookie
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Scarred because the scars in my body and also in my mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, unperson and Pookie
unperson

unperson

nontitle
May 8, 2021
..... I don't like names. Or trying to think of one

Reactions: puppet_nihilist, Ame, Hurt and 1 other person
W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
"Watching the Wheels" is a song by John Lennon. The lyrics have hit home for me for a good while, now, but especially moreso lately, this line particularly:

"I tell them there's no hurry, I'm just sitting here doing time."

The past four years have just felt like "doing time" before my time is up; "killing time", basically.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: whitefeather, lobster salad, Ame and 2 others
A

allwasnotwell

Nov 24, 2020
'All was well' is the last line of harry potter, i love harry potter and all is most definitely not well with me hence my username, its very uncool haha

• Hugs
Reactions: whitefeather, watchingthewheels, Ame and 1 other person
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
When I joined, it was shortly after my ex assaulted me for the last time. I was recovering from yet another severe concussion when he did this.

It broke me - my life has not been easy starting with being slapped by my father on the way home from the hospital about a week after I was born because I was crying (or so he once told me) to the final straw of the assualts that almost killed me by my ex.

I had worked so very hard to pull myself up out of other people's mud so many times in my life and was finally able to do it, only to have it all yanked out from underneath me again by my ex.

So I am weary, beyond weary of this life. I used the word "soul," not in a religious sense or in the sense that I believe that there is a soul - it is just common terminology.

In addition to my user ID I chose this particular picture because the ocean and water in general have always given me peace. And in recognition that there is beauty in life - but, for me, it is usually found in the beauty of nature and some very rare and thoughtful people I have met along the way (not physical beauty btw, but beautiful souls).

<3

• Hugs
Reactions: Cant go back, whitefeather, Ame and 3 others
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
My username is pretty self explanatory..but ay!..have a wild guess?.. lol

• Yay!
Reactions: whitefeather, Ame, Pookie and 1 other person
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
"Watching the Wheels" is a song by John Lennon. The lyrics have hit home for me for a good while, now, but especially moreso lately, this line particularly:

"I tell them there's no hurry, I'm just sitting here doing time."

The past four years have just felt like "doing time" before my time is up, "killing time", basically.

Great lyrics and relatable.

I've posted the full lyrics just in case others would be interested in seeing them.

"People say I'm crazy
Doin' what I'm doin'
Well, they give me all kinds of warnings
To save me from ruin

When I say that I'm okay
Well, they look at me kinda strange
Surely you're not happy now
You no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy
Dreamin' my life away
Well, they give me all kinds of advice
Designed to enlighten me

When I tell them that I'm doin' fine
Watchin' shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time, boy?
You're no longer on the ball

I'm just sittin' here watchin' the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer ridin' on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

People askin' questions
Lost in confusion
Well, I tell them there's no problem
Only solutions

Well, they shake their heads
And they look at me as if I've lost my mind
I tell them there's no hurry
I'm just sittin' here doin' time

I'm just sittin' here watchin' the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer ridin' on the merry-go-rounds
I just had to let it go
I just had to let it go
I just had to let it go."

~ John Lennon

Last edited:
Reactions: whitefeather, lobster salad and watchingthewheels
2Min2Midnight

2Min2Midnight

Nov 20, 2019
2 minutes 2 midnight is in reference to the Doomsday clock and also the name of a iron maiden song I quite like.

• Hugs
Reactions: whitefeather, Ame, watchingthewheels and 2 others
F

FinalDestination

Here lies my hopes and dreams
Mar 10, 2020
I was thinking of the final destination movies at the time lol. The franchise is kinda nostalgic for me since the first time I watched it - the third one- I was far too young and it did a number on my anxiety but I was so mesmerised. The whole film is burned into my memory

• Hugs
Reactions: Cant go back, whitefeather, Ame and 2 others
Elysium Searcher

Elysium Searcher

Longing for eternal sleep
Jun 12, 2021
The story behind my nick is quite short, I had no idea what nick to pick, I prefered something I've never used yet.

I really liked the word "Elysium". Partially because it's the place of eternal hapiness, where people can peacefully rest, without any suffering or desires (if allowed to enter here of course)- the place where you also don't remember anything from your past.
Also because how it sounds to me. I really like this world. Might be a bit weird I think, but yeah. In my opinion it sounds kinda relaxing.

I'm searching for such a place, it seems that there's nothing what can finally release me from my suffering, as long as I'm alive. I really wanted to believe that there may be some other means to make my problems more bearable, to feel able to do something more productive than laying on my bed for the half the day, to be released/healed from my traumas which completely shattered my life (not sure if they are exact traumas for sure).
But I think as long as I'm alive, I'll never find what I'm looking for. That's why I picked nick "Searcher of Elysium" (might not be correct in english though, I'm not sure).

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, puppet_nihilist, 2Min2Midnight and 3 others