• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
A life where you're a billionaire or trust fund/nepo baby, and don't have to make or worry about money. The main thing that this world revolves around is money. Money is a tool that enables you to do things and have comforts. Even basic needs (which should be human rights) cost money; nothing is free. "Whoever who said money can't solve your problems, must not have had enough money to solve them."

Last edited:
casandranova29

casandranova29

Lone robot in abandoned realm
Mar 29, 2024
My religion says that life comes with 4 major problems.
First is being born into this world. If u r alive, YOU WILL HAVE TO SUFFER, no matter what.
Second is diseases.
Third is old age, you will become weak, fragile, multiple illnesses, etc.
Fourth is death.

So there is no such thing as "good life". There is no one who doesn't have to suffer through life.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
My religion says that life comes with 4 major problems.
First is being born into this world. If u r alive, YOU WILL HAVE TO SUFFER, no matter what.
Second is diseases.
Third is old age, you will become weak, fragile, multiple illnesses, etc.
Fourth is death.

So there is no such thing as "good life". There is no one who doesn't have to suffer through life.
What's the point of being born then if life is suffering? Why do we have to suffer?

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
having enough money to really live and not have to work at all
This is the true good life. Most people aren't even living; they're just surviving

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
None, I don't see how life could ever be good, I see life as very evil as it's the source of all suffering. Human existence is such an abomination to me especially as there is literally no limit as to how torturous it can get, the existence of life is such a horrific tragedy. I'd always prefer to not exist as there are no disadvantages to being eternally unaware yet all existing beings are capable of feeling such extreme pain and agony in an existence where chance so senselessly determines everything.

The only good to me is the eternal absence of existence but the only true perfection lies in never existing at all. Existence truly is such an hellish imposistion that was completely useless and unnecessary in the first place causing nothing but harm, why procreate when nobody can suffer from never existing at all.

All that humans are doing is waiting to die in futile existences that just lead to decay and death anyway with them destined for nothing but to inevitably be tortured by old age, I'd certainly always prefer to not exist no matter what as I don't want to suffer in any way. For me ceasing to exist is a beautiful release from the evil that is existence, there's nothing good about how life has tormented existing beings all throughout history.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Guess we will just have to keep ctb each life then
I heard that some souls actually repeat a pattern of ctb. The only way to escape the cycle is nirvana or for humanity to band together and stop procreating, but the latter will never happen lol. Another possible way could be to not go into the light, but I don't know what would happen to you…

Last edited:
Reactions: davidtorez
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Where I live, having a "good life" means having a wife and children, having a stable job that allows you to support your family; having a social life, influencing people, and being a role model, with an emphasis on masculinity and other nonsense.

For me, my definition of a "good life" doesn't exist. I would only think of a peaceful mind and other things, but that's something I would only see in my fantasies...

tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
A life where you're a billionaire or trust fund/nepo baby, and don't have to make or worry about money. The main thing that this world revolves around is money. Money is a tool that enables you to do things and have comforts. Even basic needs (which should be human rights) cost money; nothing is free. "Whoever who said money can't solve your problems, must not have had enough money to solve them."
This is partially true.
Having a lot of money is for sure a good thing, but if you have this lot of money it means that your family was a really organized and smart one in the past generations and 'they made it'. Plus money is not everything, with money you can buy 'resources' and 'work', but if you don't know how to manage resources and you have no skills, you will loose money very easy.
If you think about it, you can become rich in every generation(there are ppl that became billionairs even in this generation), but it is strictly correlated to your character, perseverance, will to do it and stuff..

destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Student
Feb 16, 2024
Good life is :

Excellent health. Health is the foundation of life. There is nothing without health. We realize this only when it's gone.

Money wasnt that big a deal in the past but now, money is very important. Everything needs money

Altho it is not a must, having a few good friends n a nice gf/bf would be good additions if the above two conditions are met

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
What would the alternative be?
That's the whole problem with this being born/instantiated into a vessel with shitty memory/cognition starting from scratch and having complete amnesia. Who knows.
That's yet another depressing thought. Finally that itch to figure out just what the fuck is going on with this whole experiencing existence thing...except too bad your ass is gonna get recycled somewhere and memory wiped again.

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
Why do so many people in this thread want a partner?
Have always been very introverted and generally vexed by social interactions and thoroughly enjoying solitude for most of my life.
However, I found there was a personal limit eventually. Just part of being a human with needs. I thought I was learning what really fit me after long days of shitty fake professional interactions at office followed by gossipy and one-upping happy hours left me feeling awful and having respite being away from it. However, and most unfortunately, it is like deciding you no longer need food after gorging at a big ass buffet and feeling ill. Or no longer want sex which seems gross and mind-bogglingly stupid after just rubbing a load out. These human wants, needs, and drives keep coming back like a horrifying game of whack-a-mole.

