StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I've tried trainspotting too many times now and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere because of SI or people at the platform, train delays etc.

I have access to a secured, wooden chin-up pole that should be able to hold my weight even when concentrated on one point.
Got a 5mm thick audio cable that is long enough.
Tried this method before a couple of times but bailed due to discomfort and head exploding feeling.

What knot should I use for the ligature?
I was also thinking of using soap to reduce friction of the rubbery material to help increase tightness.

If this fails I will have to go back to train method lol.
(Not keen on SN, might be a last resort though if it still ships)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers :)

Reactions: yive
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
What knot should I use for the ligature?
i used a snuggle hitch knot for the anchor point and a slip/hangman knot for the noose.
it seems to me that doing this with a cable is very painful. don't you have any other options?

Last edited:
E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
bailed due to discomfort and head exploding feeling.
If the exploding head feeling comes that means you have compressed only the jugular veins, this feeling is very painful, to avoid this you can have the noose high up on your neck just below the jaw and constrict that area, this is the sweet spot for me,it might be different for you, so you might have to find your carotid artery and constrict there, you can find it if you keep your fingers next to your trachea and you should feel a pulse, that's the exact point you need to constrict to pass out , but then with partial hanging it's almost impossible to pass out because depending on how strong your survival instinct is , it will most likely give you a panic attack and might save you from passing out, I'm telling this from my own personal experience, that said compressing the carotid artery can give you a pleasant feeling as you pass out, kind of like euphoria for some time but cant guarantee that you will pass out for good with this method because at least for me survival instinct saved me every time :(

Reactions: Hermann, Arthaniel and oneirogen