tomoki

tomoki

Mar 8, 2023
what type of mental illness made you want to ctb??
if you wish, talk about your experience, your care journey and your tips for, at least trying to live with it?

• Hugs
Reactions: CyVir, wiltingorchid, notSamiguess and 2 others
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
lets see. the worst ocd you can imagine, worst depersonalisation you can imagine, worst derealization you can imagine, worst depression you can imagine. lots of cognitive issues that correlate with dementia. im sure theres more. i use meditation to keep me grounded.

• Hugs
Reactions: Finalnight, painfulwords, betternever2havbeen and 4 others
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
  • Hugs
Reactions: Monique696, betternever2havbeen, ever so lonely and 1 other person
G

groucho

Student
Feb 4, 2023
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, depression, had an episode of schizophrenia like psychosis years ago after a huge dose of cannabis which triggered my worst OCD, I fear that coming back the most. I suspect I have generalised anxiety disorder and potentially mild Asperger which haven't been diagnosed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Finalnight, betternever2havbeen, Hotsackage and 5 others
P

PoisonousPotato

Student
Feb 1, 2023
schiz since i'm 12, melancolic depression unaffected by ad and ect, general anxiety disorder with deper/deres, "elements of ptsd" as they say, my personality has been changed by trauma forever, i have bulimia amplified by neuroleptics, and i may be autistic according to my therapist, which could explain meltdowns and shutdowns.

• Hugs
Reactions: immrw, ever so lonely, apple2myeye! and 1 other person
NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
Autism level 1, CPTSD, depression, gender dysphoria, diagnosed bipolar but idk if that's really true, I've only had 3 manic episodes, every other episode is more mixed or maybe hypomania lasting a day.

I tried plenty of meds, multiple types of therapy, ketamine infusions, illicit psychedelics, etc. I just drew the line at ECT/TMS, and I'm hoping to avoid in-person hospitalization (I've spent 9 weeks in intensive outpatient).

I'm happy I had the resources to explore treatment and even if it didn't change my mind on my CTB plans in the end, I still don't regret doing it and I'm glad I tried. If you have the option to pursue treatment, I think it's worth trying.

• Hugs
Reactions: randal_bond, ikadasui, immrw and 3 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Vultures circle overhead
Feb 28, 2023
Not sure. No one has diagnosed me with anything.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ferret77, randal_bond, ikadasui and 3 others
Amaterasu

Amaterasu

When It Ends
Apr 7, 2023
OCD, depression and anxiety which I was diagnosed with 10 years ago.
Pretty certain I also have some form of undiagnosed emotional and dissociative disorder too.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Finalnight, Hotsackage and ever so lonely
Vikgrim

Vikgrim

Apr 16, 2023
ADHD, Autism, Depression, really bad anxiety and severe PTSD caused by a lifetime of abuse. I also disassociate pretty regularly, but never really got a diagnosis for that.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Monique696, Ferret77, randal_bond and 1 other person
sugarmagnolia

sugarmagnolia

Apr 4, 2023
only been diagnosed with Persistent Depressive Disorder or something shitty like that. I've never brought it up to my psychiatrist but occasionally I experience some visual hallucinations (in my peripheral vision), some outside of it (kind of like overlaying faces? I don't know how to describe it correctly), and occasional voices of people who I live with when they're not talking. Hopefully it's just from my poor history of drug choices instead of something underlying that may have been brought to the spotlight.

• Hugs
Reactions: ever so lonely
ever so lonely

ever so lonely

terry joseph williams
Apr 17, 2022
depression, anxiety, ptsd, ocd, panic disorder, body dysmorphia, and agrophobia, i m a complete fuck up lol but i am ok with that, well you did ask op 😆🥰

• Hugs
Reactions: Finalnight, betternever2havbeen and Amaterasu
aliasblue.

aliasblue.

forever envious
Apr 3, 2023
OCD, depression, depersonalization-derealization and a whole bunch of undiagnosed conditions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amaterasu and ever so lonely
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I got diagnosed with major depression, anxiety and a sleeping disorder.

