• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
My mom planted this idea that I should get an emotional support dog. What would that entail? What would that look like? While I do have a cat, he's not really for emotional support. Sure he purrs and it's soothing but he's not overly affectionate and he's not trained.

It's also really scary for me thinking if this because having a dog is a HUGE responsibility for me. I have to actively be there for them. Cats are self efficient and shit in a box. With dogs I need to walk them, do potty breaks (seprate from walking), properly train them, are financially a bigger burden than cats due to Heartworm protection, flea and other parasitic protection.

Also I don't have anyone I can really live with long term if I lose my housing. I live alone, I'm very independent ( I try to be at least), I don't have anyone to lean on if my depression gets bad enough to where I get kicked out from not working or other unfortunate events.

It's just scary thought but maybe it could be good for me.

Reactions: broth0100
Ardere

Ardere

Mar 6, 2024
I have a dog, it's not an assistance dog, but I've taught him a lot.
I can say that he helps me a lot.

You learn to take responsibility and solve problems.