voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
Near death =!= post-death. They're just hallucinations from your brain that has images of what heaven and hell are. They are just cultural constructs. If you look at the natural world, you'll see how nihilistic and nonjudgmental it is. We all die (and I mean DIE die) no matter of what you did in life. From the sweetest saint to the most diabolical sinner, the outcome is the exact same: Death.
Exactly. There are also a lot of people who have had near death experiences and say they simply saw nothing.

Reactions: marcusuk63
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
If the basis for your fears is Christian, you have nothing to worry about, since there is nothing in scripture that speaks against taking ones own life. I would in fact, disregard all organized religion; and certainly not think that a lack of belief in higher power would incur judgement. It appears that much of the anger people have in regards to this is due to the humans that are so obsessed with their existence here that they want to impose their hypocritical and often twisted beliefs on others to suit their own agenda. Don't let others tell you what God/ an intelligent higher power thinks of you. These humans are no different from the ones who will tell you to "just be positive!", ie. totally ignorant of your subjective experience.

Reactions: Good4Nothing and esse_est_percipi
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've been in a comma for almost two days and even though I wasn't dead, I felt and saw nothing at all.
I'd describe it as simply a quiet darkness.

However, if there's really an afterlife and it's worse than living on this planet, I guess we'll CTB or look for any way out too. There's always one. That's what I believe at least.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I think I remember YEWH is one of several of the Hebrew Pantheon Gods. Specifically, The God of War.

YEWH

A

aBLEACHyindividual

Sep 5, 2020
Well I am a Christian and as far as I know if ive sinned enough I'll burn but not eternally I will burn to ashes into nothingness and that'll be that.

K

Katguld

Sep 19, 2020
Hey guys, I know I might seem like a coward. I actually was planning my suicide for the end of the month I ordered briquettes, a tent, a chimney and I even deleted most of my social media and cut ties with many friends.
And then waiting for the date to come I was watching a horror game and it was so scary that it would be unimaginable to live in it, and right after I thought « what makes me think that after dying I won't end up in a scarier place than this horror game? What makes me think that I will be safe? What makes me think that I won't actually suffer more than I do now? » no answers was there in my mind, actually I have no evidence that suicide will help me, I have no proofs that it will be better...
that same week I made multitude nightmares and at some point I was so scared that I couldn't sleep with the light off. I dreamt that I was decapitated but I was still conscious, of a zombie apocalypse, of a red dehydrated monster repeating words, of all my fears...
I'm so mentally unstable that a nightmare is enough to scare me and dissuade me of a plan that I planned since 7 months.
I'm scared to end up in all those horror games that I watched, that I get trapped in my own fears.
So maybe living is actually the best choice that we have, suicide is the biggest gamble that one can do because no one knows if we are in peace after death. And it's a risky gamble because as much as we can think that it's liberating it can also be a infinite nightmare
I'm still fighting as much as before but at least not as much as that character in silent hill or outlast and that is enough to keep me going
There is a YouTube channel called 'channelingerik'. It is about Erik Medhus who ctb:d some years ago in Texas. And now he is a spirit guide. It is all very positive so nothing scary. What resonates with me is that a lot of humans who commit suicide cant get used to being incarnated in this form as it is dense, messy and generally very challenging. Existence without a physical body is still consciousness but without the amnesia and the suffering.

Reactions: Homecoming and LonelyNick
VSAA

VSAA

Sep 21, 2020
I have a friend she is very into reiki and stuff, she says I'll be stuck in a kinda hell limbo. Even showed me a movie about it. Scary af. Still wanna go lol

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I don't believe in an afterlife. Maybe reincarnation? But I'm gonna forget everything of my present life so I don't care. For me the second best scenario is to be a ghost. I want to be a cool ghost, attend ouijas telling people I'm their grandpa, move tiny objects like pencils or keys so people think they lose them, turn off TVs with my useless powers can be fun.

Reactions: voltage268
FewerMoats

FewerMoats

Sep 1, 2020
I think reincarnation is hell. You suffer and struggle, then you finally get to die, but you come right back! No thank you.

Reactions: Leshen, Good4Nothing and voidman
HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
Say sike right now.

O

OblivionSeeker

Aug 8, 2020
My strongest hunch is that after-death is like being under deep anasthesia for surgery. When anasthesia starts, the nurse tells you to count backwards from 10....and by the time you get to 5, you are completely "under". and you know absolutely NOTHING. there is no fear, no pain, no nothing. I think death is probably the same way, and I don't fear it in the least. I also think Man's gods and religions are made-up rubbish.

Reactions: Sree, Leshen, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
Life is really a fucking joke

Reactions: rt1989526
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
My strongest hunch is that after-death is like being under deep anasthesia for surgery. When anasthesia starts, the nurse tells you to count backwards from 10....and by the time you get to 5, you are completely "under". and you know absolutely NOTHING. there is no fear, no pain, no nothing. I think death is probably the same way, and I don't fear it in the least. I also think Man's gods and religions are made-up rubbish.
Exactly how I think it is bound to be. But forever, no waking up.

Apr 25, 2019
It doesn't really matter, because no matter what you are going to die. I don't believe in eternal suffering, I think that eternal suffering as a punishment for sinning is just a way that organized religion attempts to control its followers. But assuming it does exist, does it really matter whether you die now or in a number of years?

Reactions: Leshen and LonelyNick
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It doesn't really matter, because no matter what you are going to die. I don't believe in eternal suffering, I think that eternal suffering as a punishment for sinning is just a way that organized religion attempts to control its followers. But assuming it does exist, does it really matter whether you die now or in a number of years?
exactly.
Eternity is eternity (=infinity), a few years here of there doesn't make a difference. Infinity - 1 = infinity.