• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Noisy stuff, loud TV, repetitive noises, beeping (microwave, washing machine when it's done washing), talking people, chewing noises, mouth noises in general, clicking pens, heavy breathing
CLOCKS TOO!!

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Satisfying basic needs. I rarely ever get to hear complaints about having to deal with hunger, thirst, fatigue, dirtiness, maintaining body temperature, that sort of stuff.
I agree with you.

I can't say that I would dwell on it too much, though as my physical health changed, I notice more & more my distaste for taking care of my ADLs (Activities of Daily Living).

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Crowds which walk extremely slow.
They're just happy, walking slower than a snail when I happen to be in a rush!!

Been late in many places because of this so what I do now, is walk on the streets I know there are less people but I live in Buenos Aires, a big city so it's really hard not to find people lol

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Crowds which walk extremely slow.
They're just happy, walking slower than a snail when I happen to be in a rush!!

Been late in many places because of this so what I do now, is walk on the streets I know there are less people but I live in Buenos Aires, a big city so it's really hard not to find people lol
Yes! A million times, yes. The best part is them getting mad at you for passing them.

:pfff: "Why are you mad? I'm late!"

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Getting complimented by people I'm familiar with. It always seems so fake and condescending. Sometimes I'm fine with compliments from strangers but even then I can't help shake the feeling that they may have an ulterior motive.

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Getting complimented by people I'm familiar with. It always seems so fake and condescending. Sometimes I'm fine with compliments from strangers but even then I can't help shake the feeling that they may have an ulterior motive.

I feel this. The compliments often feel disingenuous.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Laptop culture
I recently started back at uni to finish my degree and it was just expected that I would have a laptop. It's also expected that every primary school child has one.
I've always had desktops as I have no insurance and terrible eyesight,so I have a huge screen and tons of wires that would make it a huge challenge for anyone to steal

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Laptop culture
I recently started back at uni to finish my degree and it was just expected that I would have a laptop. It's also expected that every primary school child has one.
I've always had desktops as I have no insurance and terrible eyesight,so I have a huge screen and tons of wires that would make it a huge challenge for anyone to steal
I can appreciate this. I can definitely understand how this would be frustrating. I noticed the same things when I was in school. It shows a disregard for individual incomes levels & forces people have to take higher & higher loan amounts just to enroll.

Were you able to find a solution that worked for you?

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I've said this before but incorrect use of

Apostrophe's
Apostrophes'
Apostrophe's'
A'p'o's't'r'o'p'h'e's'
I think I give myself a little too much creative license with that type of thing.
I wonder if I even make grammatical sense at times.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I can appreciate this. I can definitely understand how this would be frustrating. I noticed the same things when I was in school. It shows a disregard for individual incomes levels & forces people have to take higher & higher loan amounts just to enroll.

Were you able to find a solution that worked for you?
I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy one.
I'm looking about for charities that offer funding for disabled people returning to education and have my eye on a Xiaomi laptop as I recently brought their latest phone and their tech is amazing for the price.
Going to have to insure the bloody thing too

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Something that has always bothered me is people who read to themselves OUT LOUD, or people who take tests and read the questions and answers-again- OUT LOUD. And I mean with other people around trying to concentrate.
Can they not read inside their own heads!? Used to drive me crazy in school and interfere with my own test taking, but I never wanted to ask them to stop, incase there was a legitimate reason they were doing it (if they even realized it). Plus, one of the kids who seemed to do it religiously was one of the few nice people I was acquainted with, so I really didn't want to seem like an ass toward him.

• Hugs
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy one.
I'm looking about for charities that offer funding for disabled people returning to education and have my eye on a Xiaomi laptop as I recently brought their latest phone and their tech is amazing for the price.
Going to have to insure the bloody thing too

Hmm, damn. I don't like that you're being backed into a corner on this. =\ I don't know that specific laptop, personally but I hope it works well. I Here's hoping you're able to find a charity that can support you.

Oh & I don't know if your school offers this option, is there a way to speak with Accessibility (disability) services, to have someone become a note taker for you? That way, you wouldn't have to buy your own laptop.
—/—/—​

@LastFlowers
I can appreciate this. It was nice of you to still be compassionate despite the fact that it irritated you so much. I, myself, have ADHD, so it irritates me when people do it, because I lose my train of thought.

Though I will admit I'm an offender. :ahhha: I read out loud when I'm having trouble processing what I've read. Like I'm feeling anxious so my mind feels like a jumble.

Last edited:
Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Hmm, damn. I don't like that you're being backed into a corner on this. =\ I don't know that specific laptop, personally but I hope it works well. I Here's hoping you're able to find a charity that can support you.

Oh & I don't know if your school offers this option, is there a way to speak with Accessibility (disability) services, to have someone become a note taker for you? That way, you wouldn't have to buy your own laptop.
—/—/—​

@LastFlowers
I can appreciate this. It was nice of you to still be compassionate despite the fact that it irritated you so much. I, myself, have ADHD, so it irritates me when people do it, because I lose my train of thought.

Though I will admit I'm an offender. :ahhha: I read out loud when I'm having trouble processing what I've read. Like I'm feeling anxious so my mind feels like a jumble.
Omg..what if I'm an offender too and I don't even realize it lol, your comment just made me wonder!

• Hugs
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018

—/—/—​

I can apply for a bursary but there are also quite a few independent charities that you can apply to for various amounts. I'm hoping that if I explain everything,honestly-all the mental health shit,suicide attempts,brain damage and 30 year drug habit,they will take pity on me and throw me a bone

• Love
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
Unfair and awful society.

I cannot stand it. I think I never fit in anywhere in my country.

• Hugs
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
@kkatt

That's a good idea to pool resources. I really hope it works out for you, especially if you're being honest with them about what you're going through. They would have to be heartless to deny you.

I wish you well, good luck. :)
Unfair and awful society.

I cannot stand it. I think I never fit in anywhere in my country.
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. HUGS. I hope you can feel like you fit in here.
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Rose