greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I'm 90% certain death is not the end. We're basically conscious souls that are temporarily inhabiting a body. I haven't had an NDE myself but I'm had some 'psychic' type experiences and have come to believe that the brain doesn't produce consciousness, it's more like a radio that tunes into our non-local consciousness.

I've been reading more about NDEs these days. For me the literature on NDEs is extremely suggestive of the existence of an afterlife, when coupled with my own experiences that have made me reject the materialist view of consciousness. Even the case reports on reincarnation memories in children are fairly convincing to me.

Some recommended reading on parapsychology:

Reactions: win32, primalscream and (deleted member)
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I believe in an afterlife, and those that accept Jesus as their Savior will go to Heaven.

Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
In truth I don't believe in an afterlife, and maybe it's better that way, but some part of me hopes that after this life you go wherever you wished to go/be in this life. If you wished to live with friends, to be loved by a certain person, to live in a better world... You're brought there.

Or I guess, once I read a gag that said your whole life is just one giant acid trip, and really you're an alien doing drugs with friends and imagining the universe.
Would be fun if it was real, lol, although that would mean those drugs are pretty shitty.

ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
There's no credible evidence of a post-mortem existence.

M

maninblack

Sep 12, 2020
This is my biggest worry. I guess I would have eternal suffering in the lowest layer of hell then... because the merciful God wouldn't forgive me breaking the fifth commandment, would he? I guess not, priests say that God never forgives suicide. He just wishes some people had eternal suffering since the birth.

It depends. breaking fifth commandment/comitting suicide doesn't necessary leads one to end in Hell. If you're considering suicide, it's probably something or someone made you do it, or feel miserable.

Deleted member 22650

Deleted member 22650

Student
Oct 7, 2020
Technically nothing can disappear, nothing can appear everything is transformed.

So everything that your body is made of, which in my opinion, the reason we feel alive is that all those molecule put together to form our body
and created this chemical reaction we call life or consciousness, will be fed into the ground and probably help nature do it's thing.

What's happened with the dinosaurs that lived million years ago, their corpse mostly dissolved into the ground
and made this substance we call petrol which is used to fill our cars.

So life as you and I experience it will just not exist, the same as any other chemicals reaction in this world.
So as long as all those same molecules will not come together the same exact way they were when you were alive
you won't have clue of anything.

Every concept we experience here is an illusion made by our brain, listening, seeing, tasting, touching, earring
even loving, hating, pain, sadness, happiness whatever that is. Those are just chemical reactions within our brain
to make our species survive and ultimately procreate.

When our body is declared dead, technically enough of those million chemical reaction that made us feel alive
can not occur for whatever reason that is, I'm sure with science one day they'll make humans immortals by replacing
those missing parts, but as of today we are not yet there so we just cease to be.

So nothingness seems to be the most realistic way. Even tho we won't know what is it.

Last edited:
Reactions: voidman