• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

What increases you anxiety?

• Meeting new people

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • job

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Responsibilities that I have

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Being in public

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Group talking

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Minor inconveniences (missed bus, accidently locked any account, dropped stuff)

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Procrastination

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • School/university

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Random (generalized anxiety)

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
T

tuto170

Student
Jul 1, 2019
Hello, I wanted to ask what causes you the most anxiety that makes you think of suicide or make your life unbearable, for me it is minor inconveniences, for example - I got my online banking log in details blocked by an accident and i started panicking and went on to practise partial hanging, my thoughts were rushing and I thought my direct debits wont get paid and i get in trouble and I blamed myself for it. I try to recover, but if any minor inconvenience happens, it takes my whole day away from focusing on anything else, not even when my mom tries to calm me down I still panic and feel anxious.

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
My worst panic attacks happen in group courses where we are with like 10 people

Especially when you have to answer a question or confirm your attendance

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
I have Complex regional pain syndrome which is the highest ranking pain condition in medical history. I'm always in pain but when the pain flares up or I get angry and my blood pressure rises the pain gets worse and my anxierty gets worse. Having to leave the house in pain makes me anxious. Going to pain management makes me anxious. My grandfather coming over makes me anxious because he and my mother always argue and that makes my pain worse. Taking a shower and blow drying my hair makes me anxious because it hurts. I get anxious when I do something wrong and I wind up in pain over it because I know I did it to myself and then I hate myself. I get anxious when I get hurt and I don't know how long the flare is going to last or if it won't even go away. I get anxious knowing nothing is going to become of my life. That I'm never going to find love and understand what that feels like. And I get anxious wondering if my suicide attempt is going to work.

1. Hello, I wanted to ask what causes you the most anxiety that makes you think of suicide or make your life unbearable, for me it is minor inconveniences, for example - I got my online banking log in details blocked by an accident and i started panicking and went on to practise partial hanging, my thoughts were rushing and I thought my direct debits wont get paid and i get in trouble and I blamed myself for it. I try to recover, but if any minor inconvenience happens, it takes my whole day away from focusing on anything else, not even when my mom tries to calm me down I still panic and feel anxious.
    You should really try and see a therapist because I bet they could help you. If you find the right one, I'm sure they can give you tools that will help you rid yourself of a lot of that anxiety. If it's taking up your entire day then that is no way to live. Especially when they are very minor. Have you gone to therapy for or seen a psychiatrist that could give you medication to help? It's sounds like you have obsessive thoughts. Like OCD maybe. I know what that is like. And it's hell. I can have a thought on my mind all day and it won't let up. Especially when I do something wrong that contributes to my pain. There's no stopping the thoughts.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Misanthrope
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
Opening my fridge aware I have to eat. Finding out my care hours have been reduced yet I have actually got sicker.