(I really just told my whole recovery story lol, I am sorry for the book I wrote).

life was crazy back then, my sleep circle was a complete mess, I couldn't focus on school anymore and my grades dropped. I started sh but dropped it soon after my mom and sister found out.
I decided to seek help, the psychiatrist was really nice but the therapist was the worst I have ever met. As a 13 year old sitting there, only crying and being unable to speak meanwhile my mother was sitting next to me. The only thing I was truly able to answer was when she asked me if I have suicidal thoughts.
Mind you, I was a 13 year old girl, who had no idea what was wrong with me and being faced with my problems like that for the first time. I understand the frustration she must have felt but the way she reacted was not only unprofessional but also apathetic for any adult. After the session she flipped out on the reception when talking to the psychiatrist and in front of us. Yelling how this is absolutely no use and she can't continue with me.

I don't know why but the psychiatrist only gave me a certain medication for a very short time and not the at least recommended 2 weeks it takes for SSRI Antidepressants to take effect. She started giving me others and those made me feel terrible. I had suicidal visions wherever we would go, crossing bridges I wished to jump down from, taking the train, I wish I could jump in front of etc.

I refused to take my meds and my mom told me that I have to or I will have to go to a psych ward. I was so done and knew I needed help badly that I said ,okay, I will go'. My mom told me not to go. Due to a medical illness she has been in psych wards before. (I know many don't believe in depression being inherited but I am certain that I got it from her). But I insisted cause I knew I would eventually give in and take my life otherwise. Also, I stopped going to school cause my mental health was too bad. (Teachers made fun of me instead of trying to help btw)

long story short: I ended up being in the psych ward for 6 months (14-15 year old). I started cutting again, sadly. I took the meds my therapist first gave me but for more than 2 weeks and they helped me (also melatonin). I finally addressed my underlying trauma from my moms sickness that put her in and out of the hospital since I was a kid. I felt worse everytime I went home on the weekends tho so my therapist recommended me to leave home and live in a supervised residential group. She believed I was influenced by my moms depression and was falling into old patterns again.

I went back home after 3 months tho cause it was absolutely not for me. I was still cutting and once again considering to ctb. School finally went so much better again and I got good grades again but I needed to leave. I never got to see a psychiatrist or therapist (except one time) which I crucially needed after leaving the psych ward but it just never happened. So I did leave. I had cps up my ass for some time tho and I tell you, they are the worst. The woman ended working against me and not with me. At one point she said that she doesn't wanna talk to me anymore which makes absolutely no sense so she stopped coming (very profession I know). She wrote complete bs in her reports, like me, refusing to take my meds (which I have never once done since bejng in the psych ward). Through some lucky circumstances they low-key forgot about me tho lol. (I was 15-16 at that time)

After being back home I got in contact with a psychiatrist and a lovely therapist. It was an incredibly hard road which included switching medications after the old ones stopped working and lots of therapy.

I had troubles with school tho since I went back to my old school which made me feel like absolute shit again (especially anxiety wise). I had the same teachers that literally bullied me before but I stood my ground. Still, it wasn't working and I had troubles going back to school for ages. I finally switched after 1 and a half year of torture there.

Especially with cps it was horrible. They ruined way more than they supported me. Being underaged was terrible. No one listens to you, everyone talks like you're not even in the room and constantly invalidate your feelings. I got told that I can't be that depressed since I manage to put on Make-up and shower (which I only did due to my social anxiety) and because I managed to follow my hobby once a week (which took me immense energy and wasn't even fun but more like a chore at that point). I really can see why so many young people commit ctb. Those interactions leave deep scars and can prevent them from having faith and hope in therapy and medication even after reaching adulthood (which is why I am so happy to not be underaged anymore)

Anyways, I stopped going to therapy since it was making me feel worse due to constantly being confronted with problems from the past. I learned to deal with it (mostly, so it wasn't really needed anymore) and my medication got adjusted to a fitting level. Now I am living live and trying me best to shape they way to hopefully study medicine in the future. Ofc I am not 100% there yet and I still have my bad days but I am doing so so much better compared to when I was a teenager.

My psychiatrist does want to go down with my medication in summer tho since I have been on it for 2-3 years now and I am honestly scared since the last time did not go that well (which was a year ago to be fair). But yes, I am turning 20 this year and life really turned for the better for me <3.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ferret77, Abandoned Character, ikadasui and 3 others
E

Ended-up-Failing241

Mar 2, 2023
Severe depression. I'm pretty sure I have more issues than just depression but I have not been diagnosed with anything else. I don't enjoy anything, I'm always sad, I've been like this ever since I started writing. my emotions in my journals (13+ years), and I have destroyed most of my life due to depression.

soolka

soolka

ʚ♡ɞ killing me softly ʚ♡ɞ
Apr 13, 2023
severe depression and social anxiety. this isnt a mental illness but i also struggle with maladaptive daydreaming

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Shit life syndrome

• Love
Reactions: FrostedHoax, Avyn, betternever2havbeen and 3 others
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Chronic suicidal ideation, treatment-resistant depression, eating disorder, chronic depression and PTSD.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Reactions: AgentOrange, betternever2havbeen and exploitedbacteria
LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Student
Jan 7, 2023
Shit life syndrome
This. I don't have any mental illness. I've just had a miserable life where the good things are far outweighed by the bad things.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen
enviro400mmc

enviro400mmc

#1 cake123 fanboy
Nov 27, 2022
Nothing, at least according to my psychiatrist and family. And certainly not shit life syndrome, I am incredibly privileged.

Makes me feel almost worse about the fact I want to ctb...

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen
dkpmm

dkpmm

Apr 20, 2023
Hi, I've got Chronic Depression (Distymia) and suicidal thoughts since a was kid, social anxiety, probably a bipolar disorder and/or borderline personality disorder (psychiatrists didn't really fully agree on which one), and finally an upcoming diagnosis of Autism. It's still hard to figure exactly what is the pathological frame which I suffer.
But it makes life so painful and empty and I'm really disconnected and isolated.
Most of the time, exept some lucky days which are very few, I'd just want a magic button which would end it all.

• Hugs
Reactions: NoLightRemains
nanfranci

nanfranci

worth more dead then alive
Mar 2, 2023
i was told i had ocd a few years back but i don't really think the diagnosis is accurate tbh (or maybe i have become less self aware with not being medicated in like two years idk)
i have thought i have had bpd for a while but currently i'm not really sure.

poisonousspit

poisonousspit

Fairy
Apr 11, 2023
autism, severe depression, social anxiety, ptsd, and anorexia.

Nikalas

Nikalas

Feb 18, 2023
Asperger, ADD, Generalised Anxiety disorder and BPD

CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
Depression, anxiety. Not a mental illness but also ADHD

• Love
Reactions: cartdog
Dead girl

Dead girl

sleepy
Oct 9, 2022
major depressive disorder, gender dysphoria, PTSD, and i suspect i have bpd but im not diagnosed with it

apple2myeye!

apple2myeye!

it/its
Jun 3, 2022
Schizophrenia, bpd (possibly), and God knows hwat else.. wouldn't wish it on anyone

molassesmorasses

molassesmorasses

Human Ransom Note
Jul 15, 2022
Major depressive disorder, gender dysphoria, CPTSD (and con-complex PTSD, but typing both feels a bit silly, yeah?), BPD, schizophrenia, depersonalization-derealization disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, unspecified eating disorder (restrictive tendencies since I was 7, consistent anorexia with over-exercise and purging for control), substance use disorder, OCD (the only thing I've gotten better with, but it still flares up), ADHD, getting evaluated for mild autism at the moment.

Life is just a series of different realities changing and shifting, nothing stays the same. The god in my head makes sure I don't stay the same, yknow? Everything ebbs, flows. Everything is terrifying, my shaky hands can only grab hold of reality and personhood for so long before the carousel takes one more spin for good measure and my anamorphotic selfhood falls out of alignment and it is just fragments on pikes.

Long day at work. Overwhelmed. Sometimes I can feel more like a person, and I can pretend to others. Sometimes I need to let it out, like here, just to make sure it gets siphoned somewhere.

• Hugs
Reactions: NoLightRemains
W

wiltingorchid

Student
Apr 16, 2023
bpd, sometimes bad depressive episodes, and extreme hallucinations (not sure if i am schizo tho)
obviously, if the voices keep telling me to kill myself i believe them. not surprising tho.