kvheeo

kvheeo

Apr 1, 2023
hey guys, the other day one of my closest friends asked me this question and I found myself unable to answer it. I find it really scary, what if I end up being in an even worse situation than I am now. So I'm asking you guys the same question out of curiosity, if you could go back and change something, just one thing, in your past would you do it? and if so, what?

Reactions: sserafim
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I would change my family's situation. We lived in poverty and money worries meant that my Mum couldn't cope with six children (all born by the time she was 27). Dad was working and Mum had to work too, meaning we had to look after ourselves a lot of the time.

The stress of this had a big impact on her mood and she was quite abusive. My siblings came through it okay but it affected me considerably.

So, in short, I'd have plenty of money so Mum could stay at home.

• Hugs
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and kvheeo
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
i would do my suicide the right way aka not fail.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd probably take a different career path and learn a trade. Do an apprenticeship or something. I'd likely still end up unhappy though. Probably even more so because I'd still want to be creative.

Really- the bad stuff that happened in my life was out of my control. I couldn't stop people dying and it would probably be unfair for me to stop my Dad remarrying so I ended up with a (suspected) narcissist. To be quite honest- my idea of hell would be being made to go back and live through all that again.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, anhedonicNfoggy, kvheeo and 1 other person
M

MaybeYesMaybeNo

Sep 27, 2023
That's a tough question.

A lot of things happened to me before I reasonably had power to change anything.

Granted these days and my problems I've caused are reverberations of those days.

Hard to know what to change.

Not coming out of the birth canal would have been preferable.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish I could stop myself ever existing in the first place, I despise how I was forced into this dreadful and tiresome existence despite the fact that I was at peace before that, having the ability to exist is the worst thing.
The only changes I'd wish for are ones that mean I get to peacefully not exist, only nothingness is desirable, this world filled with endless harm and suffering is such an evil place, I see existence as something best avoided.

iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023
I'd reply to my boyfriend when he texted me the day he ctb , i know it's selfish but I wish he could just live I understand that he was suffering but I just wish he stayed

kvheeo

kvheeo

Apr 1, 2023
I would change my family's situation. We lived in poverty and money worries meant that my Mum couldn't cope with six children (all born by the time she was 27). Dad was working and Mum had to work too, meaning we had to look after ourselves a lot of the time.

The stress of this had a big impact on her mood and she was quite abusive. My siblings came through it okay but it affected me considerably.

So, in short, I'd have plenty of money so Mum could stay at home.
I'm so sorry for what you had to go through, it was not your fault. You are so strong and brave.
I'd reply to my boyfriend when he texted me the day he ctb , i know it's selfish but I wish he could just live I understand that he was suffering but I just wish he stayed
I'm really sorry for what happened to you, it was not your fault, and don't consider yourself selfish for wanting him to live, no one wants to see their loved ones go. It's hard to accept, just think that he is in a better place now.

Last edited:
Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
hey guys, the other day one of my closest friends asked me this question and I found myself unable to answer it. I find it really scary, what if I end up being in an even worse situation than I am now. So I'm asking you guys the same question out of curiosity, if you could go back and change something, just one thing, in your past would you do it? and if so, what?
I would not allow myself to start dieting at 11 because I got like 3 eating disorders out of it which wasted like 6 years of my life like my academics and dreams, yh and I still struggle with bulimia and other stuff and it is rlly tiring

S

saddavyd

Sep 18, 2023
A friend said to me that we are just shit in a blender. All we have is what's happening and we can't explain it. Thinking we can change things just adds to the pain.

However, If I could go back to a decision my parents made (when I was 10), it would be to agree to sell me for 2 camels when we were in Morocco. That would have changed a few things.

Reactions: hevlalab and cosifantutti
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Be self sufficient.

Reactions: MaybeYesMaybeNo and SmollMushroom
busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
I think time is way too fragil and the smallest change can cause a giant impact for better or worse. If I could go back in time I would I only go back a few days to participate in the lottery with the winning number and wouldn't do anything beyond that...

fxndi

fxndi

May 15, 2023
id prevent my birth

Reactions: hevlalab, pthnrdnojvsc and sserafim
T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
Jump from the apartment balcony at 12 after being locked out there as punishment. I remember sitting on the ledge debating on doing it or not. I should've done it, would've saved me a lot of pain.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I would change being born with Asperger's/autism and ADHD. I would really like to not have these issues, and be neurotypical instead. I feel like they are the root cause of my struggles, problems, and suicidal thoughts.
id prevent my birth
Same, I never even wanted to exist in the first place. I'd also prevent my parents from meeting

stscss

stscss

Aug 14, 2023
Probably would have told on my stepdad for abusing me sexually.
Another regret is leaving my first bf just cause I wanted to try something new. Never really felt actual love after that. Got 2 kids with a guy I don't even love (actually I'm not sure both are his). I wish I would have stayed with my first love and tried to make it work.

M

MaybeYesMaybeNo

Sep 27, 2023
I would change being born with Asperger's/autism and ADHD. I would really like to not have these issues, and be neurotypical instead. I feel like they are the root cause of my struggles, problems, and suicidal thoughts.

Same, I never even wanted to exist in the first place. I'd also prevent my parents from meeting
I'm somewhere on the spectrum and generally feel the same. My life would have been so much more successful if I had ever been able to function.

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Somehow Acquire HGH so I could unfuck my body I guess.