• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Thisgirlwantstosleep

Thisgirlwantstosleep

Student
Mar 11, 2019
I'm in London and on the higher rate of PIP for mental health issues.

I have Body Dysmorphia, OCD both pure O and contamination OCD, Anxiety, Depression and BPD ( I say it's CPTSD but they told me it gets treated the same).

I see a lot of people talk about how DBT and EMDR has helped them especially with BPD but they're usually not from here.

Has any had these types of therapies on the NHS?

Reactions: LastLoveLetter
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
If you can get agreement from your GP (and the associated funding), I would highly recommend the Berkshire Traumatic Stress Service. They are a NHS national centre of excellence and really know how to manage various treatments ((I'm talking as a complex PTSD service user). The waitlist is about a 9-12 months, You need to be clear of crisis intervention for 6 months and be prepared to travel to Reading.

But overall, you're right the NHS isn't set to meet the requirements of long term health issues. Obviously I don't know your finac position, but would you consider funding a private psychologist trained in EMDR? I found an absolutely brilliant person, but she cost £100/hr and I needed sessions weekly.

NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
If you can get agreement from your GP (and the associated funding), I would highly recommend the Berkshire Traumatic Stress Service. They are a NHS national centre of excellence and really know how to manage various treatments ((I'm talking as a complex PTSD service user). The waitlist is about a 9-12 months, You need to be clear of crisis intervention for 6 months and be prepared to travel to Reading.

But overall, you're right the NHS isn't set to meet the requirements of long term health issues. Obviously I don't know your finac position, but would you consider funding a private psychologist trained in EMDR? I found an absolutely brilliant person, but she cost £100/hr and I needed sessions weekly.
I'm not dunking on you but the NHS cause you did give some good advice. The fact that someone has to go through all these steps and wait so long for the help they need on top of being relatively wealthy is a HUGE problem. "Yes, there's help, only if you jump through 1,000 rings of fire and give up your first born son."