• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
If eventually you recovered and got better what new skills would you like to achieve or improve about yourself?

for me I would like to:
get a job
learn to drive
improve my social skills + speaking voice
make a friend
get fitter
improve my handwriting
learn spanish

Last edited:
E

End Piece

Student
Oct 4, 2019
Learn to drive
Resume learning French
Relearn the flute
Improve my visual art skills
Learn a trade
Most importantly, learn how to have control over my thoughts, emotions and behaviours!

Last edited:
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
I would like to build up some physical strength
Become more flexible
learn some more languages
learn a one arm handstand
recently decided I want to learn how to kitesurf
get better at highline
I've always wanted to learn singing properly and beautifully. Playing the piano or guitar also sounds quite fun.
I have always been amazed by people who are highly trained pianists, I love how on a piano you can see all the notes right there in front of you, with an infinite amount of possibilities

CursedFortune

CursedFortune

Dec 1, 2019
Interesting that learning to drive is a really common skill people want to learn (I have my license but I'm afraid of driving/don't feel like I'm in a state to do so)
- Improve social skills to at least a normal level
- Become a good enough programmer
- Learn bass guitar
- Finally get good enough to read Japanese texts confidently
- Become good friends with a small group of people.... individual friends are nice, but I've always longed for true belonging in a little community

AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
A lot of things.
Play the piano, go to nurse classes, learn History of Arts, take a private pilot license (lol), and learn English finally! I want to have a potter's wheel and to make some cool things with ceramic. I'd like get a cooking internship somewhere in Europe and more and more and more. I do wish to want all of this again.

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
If eventually you recovered and got better what new skills would you like to achieve or improve about yourself?

for me I would like to:
get a job
learn to drive
improve my social skills + speaking voice
make a friend
get fitter
improve my handwriting
learn spanish

Those are awesome goals - they are also realistic and attainable.
I hope you can take the steps to get to wheee you want to be.
Some of the things on your list are things I would like to do myself, like learn Spanish and get fit.

I have a job, actually several, I'm struggling with motivation to go to work. I'm bored at home alone but I'm so burned out that I'm struggling to do things without help or push and shove. It's stupid really.

I bought a new vehicle so I could get around and work. I want to buy things that I can't afford with a $25 bank balance and a couple hundred tucked away in savings. How the fuck do people get up and do it everyday? How did I ever do this before?

F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
Learning programming would be nice. I'd be able to make little projects.
I'd also like to learn sewing.
Knowing Spanish would be good, too, if for no other reason than to add to my resume.

almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
I was, in a sense, visualizing this last night. I want to go back to school, and pursue my degree in English. However, I want to be very serious about it. I want to master the rules and bare elements of the language, and be well aware when I break basic structure (some authors do this purposefully to further their point). I want to go back and study archaic English, which I feel is so beautiful and refined. I want to pay special attention to the works that have survived and defined the literary genres. Less specifically... I want to go to school in a very pure state of mind, with the knowledge as my only love. I do not want the search for a personal relationship to cloud my academic performance or my regular mood. I even want to dress professionally... button downs and dress pants.. no crop tops and leggings or special dresses. I want to be a serious and dedicated person that people of greater learning can look down on with respect. I have decided that the best thing to do with the knowledge that I acquire... is to become a "scholar-teacher," that is, some one who teaches and shares the breadth of their knowledge, the very fabric of their heart and mind, on the day-to-day, and by night, works on scholarly essays, reviews, etc that will pay out and further the cause.
Learning programming would be nice. I'd be able to make little projects.
I'd also like to learn sewing.
Knowing Spanish would be good, too, if for no other reason than to add to my resume.
My mom has always sewed... and never took the time to teach me!! I would love to learn how to make tapestries, pillows, and quilts like her.

Last edited:
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
If I could give myself a hummer...things would be easier to deal with.
Reality is I wish I was already dead, bent on death and want to start playing guitar more often but just feel exhausted from barely sleeping
Peace/hugs

Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
1.I want to be stronger, physically (mentally I'm deadfrozen Ice cold, but I might work on being softer).
2. Say no! It's almost impossible for me to say no when people want my help.
3. I wish I had a talent in singing or playing instruments.

AngelOfDeath01

AngelOfDeath01

Oct 12, 2019
If I recover which is the path that I am attempting once more I'd like to:
  • Improve my piano skills because they have become quite rusty these days.
  • Read more books.
  • Develop a good writing technique and why not write few books in the future.
  • Become stronger emotionally and not give a crap about what people think of the way I am living my life ( If I chose or not to).
  • Take better care of myself physically and practice self-kindness etc.

I am making small progress everyday and I am dividing my daily tasks into small chunks even if it is so tempting for me to try to achieve everything at once. ( I had a very competitive nature). And I honestly still feel that I am going to CTB eventually for various reasons but at least I can be content with myself until my last day on earth. I noticed that a lot of people want to learn how to play an instrument and I think you should go for it because it is so rewarding even if it is frustrating to muster the patience for it at times.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AlexM and mediocre
AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
I noticed that a lot of people want to learn how to play an instrument and I think you should go for it because it is so rewarding even if it is frustrating to muster the patience for it at times.
I'm 48 yo, it won't be easy :)

Reactions: mediocre
AngelOfDeath01

AngelOfDeath01

Oct 12, 2019
I'm 48 yo, it won't be easy :)

It would definitely take more time and patience but it's doable. Usually older people start stronger and more motivated to practice but their progress slows down after a while. But I still read good stories about few who pushed through those difficulties. I wish you a good journey nonetheless and I hope you have fun in the process.

Reactions: AlexM and mediocre