• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

salai

salai

Oct 31, 2023
I've been thinking a lot about it lately.

What's the meaning of it all? Does existence have a reason? Should we continue the never ending searching of happiness, or just settle with what we have? Why were were created in the first place? Are we all born just to die? Is it all just an endless cycle of suffering and despair?

I stick to the idea that life is an invisible cage made by our consciousness, and we are the bird trapped inside of it. We constantly admire and yearn for the outside world, the peaceful and eternal nothingness, not knowing that we can take flight rather than wait for someone to free us.

Reactions: sserafim
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I see existence as the opposite of purposeful and meaningful, it's completely useless and unnecessary, I see the existence of life as the most horrific tragedy, it's an abomination with no deeper meaning behind it.
I believe humans only ask this question as they have the ability to be conscious and aware unlike animals but to me existence truly is just an endless cycle of suffering. The fact that life continues to be so harmfully brought here despite the fact that existence causes nothing but harm and just creates problems there was never a need for is beyond tragic.
I do see existence as nothing more than a futile process of just waiting to die where eventually no matter what this existence will permanently disappear into nothingness with all finally forgotten about, all that comforts me is the thought of being eternally unaware of everything.

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Well, if there is (negative) meaning in suffering, why reducing it isn't a meaning for life? Anything that makes the world better in some way has a purpose, IMO.

Reactions: Lilla
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There is no purpose. You can only even think about this question because two people have had sex with each other and you're the result of that. Also because you are more sapient than other animals to even consider questions such as this. That's it. There is no great or grand meaning. Humans aren't as special as they think they are and the world doesn't revolve around humanity. Humans are just merely a by product of the laws and nature of the universe... that's all we are. The universe is indifferent to us and will always be

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
There is no purpose. You can only even think about this question because two people have had sex with each other and you're the result of that. Also because you are more sapient than other animals to even consider questions such as this. That's it. There is no great or grand meaning. Humans aren't as special as they think they are and the world doesn't revolve around humanity. Humans are just merely a by product of the laws and nature of the universe... that's all we are. The universe is indifferent to us and will always be
Sex is the root of all evil

dinosavr

dinosavr

take me to the rooftop 🌃
Dec 14, 2023
We're just one of many animals species on this planet and thinking we're actually the essence of the universe is beyond stupid. No way any kind of god would be crazy enough to release such mess and let it spread out like that lol.
There is no point in life imo. None at all, unless you maybe enjoy it and want others to enjoy it with you. Otherwise, none.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Sex is the root of all evil
Is it really the root issue though? After all, without the big bang, there wouldn't be any organisms that formed hence there wouldn't be any sex at all. So, if we're talking about the root of all evil here, shouldn't we attribute that to the first event within the universe that started even the simplest of lifeforms to emerge?

Wait, I'm not taking it too literally, am I?

A

AnyWonderBR

Mar 22, 2024
Honestly, I have never once been convinced that living is the right thing for me to do. I have every reason to die, and I refuse to submit to this protean disaster of a reality.

I know people care, and hell, I've been put in hospitals and inpatient before. But they don't work, because this planet is not my home. You can't get me to agree to a premise I refuse to accept, life, a distorted logic that makes no sense.

Ontological incompatibly, followed by a world whose logic is built on an axiom that I can never agree with or tolerate. I don't understand how people can tolerate homelessness, wars, famines, abuse, and so on.

Like walking along a dark hallway filled with blood and corpses, I feel as though I was the only one in my own immediate life to see just how insane it all is. Yet here are these medications and therapeutic modalities to..."convince" you that you are the one in the wrong.

If I die, it means I die without this world claiming as one of its on own...that would make me whole.

Z

zengiraffe

Feb 29, 2024
"What is the meaning of life?" is a nonsensical question that assumes meaning existed before life. It didn't. It was life that gave birth to meaning. It would be similar to asking someone something like "Why did you choose to get born to your specific parents?"

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Is it really the root issue though? After all, without the big bang, there wouldn't be any organisms that formed hence there wouldn't be any sex at all. So, if we're talking about the root of all evil here, shouldn't we attribute that to the first event within the universe that started even the simplest of lifeforms to emerge?

Wait, I'm not taking it too literally, am I?
Yes, but people are perpetuating the suffering by having sex and procreating. Sex is the reason why we exist; it's the way that new life is brought into existence. If people were merciful, they would abstain from procreation. Life is suffering. If you're non-existent, you can never suffer. However, most people choose to disregard this fact and instead have kids. They bring new beings here to suffer

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Yes, but people are perpetuating the suffering by having sex and procreating. Sex is the reason why we exist; it's the way that new life is brought into existence. If people were merciful, they would abstain from procreation. Life is suffering. If you're non-existent, you can never suffer. However, most people choose to disregard this fact and instead have kids. They bring new beings here to suffer
I agree with all of this. I just think that, according to the butterfly effect, the root cause for suffering is the first event that happened within the universe (i.e. the big bang). Though, you are correct that people perpetuate the suffering by procreating and I wish that they would stop but unfortunately they won't. I think that a way to counteract this would be to allow euthanasia for those who want it so that those who want to continue to live and suffer can do so whereas those who don't want to suffer can have a way out. It'd be nice to never have been born but people will always be selfish so the next best thing is euthanasia

