• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

aeon

aeon

XIII
Dec 6, 2020
Human noise. Everything is so noisy today, and most people seem to really appreciate it. TVs-sound bar-radio-phones volume turned all the way up, loud enough to shake the house, ugh.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
People being slow in stores...don't you know what you came here for? why do you have to stand in the middle of the way? why do you have to examine that one product I just want to buy?
Hahaha I'm so with you there. That dopey tw*t that stands in the middle of the aisle with the trolley cross ways on, staring at his phone or just staring into space. I just go up to him, get hold of the trolley and move it out of the way. :pfff:

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Ignorance!
I'm not a genius but I just dislike people who never wonder about the mysteries of life and the universe! I mean, just existing is nearly impossible! We beat millions of other spermatozoids in order to be born! WTF! And people are just like... "Okay. I exist. Gotta find a husband/wife, have children, work a lot, and die."

*pukes after typing*

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
People who use text speak because they're '2 lzy 2 rite prpr' English.
Alternatively, the fact that text speak is still prevalant in ads and commericals in 2020. For example, the ads encouraging people to set aside their phone while driving...and the example set for us is a person texting "Drvng, tlk 2 u l8tr"

Who actually texts like this???
Cotton wool. Disgusting stuff and should be banned.
Ew, and sherpa. It ruins an otherwise nice robe and blanket.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Alternatively, the fact that text speak is still prevalant in ads and commericals in 2020. For example, the ads encouraging people to set aside their phone while driving...and the example set for us is a person texting "Drvng, tlk 2 u l8tr"

Who actually texts like this???
No one anymore because we all have smart phones? :pfff:

I think that is an example of a design phenomenon, the name of which I can't remember. Similar to when you see the icon for a telephone and it's of an old fashioned rotary phone rather than what we actually use. The design motif has become so embedded in our consciousness that it is still used in advertising. Either that or it's just a shit advert.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Ignorance!
I'm not a genius but I just dislike people who never wonder about the mysteries of life and the universe! I mean, just existing is nearly impossible! We beat millions of other spermatozoids in order to be born! WTF! And people are just like... "Okay. I exist. Gotta find a husband/wife, have children, work a lot, and die."

*pukes after typing*
Curiosity and wonder are very good qualities, but I personally try to give people some grace if their life just sucks, if they have mental illness, etc. Kinda hard to ponder these types of things if your mind is occupied with all of that.
People that talk about "most people"...
I do that, I'll admit it. :ahhha: It bothers me, especially when I do talk like that, because it just sounds smug. But it can be alright to say it with the right context, or if they qualify their statement by saying "It seems like most people..."

Last edited:
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
No one anymore because we all have smart phones? :pfff:

I think that is an example of a design phenomenon, the name of which I can't remember. Similar to when you see the icon for a telephone and it's of an old fashioned rotary phone rather than what we actually use. The design motif has become so embedded in our consciousness that it is still used in advertising. Either that or it's just a shit advert.
Or the floppy disc on Word. That's a good point though, I'd imagine people texted like that when you only had the barebones basic flip phones. I can't imagine having to text like that now...

I think they're really just shitty adverts at this point. A good ad is made knowing their (main) intended audience.

Side note... I heard that the U.S. government was still using floppy discs for pertinent information until 2019. Maybe it was tax info or something, I can't remember.

Last edited:
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
People being slow in stores...don't you know what you came here for? why do you have to stand in the middle of the way? why do you have to examine that one product I just want to buy?

This! Especially when they don't walk on a straight line so you can't pass. :ehh: :pfff:

Noisy stuff, loud TV, repetitive noises, beeping (microwave, washing machine when it's done washing), talking people, chewing noises, mouth noises in general, clicking pens, heavy breathing

I agree! Why do these bother you? :smiling:

I find them distracting in some setting & grating on the ears in others.

people chewing with their mouth open. I almost lost my shit over that.

Thank you! It's like, "yeeeeeaah, I don't need to see or hear anything in your mouth..." :meh: :ahhha:

Ugh, yes, one of my pet hates as well!

Irresponsible dog owners who don't pick up after their dogs!

People who use text speak because they're '2 lzy 2 rite prpr' English.

Yes & Yes, both highly annoying- especially the dog one. So gross. :mmm:

Cotton wool. Disgusting stuff and should be banned.

Ouu, I get this, when it comes to fabrics- velvet... *shudders*:haha:

What don't you like about cotton wool?