WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I think that if you're better looking, you can make a lot of money that will set you up for life like modeling, movie acting (I suppose unattractive people do movies as well, but generally I believe that attractive people are in demand more so) so even if your looks fade, you should still be able to live comfortably. You can also be smart and live comfortably, but to me looks is more important because it would help my self confidence and being satisfied with my own physical image.

Also, knowledge can always be learned. Good looks can't be achieved if you are born with the bad biology/genetics, except in some circumstances.

Last edited:
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I think that if you're better looking, you can make a lot of money that will set you up for life like modeling, movie acting (I suppose unattractive people do movies as well, but generally I believe that attractive people are in demand more so) so even if your looks fade, you should still be able to live comfortably. You can also be smart and live comfortably, but to me looks is more important because it would help my self confidence and being satisfied with my own physical image.

Also, knowledge can always be learned. Good looks can't be achieved if you are born with the bad biology/genetics, except in some circumstances.
The thing with looks is that you may never be comfortable with yours, no matter how you look. Even celebrities spend an entire life dealing with body hate and seeking ways to "improve" their looks. Many of them fall victim of invasive methods and end up permanently damaging their bodies and actually looking worse than before.

Last edited:
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
The thing with looks is that you may never be comfortable with yours, no matter how you look. Even celebrities spend an entire life dealing with body hate and seeking ways to "improve" their looks. Many of them fall victim of invasive methods and end up permanently damaging their bodies and actually looking worse then before.
The thing with celebrities is they feel extreme pressure to look a certain way. At least with normies, you can alter your appearance and don't need to be pressured to look a certain way.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
This is a tough question for me.

I often have the wish that I was smarter. Just for my ego. Intelligence and education are part of my last remaining self-esteem. Maybe I would have better opportunities for a job. Though I think I would still be too fragile and vulnerable for a normal job. Maybe I could learn programming if I was smarter. However I absolutely have no real interest in understading IT.

Being more attractive/better looking also had adavantages. Maybe I had more success with women. Though my paranoia and OCD behavior would probably still fuck it up. I try not be too superficial and vain.

I think both would not be a game changer for me. Maybe I would prefer being smarter. However I am not sure how much this would improve my life quality.

Which one would you prefer?
Same, I wish I were smarter as well. Honestly I would prefer both. If I had to choose just one though, I would choose to be smarter. I value brains over beauty. I would also choose to be born neurotypical. Being neurodivergent is like a curse.

I was already born pretty smart (120+ IQ) to begin with, and I'd say that I'm conventionally attractive. Not beautiful, but pretty, or at least average. However, my neurodivergences have made it hard for me to fit into society, and to succeed at life. Apparently there's a threshold level for IQ. At a certain point (like 140 or something), a higher IQ actually becomes unfavorable because it means that you'll have increasing trouble understanding and connecting with others. Basically you'd be too smart for the world, and just see the world through a different lens and viewpoint than other people. I don't even believe in IQ anyways or think it's a valid way to measure intelligence, but there have been studies done on this...

Apparently I have the perfect IQ to be able to do anything in society, as I'm not too smart to be an alien and unable to connect with others, but my ASD is like a thorn in my side, making it hard for me to interact with or understand other people. My ASD essentially makes me feel like an alien and like I was born on the wrong planet. I'd rather feel this way and have it be due to a higher intelligence/IQ rather than ASD…I have having ASD. I wouldn't even wish it on my worst enemy. On top of that, I have ADHD as well, so go figure 😂

Pretty privilege does exist. Data shows that being attractive gives you more advantages in life and allows you to have a higher chance to succeed. Basically there's the "halo effect" that people think you're nicer and more pleasant just because you're pretty. In turn, people are nicer to you and treat you better. You would probably also be given more opportunities as well, just due to preferential treatment. Unfortunately our society is still a shallow one which judges people by their outward appearance and looks, not what lies within. In some countries, they even require a photo of you on your resume (this makes no sense to me). Imo, this is like discrimination due to appearance. I don't think that your looks or appearance should play any factor in getting a job or being successful in life, but unfortunately they probably do.

However, you can always change your appearance, but not your intelligence. Therefore it would be more advantageous to be born smarter over better looking because intelligence and IQ can't be modified, but appearance can. Your IQ and intelligence are basically set and predetermined at birth.

If I'm not attractive, I can always put on makeup or even resort to more extreme measures like plastic surgery…If I'm not as smart as I want to be, I can't do anything about it

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: QteStimBnnuy and noname223
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Smarter. I get as much attention as I would like. People expect way too much of you when you are attractive and get upset when you don't feel the same way.

QteStimBnnuy

QteStimBnnuy

Qtpuppet
Feb 9, 2023
Being highly intelligent is a double edged sword imo, the same goes for those I used to know. Then ontop of that you have to draw your cards from birth which could make it a lot more of a curse. If you want a relatively easier life, you'd choose looks- assuming you would still be at least around average or below by the end of the trade

Reactions: sserafim
strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
As someone who looks good I can confirm that pretty privilege is totally a thing. My life would be so much harder if I was ugly so I think I'd choose to look better & see how many more advantages I can get. Let me tell you looking good doesn't help with relationships though unless you're only interested in sex. All of my relationships have fallen apart due to my mental health issues being a problem & being too much for my partners.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

Knowledge ≠ intelligence though

Reactions: QteStimBnnuy