Illegal Preclear

Illegal Preclear

Planet's dying, Cloud.
Sep 6, 2022
Think about it like this: What would happen if all the humans on Earth just blinked out of existence? What would change? Would the Earth explode? Nope. Life on this Planet would go on the way it did in the billions of years before humanity existed. Animal and plant life both would be objectively better off. This would still be a flawed universe where everything dies and decays and whatnot, but the lifeforms that have always inhabited this place are much more well suited to this environment than us. It's a really pleasing thing to think about. All that cruelty and evil disappearing from the world and giving ownership of this Planet back to the lifeforms that were here waaayy before we turned it into a Prison.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Birth control is a beautiful invention

hopscotch

hopscotch

i am so good at not being very good its crazy
May 6, 2023
One of the main questions philosophy aims to solve is this. I subscribe to the notion that, like zengiraffe said, it's a useless question. Things just happen, and one of the things that happened happened to be life. One of those things also happened to be you, and happened to be me, and some more things happened that caused us both to be here. There was no meaning to any of it, except that this was what occurred. There is no point in worrying about purpose unless you're religious. However, if you ask the question because you'd like something to live your life by, the most popular option is to define your own purpose (Existentialism) or just live despite it all (Absurdism). Or you could ctb (Nihilism). Hence, this forum.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Birth control is a beautiful invention
Ok I never really understood this. And this is from a male perspective. Do people realise that if you do these acts you are likely to : get pregnant, get an STD, potentially change your life, etc. Why are so many people predispositioned to fast life strategy where they do risky stuff all the time and are more likely to die.

I never got people anyway but this is kinda an oxymoron to me. When it comes to rape and all that disgusting shit I get it but for everyone else - are you not worried about an infection changing your life? Life is already shit - just making it worse lol.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Ok I never really understood this. And this is from a male perspective. Do people realise that if you do these acts you are likely to : get pregnant, get an STD, potentially change your life, etc. Why are so many people predispositioned to fast life strategy where they do risky stuff all the time and are more likely to die.

I never got people anyway but this is kinda an oxymoron to me. When it comes to rape and all that disgusting shit I get it but for everyone else - are you not worried about an infection changing your life? Life is already shit - just making it worse lol.
Live fast die young

Reactions: losing hope
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
There is no purpose I think it's just to learn and experience
Live with some cockatoos and watch them do goofy shit all day. Animals are the only bit of light we have left. Plus my doggo. She's the best.

Bird Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Live fast die young
Yeah it's a personality type. Impulsive behaviour. It makes me sweat thinking about it. I even research anything I'm going to buy even bloody bird food lol.

• Yay!
Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Will I die too soon or live too long?
Oct 23, 2023
IMO, there is no objective meaning - or at least we don't know yet. But I do believe that life has meaning to people on a personal level, and it's different for everyone. For example, I believe that my life has no meaning anymore. For others, that might not be true. However, I think that the search for happiness is a universal struggle and is one purpose in life that we all share - whether that happiness can be found by living or ctb.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Live with some cockatoos and watch them do goofy shit all day. Animals are the only bit of light we have left. Plus my doggo. She's the best.

Yeah it's a personality type. Impulsive behaviour. It makes me swear thinking about it. I even research anything I'm going to buy even bloody bird food lol.
So this is what the dinosaurs have become 🤣

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024

Nope people don't think those things will happen to them . Blind optimism.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
So this is what the dinosaurs have become 🤣
Macaws, cockatoo, African greys - they are amazing. I actually get excited just talking about them and how it was at the sanctuary. They are little dinosaurs and are so different to all other mammals and reptiles.

Cockatoos are bonkers - they do the absolutely funniest shit sometimes!
Nope people don't think those things will happen to them . Blind optimism.
But it's so common lol. This is why masses doing stuff is never a good outcome.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024

Yeah it's a personality type. Impulsive behaviour. It makes me sweat thinking about it. I even research anything I'm going to buy even bloody bird food lol.
I'm fascinated with the crows that are always in my backyard i feel like they are observing me. A lot of spiritual practices believe birds are the messengers from the other side

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I'm fascinated with the crows that are always in my backyard i feel like they are observing me. A lot of spiritual practices believe birds are the messengers from the other side
!!!! Ok corvids are up there along with exotic birds. Get some monkey nuts (shelled) and start placing them in hidden places. A few weeks of that the crows will see that location as the "game area" . If you want to get really creative you can get wooden contraption devices and put the nuts inside and the crows have to figure out how to open it - warning - they'll do so quick you'll be bankrupt from buying the nuts.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
!!!! Ok corvids are up there along with exotic birds. Get some monkey nuts (shelled) and start placing them in hidden places. A few weeks of that the crows will see that location as the "game area" . If you want to get really creative you can get wooden contraption devices and put the nuts inside and the crows have to figure out how to open it - warning - they'll do so quick you'll be bankrupt from buying the nuts.
I will do that thank you

Reactions: Throwawayacc3
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There is no objective purpose of life. To me for me there is a purpose my subjective purpose for me . To escape this hell by commiting my suicide. otherwise there is no purpose . life is meaningless suffering.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
It depends on the person and their soul plan. This can be outlined with, for example, astrology (it is good to know, in addition to the birth chart, what planetary transitions are going on).

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
IMO, there is no objective meaning - or at least we don't know yet. But I do believe that life has meaning to people on a personal level, and it's different for everyone. For example, I believe that my life has no meaning anymore. For others, that might not be true. However, I think that the search for happiness is a universal struggle and is one purpose in life that we all share - whether that happiness can be found by living or ctb.
I don't why so many people use "happiness". I've always seen it as being content. Happy just screams LIES LIES FAKE IT.