Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Or documentary as well.
I finished the film 'Disney's Cruella' and I liked it a lot. There was a moment when I thought that if the film was a bit more hooligan and a step higher in dark humor, it could even pass for a Guy Ritchie film (in fact I would have liked it if he had given it a touch of his style).

But I enjoyed it a lot, even if I watched it in several days because I can't watch them all.
I recommend it.

//

O documental també.
Jo ahír vaig acabar la pel·lícula 'Disney's Cruella' i em va agradar molt. Va haver un moment que vaig pensar que si la película arriba a ser un pèl més gamberra i un escalafó més alt en humor negre, fins i tot podría passar per una d'en Guy Ritchie (de fet m'hagués agradat que li hagués donat una pinzellada del seu estil).

Pero la vaig gaudir molt, encara que la veiés en diversos dies perquè no puc veure-les senceres.
Us la recomano.

48894.jpg

Reactions: carmechanicer_keke, Rocinante and leeloosnow
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Barbarian.

It's a new horror movie that just released this year.

I really enjoyed it and how they introduced different characters, although I just felt like one little thing was missing, but don't want to spoil it.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: RemoteCarpet, Sweet Tart, kallemi and 6 others
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
Barbarian.

It's a new horror movie that just released this year.

I really enjoyed it and how they introduced different characters, although I just felt like one little thing was missing, but don't want to spoil it.
Oh shit. I watched it too. Absolutely crazy horror movie.. It was.. Very weird. It reminded me a lot about French New Wave horror movies.

The last movie I watched, though, was uh.. All Quiet on the Western Front. I already had watched the original movie. I liked that they were different, and still got the message across. Probably one of the most depressing movies I've ever watched, and it's why I like it so much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-31-20-02-46-16_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-31-20-02-46-16_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante, Venus13 and 2 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I'm watching all the star trek serieses atm, can't get enough of it

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante, castlebravo and 4 others
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
On Halloween night, I watched the English dub version of the French animated film Petit Vampire (a.k.a. Little Vampire).

• Yay!
Reactions: kallemi, Rocinante and Dead Ghost
D

Dying Failure

Oct 9, 2022
13 reasons why. And for good reasoning. To help me plan of how I would let everyone know I'm gone and what parts they each had to play in my going.

Reactions: Rocinante, leeloosnow, Venus13 and 1 other person
A

AutumnFire

Oct 12, 2022
Luca ❤️ it was lovely.

• Yay!
Reactions: Rocinante, Rogue Proxy, leeloosnow and 1 other person
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
Last movie I finished was wristcutters. It was really cute. I saw it posted here I think.

I recently started Westworld which is a fun watch for layered meaning. I might watch Euphoria because I think Zendaya's acting is really good and I'm paying for hbo anyway.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: LONE WOLF., Rocinante, leeloosnow and 1 other person
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
Im currently watching the handmaid's tale, it's creepy af

A4BB1BD5 F82D 4678 A313 60A2BA919AE0

• Yay!
Reactions: Rocinante, Twntysix, toasterbath and 3 others
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
  • Love
Reactions: Rocinante, MyFinalProject, StolenLife and 5 others
T

TheManIllNeverBe

Aug 3, 2022
Just finished watching "Only Murders in the Building" on hulu. Highly recommended to fans of mystery + comedy. It's well written, has a lot of good actors in it (Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez), and kept my interest the whole way along.

Reactions: Rocinante, Dead Ghost and niiina
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
Who Killed Captain Alex cured my depression for an hour. Thank you glorious Wakaliwood.

• Love
Reactions: ArchmagePrincess, Rocinante and Dead Ghost
D

didn't-it-rain

Nov 5, 2022
I just finished The Patient on Hulu, that was wonderful. that was the last show I binged, aside from the first three seasons of Search Party - debating watching the final two - and most of High Maintenance - last season's kind of a droll, so I'll go days without putting on an episode. cautiously approaching The Leftovers and Atlanta. Chernobyl was really good too.

last movie I watched was Chungking Express, I think

Reactions: Rocinante, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Dead Ghost
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Haven't watched a movie in a long time, the last one was Las Elegidas (The Chosen Ones) and the last tv show was Taxi Driver.

Reactions: Rocinante and Dead Ghost
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
'Black Mirror' series on Netflix. Reminded me of 'The Outer Limits' if anyone remembers them. Really good. Would highly recommend.

Reactions: Rocinante, leeloosnow, narval and 3 others
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
Last movie I watched was the 2009 "Watchmen", director's cut... I thought it was OK, although it seemed to struggle bringing all the narrative threads together in a convincing way. I figured out the "mystery" pretty quickly, so no surprises or suspense there. I haven't read the graphic novel, so I can't compare the two.

I don't remember the last tv series I finished. Last one I enjoyed was the 2010 "Three Kingdoms," although I got bogged down a little over halfway through. I'll have to finish it one of these days, or read the book, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, Celerity and Dead Ghost
wiltedLotus

wiltedLotus

World drifts in, and the world’s a stranger..
Nov 8, 2022
Doctor Strange & the Multiverse of Madness

***Spoilers Ahead***
I saw it in theaters months ago before I had even started to seriously think about taking an exit, and back then found myself sympathizing with the villain and her motivations.
Watching it again, now, days away from my exit, it hit even harder. Wanda saw another universe in which she could be happy and where she wouldn't be alone. She says that all of her powers are basically insignificant if she is totally alone, and then goes on a war path to try and attain that happiness and community that she craves. I couldn't relate more, in a realistic sense (I'm not delusional thinking I'm the scarlet witch). Just thematically, it hits so hard. I would give everything/anything to jump into a parallel universe where I'm happy and have people that love me and where I'm not totally isolated. Any 'talents' or things that make me 'special' haven't ended up meaning shit for me in this life because of all of my mental health problems always stand in the way. I'd trade it all in a second
I guess just the overarching theme that this life is the only one we have an dreaming about some other reality is fruitless really cut deep

But it is also an awesome, super fun action movie…I just found a personal connection to one of the characters, not the first time I have sympathized with the villain who's motivations seemed totally reasonable

• Yay!
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I still need to finish home sweet home a korean horror drama on netflix.

castlebravo

castlebravo

Oct 9, 2022
Rick and Morty. A favorite of my daughters. Hits all the nerd notes and scifi humor I'm fond of.

Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante and Dead Ghost
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
R.63d5f33be10f921242bc11b7a87a02cf

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing

It took me 3 days to watch it (I watch all movies in chunks, I can't do more), but I have been able to keep up with it and I can only say that, despite its hard plot, it is a mind-blowing film in which each of the characters are very well worked and balanced as a whole, all of them having their importance in the different events that happen in the development of the plot... it would be unfair to say that there is a main protagonist and a cast of supporting actors. At the same time, it also blurs what is meant by antagonist from the viewer's point of view.

However I have to warn of the harshness of the film for its violence both verbal and physical as well as for the emotions it can arouse within us.

I enjoyed it very much.

//

He tardat 3 dies en veure-la (veig totes les películes a troços, no hi puc fer mes), però he pogut seguir el seu ritme i només puc dir que, tot i la seva duresa argumental, és una película alucinant on cadascún dels personatges estàn molt ben treballats i equilibrats en conjunt, tenint tots ells la seva importància en els diferents esdeveniments que succeixen en el desenvolupament de la trama... sería injust dir que hi ha un protagonista principal i un elenc d'actors secundaris. Alhora també desdibuixa el que s'enten per antagonista desde el punt de vista de l'espectador.

Tot i això he d'advertir de la duresa de la película per la seva violéncia tant verbal com física així com per les emocions que poden despertar dins nostre.

Jo l'he gaudit molt.

Reactions: Rocinante, leeloosnow, didn't-it-rain and 1 other person
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
House of the Dragon. Last anime series was Made in the Abyss

Reactions: Rocinante, Twntysix and Dead Ghost
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I've been enjoying 70s martial arts films recently. A bit cheesy at times but entertaining, and I enjoy the effort that goes in to choreographed fight scenes.

Reactions: leeloosnow, Ringo and Dead Ghost
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
What I watch now, after Handmaid's Tale to feel less creeped out is Lucifer, it's very silly and stupid but very entertaining when you don't want to watch anything serious. 😹

E9ED5835 0F40 4DF6 8F41 15E3C1E545FA

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: LittleJem, Rocinante, spixs_macaw and 3 others
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Some really cheap horror movie on Tubi. It was a good effort but you could tell the money wasn't there and lots of friends were cast. The one before that (another horror movie but found footage) had the pretty people and such but was so stupid that it was aggravating.

