• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
My younger brother has been struggling with depression for 8 years now.
He's 16 and that's sad if he does
I will eventually ctb, sure but what if my title became true.I would feel awful
What could happen? Sometimes I feel like I should ctb with him... he goes thru stages like he has bpd. (he doesn't) what can I do
At least, I'm not like him. but we all grew up mentally abused (still am) as we headed into our teenage years, they stopped physically doing it because it had no effect on us anymore. I feel like I get PTSD from those memories and sometimes I get them in my nightmares

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Once you're gone it's not your responsibility. It's logic that you are worried about what happens bc you r a human and we are social creatures. Your death will have impacts on your family and friends that's the ever unsolvable problem. Either you suffer for many more decades or your family / relatives will suffer and grief only for some time and eventually go on with their lives and learn how to deal with the fact. But obviously your brother has severe MH issues that also make him suicidal.

Really a very tough and complex situation your are trapped in. May I ask why you want to CTB?

I don't think there is a solution to that problem without causing suffering and pain on each side. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
Once you're gone it's not your responsibility. It's logic that you are worried about what happens bc you r a human and we are social creatures. Your death will have impacts on your family and friends that's the ever unsolvable problem. Either you suffer for many more decades or your family / relatives will suffer and grief only for some time and eventually go on with their lives and learn how to deal with the fact. But obviously your brother has severe MH issues that also make him suicidal.

Really a very tough and complex situation your are trapped in. May I ask why you want to CTB?

I don't think there is a solution to that problem without causing suffering and pain on each side. I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Thanks, well I guess that solve that really. It makes alot of sense.

Well

1. Lonely (can get jacked, can do all of that. but I would still feel empty as I was that person before)
2. nearly $40,000 in debt
3. PTSD from my disgusting childhood
4. PTSD took over my highschool career and ended my chances of being a star student
5. PTSD from the haunting memories by being treated like a slave
6. Parents on getting good grades, for school, making connections with people, with 0 time with myself. Claimed I never helped them when without me and my siblings we would be in hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt

Last edited:
L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024

Well

1. Lonely (can get jacked, can do all of that. but I would still feel empty as I was that person before)
4. PTSD took over my highschool career and ended my chances of being a star student
6. Parents on getting good grades, for school, making connections with people, with 0 time with myself. Claimed I never helped them when without me and my siblings we would be in hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt
That's a lot. I hope you find relief soon. IMO it will not affect your brother that much in terms of prompting him to ctb. You deserve relief from your pain.

AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021

Well

That's awful your childhood was like that, I'm so sorry. Have you/your brother tried therapy for PTSD? I would try it before CTBing (it might well help). There are many people in your situation whether from traumatic childhoods or the military (including on this forum).

It is your decision and if you truly have tried everything and don't see another way out it is your right to CTB. But the fact that you're so considerate about your brother tells me your parents tried to but didn't completely destroy you. Re. the debt do you have a career/path of study that can help pay it off?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori