• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Everything we accumulate in our lives either serves a practical purpose or emotional attachment.

I'm wondering what people have in their rooms that are part of their emotional inventory.

You would think depression would purge all meaning from life and some believe that it does because they COULD let everything go If they needed to. Yet they do not unless the extreme circumstance is met first.

As humans we can't help but covet things.
It's in our nature. Survival fragments from a lost history.

You probably don't even realize your attachments.
They're just things you've kept for one reason or another.

Mine are as follows just to name a few:

A wall tapestry I've had up for years.
No matter what I do to my room that always stays up.
It's an emotional attachment because it's edgy to me and gives my space a certain theme.

My bed that is an old futon. I probably should replace it but instead I just buy new comforters to add another layer to it. It's an emotional attachment because it's the first bed I ever bought for myself in my own living space.

These things have value to me alone.
They're unconscious tethers that I became aware of rather recently.

What do you posses or have had for many years for no practical reason?

Last edited:
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Mr. Kuma & my jewelry; i basically never take any of my jewelry off. as well as my fav books ive read over the years🧸i always keep them w me, take em from place to place.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Nothing lol. I don't think that anything is unconsciously important to me. Tbh nothing really matters to me.
Filthy human lies.
Every one has something.
A favorite shirt.
A favorite dress.
A favorite pencil.
A favorite pillow.

You are clearly not examining your surroundings and deciphering what you have kept for maybe unassuming reasons.

B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
Everything we accumulate in our lives either serves a practical purpose or emotional attachment.

I'm wondering what people have in their rooms that are part of their emotional inventory.

You would think depression would purge all meaning from life and some believe that it does because they COULD let everything go If they needed to. Yet they do not unless the extreme circumstance is met first.

It's an emotional attachment because it's edgy to me and gives my space a certain theme.

My bed that is an old futon. I probably should replace it but instead I just buy new comforters to add another layer to it. It's an emotional attachment because it's the first bed I ever bought for myself in my own living space.

I mean this doesn't pass the qualifications in regards to the last question... But probably the most sentimental thing I have is my backpack. It's been there having my back for a really long time since college.... It was there for me towards the end of college, working in the oncology ward, interviewing for medical school, medical school, and whatever this phase of my life is it's still there for me. It's been there for me in many ways. It's been there for me when people aren't/haven't been.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Filthy human lies.
Every one has something.
A favorite shirt.
A favorite dress.
A favorite pencil.
A favorite pillow.

You are clearly not examining your surroundings and deciphering what you have kept for maybe unassuming reasons.
What if I'm ambivalent about everything?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I mean this doesn't pass the qualifications in regards to the last question... But probably the most sentimental thing I have is my backpack. It's been there having my back for a really long time since college.... It was there for me towards the end of college, working in the oncology ward, interviewing for medical school, medical school, and whatever this phase of my life is it's still there for me. It's been there for me in many ways. It's been there for me when people aren't/haven't been.
That most definitely applies.
It's a combination of both practical and emotional.
It provides the service of holding your things and emotionally its a comfort and familiar object to you.

• Love
Reactions: brokeandbroken
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
What if I'm ambivalent about everything?
Hey siri... what does ambivalent mean?
Beep boop... it means having mixed or contradicting feels.
Thank you siri, you sexy beast.

Your tethers are clearly rooted more deeply.
It's kind of impossible to have no attachment.
I will investigate! Please hold.
Nothing really.
More lies!
You have something that is considered "normal" to you thats an object. Examine your surroundings and stuff. Take inventory+

Reactions: sserafim
vak

vak

🙃💕
Feb 13, 2024
I'm currently getting rid of things, and the hardest items to part with are those linked to my attempts to learn new skills. Like math books, a guitar, juggling balls, project ideas and drawings, etc. They are reminders of both hope and failure, causing difficult and conflicting emotions 😔

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
More lies!
You have something that is considered "normal" to you thats an object. Examine your surroundings and stuff. Take inventory+
If people or pet counts then sure (not sure if it counted or not so didn't say that), but that's more just liking them as a friend or pet. Everything I own serves a practical purpose to me and its value is directly related to the purpose I own it. If it no longer serves a practical purpose then it's no longer useful to me and I would get rid of it, and eventually I will get rid of everything I own but it'll be replaced by something else that serves whatever practical purpose I am in need of. There is nothing unconsciously important to me, at least not objects or materialistic things.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
If people or pet counts then sure (not sure if it counted or not so didn't say that), but that's more just liking them as a friend or pet. Everything I own serves a practical purpose to me and its value is directly related to the purpose I own it. If it no longer serves a practical purpose then it's no longer useful to me and I would get rid of it, and eventually I will get rid of everything I own but it'll be replaced by something else that serves whatever practical purpose I am in need of. There is nothing unconsciously important to me, at least not objects or materialistic things.
Then I guess your specific question is what is the item that you use the most? The one that hast the most practical daily use?

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
What's the purpose of frequency hacking in 2024? lol

You still fail the assignment but you've triggered a sub topic lol
Not like radio or stuff like that, but (almost) every type of signal can be intercepted through some frequency. I mostly use it to copy key cards, mess with simple access points or some types of cameras, and any other every day frequencies.

Reactions: seekingrelease22
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Not like radio or stuff like that, but (almost) every type of signal can be intercepted through some frequency. I mostly use it to copy key cards, mess with simple access points or some types of cameras, and any other every day frequencies.
That was a honey pot question LOL
I was actually looking into getting a flipper zero just to use the key card function to get into buildings of people I know. They overcharge for extra keys lol

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
You too failed the assignment lol
Those things by their very nature are near instantly expendable. Those are vices. I'm talking about specific objects. Things you've had for years and just feel comfortable with or have an attachment to.

Reactions: seekingrelease22
parallelluniverse

parallelluniverse

In Corpus Lamenti -into the body of lamentation...
Mar 3, 2024
I) My cherry sunburst 14 year old Epiphone Les Paul electric guitar. It's not that I really want to play music these days... it's sort of a comfort object these days and it looks nice. My acoustic guitar is more the one I want to play, when I'm not down that is.

II) My console. It's something that I've had in my room for years as a source of comfort when parents weren't there to interact with.

III) A black Harrington jacket that was bought for me by my 17 year old girlfriend when I was 19. It's in the cupboard, I don't wear it... haven't worn it since we broke up when I was 20 (I'm 30 now) but I don't think it will ever leave the cupboard space where I keep all the clothes I wear these days (black clothes mostly).

IV) I have a small camo bag that was from a webbing belt that I had when I was in the Army. I use it for cables, strings, picks, capo's and batteries now for my guitar.

I used to have lots of items, but poor life management by a parent meant we lost our house (bout 10 years ago) and had to put all of our things in storage. They couldn't cover the costs so we lost it all. Lots of those items though, that were probably sold off to auction, were definitely comfort items. I have my guitar though, and that coat - they mean something.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There is nothing that is important to me unconsciously. I know you're going to straight up say to me that it's impossible for that to happen but I honestly differ from the average human being in many ways due to my autism. I feel more like an alien than a human being. There truly isn't anything that I like within life. I thought that maybe I could like venting on my profile with the illusion of me venting to people but I don't even like that either

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Clothes that I'll never wear again and crystals not that they have real power like some people believe but they are pretty and I like to pretend they do anyways

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
My study items, my computer, my toys, sports, kitchen, brewery. I love and still use them, but I trained my self to live also without these things. I want my passions to be pure, not contaminated by society, i want to practice them with joy and freedom, not like an evasion from depression or sorrow, or when someone is watching me.

ToastCoast

ToastCoast

crispety and crunchety
Oct 11, 2023

A small ghost-cat keychain (it's name is ghosty)
I got it from my therapist

Reactions: divinemistress36
SoulCage

SoulCage

Dec 28, 2023
I recently got rid of 6 bags of clothes, many pieces that are attached to a memories that have been good but at the same time make me sick (because I can't re-live them). It was really sad, but I remembered that I wear them in photos and can access them in my digital emotional archive.
If I lose my data ... That would be devastating. That does count, right?

I also have a paper folder that has tons of drawings, cards and texts from my childhood. One day, I'll also digitalize it.

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024

The only thing I have kept that's important to me, consciously tho, is my gameboy color and a copy of pokemon gold I used to grind as a child.

O

Olisop21.

Student
Mar 15, 2024
Nothing lol. I don't think that anything is unconsciously important to me. Tbh nothing really matters to me
I am with you. Nothing is important to either. I don't care about anyone or anything. I am hollow, empty and numb.

TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
My garments- I have several favorites.

My necklace with a pendant of my brother's first initial.

My photographs from the past that I keep in a little vintage hat box in my closet. I barely recall memories, so the photos help me track time and places and people. I also keep some little odds and ends in that hat box, little notes or stickers or other things people have given me over the years...but I'm forgetting what most of those items even mean. I'm having a hard time placing their significance lately, and that fucking breaks my heart.

Practical items: organization tools. Compartments for my belongings, mostly so I don't lose them.

A special copy of Secret History by Donna Tarte. It was a favorite of mine and my deceased brother's. He introduced me to the book.

D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
Nothing is important to me; I'm not normal by any means.