• Yay!
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
The last thing i really liked, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Really good, it reminded me to "ghost in the shell" in a good way.

BTW, dind't played the game (potato PC)

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Last movie I watched was the 2009 "Watchmen", director's cut... I thought it was OK, although it seemed to struggle bringing all the narrative threads together in a convincing way. I figured out the "mystery" pretty quickly, so no surprises or suspense there. I haven't read the graphic novel, so I can't compare the two.

I don't remember the last tv series I finished. Last one I enjoyed was the 2010 "Three Kingdoms," although I got bogged down a little over halfway through. I'll have to finish it one of these days, or read the book, haha.
I have a difficult time rating that movie. Sometimes, it works for me, but sometimes it really, really doesn't. I prefer the theatrical version to the director's cut mostly because I absolutely despised the Black Freighter comic subplot. I have noticed that the characters I sympathize with has changed a lot as I have gotten older and gained more experience.

As for me, I did a drunk viewing of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. As I was a child when I last saw this movie, much of it just flat-out didn't make sense before, including the suicide at the end of the movie, which I had completely forgotten. Though the suicide is still tragic, it hits very differently than most depictions I have seen in film. For all the movie's flaws, I think it is worth seeing, so I can't explain this without spoiling the movie's major themes.

One of the two doomed love stories at the center of the movie is played so close to the chest that you can blink and miss it, and seeing it is required to make the movie work, IMO. One of the few critics I read who penned a negative review argued that it was a major weakness of the movie and a waste of Michelle Yeoh's acting talents. I have to agree - she and the leading man could have used more development and screen time - but their intense yet subtle pining was pronounced just enough for it to hit me the right way and have me care about a movie that I would normally dismiss out of hand.

Reactions: Rocinante, jandek and Dead Ghost
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
I have a lot of free time so I've seen a lot lf movies lately. Yesterday watched the first 2 John Wicks since I'd only seen the third. The first was generally better, especially in terms of pacing. However, the second had some of the better high points so I'm not too sure which I prefer.

Today saw The Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2. 100% recommend watching them back to back. It's impressive how much fun and action Sam Raimi was able to draw out of such a small location. I personally prefer seeing the second movie as a sequel rather than a reboot because I enjoy the idea of Ash having the worst few days of his life just never being able to catch a break.

Also enjoyed The Lighthouse much more than I expected to. Difficult to pin down exactly which genre it falls under. Regardless, it has more of William Dafoe's glorious acting so that's enough for me to like it on its own.

Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante, didn't-it-rain and 1 other person
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
I have a lot of free time so I've seen a lot lf movies lately. Yesterday watched the first 2 John Wicks since I'd only seen the third. The first was generally better, especially in terms of pacing. However, the second had some of the better high points so I'm not too sure which I prefer.

Today saw The Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2. 100% recommend watching them back to back. It's impressive how much fun and action Sam Raimi was able to draw out of such a small location. I personally prefer seeing the second movie as a sequel rather than a reboot because I enjoy the idea of Ash having the worst few days of his life just never being able to catch a break.

Also enjoyed The Lighthouse much more than I expected to. Difficult to pin down exactly which genre it falls under. Regardless, it has more of William Dafoe's glorious acting so that's enough for me to like it on its own.
the whole evil dead movies and netflix serie is great :)

Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante, BruhXDDDDD and 1 other person
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Haikyu!

Haikyu.jpg

I've been following this series for a while now and I'm really enjoying it. I like how friendship, camaraderie, the spirit of overcoming, the innate strength of all the characters are treated... also in the technical part it is very well resolved, the work of the animators is of a high level in the matches, in fact it is very surprising how the movements in the actions of the players are worked.

//

Fa temps que estic seguint aquesta serie i l'estic gaudint molt. M'agrada com es tracta l'amistat, el companyerisme, l'esperit de superació, la fortalesa innata de tots els personatges... també en la part técnica està molt ben resolta, el treball dels animadors es d'un gran nivell en els partits, de fet sorprén moltíssim com estàn de treballats els moviments en les accions dels jugadors.

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, MyFinalProject and leeloosnow