Everyone will vary in their specific needs. For example some people may do well on certain diets and enjoy different foods at specific levels of consumption, have different sexual interests, and finally have different social needs as well.
Sadly the social aspect is very tough to find the correct level. Culture (ALL of them) demands a lot of fake bullshit and compliance and self-sacrifice to even get a chance to connect with a person and slowly start discovering the many incompatibilities or chipping away slowly at differences in compromise to build bonds and rejoicing in the far fewer shared joys. After painstakingly building these bonds, we often find they were built on bullshit foundations from the start, we betray each other, we are ripped away by the necessities of life (usually financial but there are many other cultural possibilities), or are otherwise catapulted back into solitude and facing the harsh, phony, defensive, impersonal, and demanding social environment we so dread. All despite best efforts.

No comfort among people. But needing some genuine companionship. Some. It could be miniscule. But it must be authentic, and that is very tough to get. Paying for a hug or watching foreign souls on a movie screen won't cut it. Negative thoughts ricochet off the walls of our closed mind with nowhere to go. Solitude no longer comforts because all experiences just come and fizzle and we doubt ourselves and feel insufficient without some degree of sharing, also despite best efforts to meditate away and assure ourselves we are enough and do not need anyone. Psychosis and derealization/depersonalization set in.

So we have to find a way to cherish good relationships IF we are able to get them in the first place. Usually we take them for granted or doubt them due to the extensive history of phony bullshit and disappointments. There's that lovely 'soul growth' and wisdom that's always hyped up, which is in other words finding out the right way shoulda/woulda/coulda when it is too late.

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
I heard your soul chooses . If so our higher selves are dumbasses
You cannot choose unless you have reached nirvana. Then you can decide whether you wish to attain parinirvana [moksha] or whether you'd like to rebirth to continue spreading your knowledge of Buddhism to others to help them attain nirvana as well [bodhisattva].

There was a story that Herodotus [ancient greece] told. Solon, a wise man, et with Croesus, the king of Lydia.

Croesus: Who's the happiest person in the world?
Solon: Tellus, a peasant man, is the happiest man in the world.

Croesus is flabberghasted. He thought because he had all this wealth and power that he would be considered the happiest man.
Croesus: Why is he the happiest?

Solon: Tellus had beautiful/good children, saw all his grandkids from birth and all are still alive. At the end of his life, there was a war and he died honourably, and the Athenians buried him where he fell [which is a great honour].

Croesus: Aight who's the second most happy man in the world?

Solon: Brothers known as Kleobis and Biton. Their mother's ox couldn't be found, so the brothers hauled their mother by cart six miles to the temple. The mother prayed to Hera to bless them. When the prayer was over, the boys fell asleep and never woke up. They died peacefully in their prime and they had statues dedicated of them.

Croesus: Why am I not considered the happiest? I have all this wealth and power. I'm still alive and they're dead.

Solon: The story isn't over until it's over. [I'm copypasting from the wikipedia now because I can't remember it word for word lol] " "the uncertainties of life mean that no one can be completely happy." Either one can experience the joys of having continuous prosperity, much like Tellus, or one can experience a life of death, which can be granted as a reward like it was to Kleobis and Biton. The lesson of the legend is to showcase that those who live a moderately happy life are shown to have a glamorous death. It also shows that "it was better for a man to die than to live.""

Last edited:
Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Will I die too soon or live too long?
Oct 23, 2023
One where (at the end) you don't feel like you missed out on anything and where you've done everything you wanted

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
having enough money to really live and not have to work at all
having very good health
having a partner
Having a partner part is iffy. They leave at the drop of a hat and now you have to live with that eternal torture. It's way more complicated than just "having a partner". Then you go off relationships for life. Had 1 partner. 4 years down the drain.

AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
I used to think not working and spending all my time on the computer would be the best life but now I wish I was working again.

I think a good life is within most of our reach. Be reasonably healthy (but you don't have to go to the gym all the time), have some kind of income that doesn't make you want to kill yourself, have some regular social interaction (even one or two friends), and just have some goal to make you wake up in the morning. I say if you have that you have the capacity to be fulfilled.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Why do so many people in this thread want a partner?
Because as an introvert when you have a person - I did actions rather than talking. So when we went to zoo I'd map out the owl which was one of her favourite animals and she would like that. I liked doing little actions and it was my way of giving. Problem is financials changed, depression hit heavy and then she starts to pull away. Then comes back then goes off again. It was like a switch. It's so messed up because what if I was on the death bed - she'd leave right? I mean I can't work as I'm about to die and I am certainly depressed (possibly if this was before the whole joining this site). Sound bad?

So it's 4 years gone. I remember everything due to my brain network. I have folders and photos all systemically organised on my phone so when I swipe left it shows a "memory". Now it's all gone? Because of money? Or because I got depressed because I had no control over the business and shitty people.

It's really fucking difficult to even explain this. Fuck.